Done to the Nines....

KCI-JohnP

Re: Done to the Nines....
« Reply #100 on: 15 Jul 2009, 05:19 pm »
Got any updates for us Denny? Frothing at the mouth here!!

Avalon

• Rock on!
    • Avalon A-V Consultants
« Reply #101 on: 11 Sep 2009, 12:15 am »
Seconded! - Any progress please Denny?

I do hope your company reorganisation can soon succeed in unjamming the 2-year backlog for the remaining 5 of the first 6 specials... 

Arthurs - did you realise quite how lucky you were - and still are! - with that awesome Number One?  Mine are No.5... yikes!

I'd really appreciate news and PMs from the other patient waiters for Nos. 2,3,4 and 6 - to reduce my anxiety, and to discuss speaker options and finishes chosen (macassar ebony? walnut burl? carbon fiber weave? all piano black? Porsche metallic?) 

I admit to smiling at the recent LS4 variations elsewhere.  If Denny agrees, I may reveal my own variation in the other direction, convertible between (i) Danny's topology and (ii) all-active with, er, "an adequate number" of amplifiers per side.  Expectation, therefore, is ...considerable. 

Meanwhile, the purple haze of heather again swathes my English homeland hills...
Denny, PLEASE tell us we don't need to hibernate for another LS-less winter!

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #102 on: 11 Sep 2009, 12:50 am »
I'm waiting for pair #2 .... :dunno:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #103 on: 11 Sep 2009, 01:43 pm »
Seconded! - Any progress please Denny?

I do hope your company reorganisation can soon succeed in unjamming the 2-year backlog for the remaining 5 of the first 6 specials... 
I wish it wasn't the case, guys, but...In a nutshell...
I've had a couple of unforseen things come up with that. I've had some issues come up with my long time bank, due to some new policies that have me having to take all of my business elsewhere. The timing couldn't be worse, with this arriving at what is always the busy season in my industry. That and the fact that I'm in the process of switching over from a sole proprietor, to an Incorporation is taxing as well. I'm not done all the work for that, and getting set up at another bank while still a sole proprietor and then switching over to a Incorporation later is twice the work.
Having two new guys to train had been like being a fulltime babysitter at times, and it takes me away from other things, so I took that down to one guy, so I have been behind. But with the need to take on some large contracts, so as not to be a casualty of a slower economy, it's something I had no choice but to do. Small business is tough that way. I can't "lay off" my new equipment and machinery. The bills keep coming in. Have to have the "bread and butter" jobs to keep the lights on, and line up contracts for the long term. It's been a long time since the last recession, and lots of shops around here are going belly up. I don't want to be one of them.

Work will continue with the speakers that are on order, but I have no choice but to do it while keeping a watchful eye on the bottom line. I'm just as frustrated about it as you all are.

~Denny

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #104 on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:18 am »
Any update?

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #105 on: 28 Apr 2010, 06:09 pm »
Though I know I'm probably wasting my breath; any updates Denny?

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #106 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:02 pm »
So I guess he's decided that just ignoring us is the best route to take?? :nono:

sts9fan

« Reply #107 on: 8 Jun 2010, 07:11 pm »
Step 1: Post 2000 times on message board
Step 2: Show some pretty pictures
Step 3: Profit!!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #108 on: 10 Jun 2010, 02:09 am »
So I guess he's decided that just ignoring us is the best route to take?? :nono:

I am so sorry that you and others were taken by Denny.   :nono:

Clearly he is not a man of character and anybody thinking of doing business with him should really think long and hard before giving him anything.

Buyer beware.

George