Thanks Tdangelo for the Apex II speakers

golfnut

Thanks Tdangelo for the Apex II speakers
« on: 1 Nov 2007, 03:59 am »
I was at first concerned  with buying these speakers without having listened to them but from reading the reviews and with my discussions with Al at RAW I decided to take the plunge.  It also helped that they were on sale for at a bargain price. It has been awhile since I first received these speakers but due to some unfortunate equipment problems I wasn't able to really give them a fair shake until recently.  I don’t do a lot of posting or reviews but owe it to RAW Acoustics to let the word out on such a fine speaker.  The few reviews of the Apex II on this forum are spot on.  The upper frequencies are clear and extended without being etched and the mids have vocals sounding  so real. The bass on these babies really shine unfortunately I will need to install some room treatments to keep the bass from overpowering my room on certain notes.  It is a small price to pay for the extension, dynamics and sound staging that I am hearing. The vocals on Natalie Merchant’s Tigerlily can sound “3 dimensional” at times when listening through the Apex II’s. I guess the biggest complement that can be paid to the Apex’s is that they really make you want to kick back and enjoy the music.  I also wanted to point out  that Al is a pleasure to deal with and his passion for audio really comes through in his products and in the care he takes with his customers.

My system:
   Modified Signature Technologies  SRa-8 amp (40 watts)
   Audio Experience Plus R preamp
   Sony SCD CE595modified by Tube Research Labs
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2007, 05:41 pm by golfnut »

RAW

Re: Thanks Tdangelo for the Apex II speakers
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2007, 06:09 pm »
So you got some time on the Apex II now that is great.

Over all the Apex II I think will last you for some time in your listing enviroment with out any comprimise.

Room teatment comes into play for sure with the Apex II due to the low end response they have.But with a good selection of products now to control room responses I am sure you will get them dialed in.

Have a look here for some idea's
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=73.0

All the best.
Did the new wires show up?

golfnut

« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2007, 07:00 pm »
Yes, I did receive them and they are real nice set of wires. Thanks for all of your help and advice.

tdangelo

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2007, 08:04 pm »
Golfnut - glad you like the speakers  :beer:

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2008, 10:26 pm »
Glad you are enjoying them.
After a lengthy time with them now have you bi amped the Apex II