Review request: The Infinity Beta 20

exerciseguy

Re: Review request: The Infinity Beta 20
« Reply #20 on: 12 Nov 2007, 12:36 pm »
It's interesting, virtually nobody knows the names of the these designers whose products we all know & love.

That's where the online speaker companies get it right.

I can go over to AV123 and talk to Mark, or over the GR Research and talk to Danny, or HSU, or Ascends and actually get a question answered by the owner or engineer; that's pretty damn good for customer relations if you ask me.

ToddArthur

« Reply #21 on: 5 Dec 2007, 04:10 am »
If the Infinity Beta speakers are anything like the Infinity Primus 150s that I have they are probably a very musical speaker fro their size.  I have been really impressed with the quality and sound of the budget Infinity products of late.  Although they are rather austere looking they put the quality into solid cabinets and drivers.  Truly very nice speakers for the money!  Enjoy!

richidoo

« Reply #22 on: 5 Dec 2007, 05:03 am »
I have a couple pairs of the previous generation Entra 1 and Entra .5. I find the woofers to be extremely accurate and musical when paired with a high end amp. But either the crossover, tweeter or both have limitations, giving a pretty harsh top end. I would hope that this was improved for the new Beta line. I have read an article in Sensible Sounds from a year or two ago which compared the Infinity model to its closest brother the Revel in great detail. I think I remember the conclusion being that they were remarkably similar, only the outer appearance and price were significant differences. I don't remember many details, sorry. Sensible Sound had a <$1000 recommended system which included those Infinitys.  They used to be sold at my local Circuit City, but a recent visit they were gone. I have seen them only at online sellers. Crutchfield has them from time to time at a good discount.
Nice thread, good to read a little about the Betas. I would love to hear a pair. The Entras were good enough to boot me firmly into this hobby, and I still enjoy them.
Rich