To Klaus, From A Very Concerned Fan

Eduardo AAVM

Re: To Klaus, From A Very Concerned Fan
« Reply #20 on: 27 Oct 2007, 03:38 pm »
Based on latest messages from Vr3 I have to agree with Lkdog that the intentions from the begining where not all that clear and friendly.

Odyssey takes time to deliver, sometimes, yes, we know that. You could save two, three, four,  months wahtever of your time but rather would need to work many more months to get/save/earn more money to buy another similar high quality product at Odyssey's level, paying nonsense premium prices. So for me, even with the sometimes not welcome delays, Odyssey is still a big bargain. I see in this case time related to money and money to time.

Yes we all would love to see a better web site, and get to the 2 weeks delivery period Odyssey had some years ago and altough Klaus do not want a corporate thing I do know he does his best to fix this issues.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #21 on: 27 Oct 2007, 03:44 pm »
I think that Klaus' website being so back-asswards is wholly planned...he has enough business (to satisfy himself), why try to dredge up more business?

Since when did the rules change and that having a fully functional and coordinated, up-to-date, website become paramount to do business?  It's optional - always has been, always will be I think.  It's up to him to make it superlative, or not.

:lol:Yes I also think that, an old-dated website pushes potential customers to call in, Klaus we know prefer a good talk, know more, be more personal with customers Is that a bad business ? I think is the best one can expect from a business, really taking care of customer, from habits, to acoustics to musical preferences.

Many big companies have better web sites, more flashy but you ask for service and you get nothing, a website is not the product.

Still the delays issue is a concern for all of us but Odyssey sports such high value that still one can wait for the products to be ready.

If not, read the Audio Federations note about Odyssey's room at RMAF.

s_cervin

« Reply #22 on: 27 Oct 2007, 03:57 pm »
I had a similar expereince as VR3 with my Candela, but at the end of the day I received a pre that sounds fantastic.  Personally I can live w/o a high tech website as long as Klaus continues to pick up the phone after only a couple rings :thumb:  It is nice to call a company and not punch 75 more buttons just to get customer service.  Klaus has always answered and had a few mintes to talk about what was going on.  Just last week when my Khartago started blowing fuses he picked and and I let him know I'd be sending it in....not a problem.  We then talked for a few on how great everything else sounded.  There are always tradeoffs in business strategies and Odyssey Audio offers great sounding products at great prices, and built in the US, but the tradeoff is a longer order to shipment process.  I buy products that sound good, not ones that are assured to be on the doorstep in a couple weeks.

Klaus has an electronics customer for life here.

slow_down

« Reply #23 on: 27 Oct 2007, 04:01 pm »
I have mixed feelings on whether VR3 should have written this post, but don't think he was being disingenuous at all - just frustrated.  And really the key takeaway is more accurate or at least more conservative delivery date info.  Maybe everyone here is experienced enough to just expect that an order from Odyssey could take months longer than Klaus initially communicates.  A lot of people aren't though, and better communication with more candid delivery info earlier on would make a big difference.  I'd much rather face a four month wait having been told that in the beginning, as opposed to a three month wait where I was told six weeks and then have to call the seller every week wondering where my preamp is.  Now that's just basic consumer psychology that anyone can understand I hope.

Vr3

« Reply #24 on: 27 Oct 2007, 04:37 pm »
better communication with more candid delivery info earlier on would make a big difference.  I'd much rather face a four month wait having been told that in the beginning, as opposed to a three month wait where I was told six weeks and then have to call the seller every week wondering where my preamp is.  Now that's just basic consumer psychology that anyone can understand I hope.

Thats my only point

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 27 Oct 2007, 05:39 pm »
I think Marbles point of view was the only way to constructfully look at Vr3's thread here. To say that a few problems don't exist helps no one, especially future Odyssey customers. To have only "good ole' boy" posts building up praise for Odyssey won't help future customers either when these delays eventually do happen. What will happen will be more not so nice threads against Odyssey from these fustrated customers who don't know Klaus, his situation, his company or his exceptional product. It's only us customers who actually know Klaus who are willing to overlook inconvienences because we know the situation, Klaus as a person, and the exceptional per dollar performance of his products.
Therefore I take issue with Lkdog's continuing negativity. I had no problems with his first post, he's intitled to his opinion, 1 that's supported by a lot of happy Odyssey owners but I thought Vr3 did a great job at answering his concerns and Lkdogs continuing negativity serves no purpose other than to fuel the flames. A pissing contest isn't what Klaus needs either. I had no intention of saying anything but because Eduardo feels the need to support Lkdog, I felt the need not to. JMHO.  :)

Robin

TjMV3

« Reply #26 on: 27 Oct 2007, 05:43 pm »
Right. I can tell your original post was made only with sincere concern for Klaus and Alex and their well being.  :lol:
You don't talk to them at all for two months to inquire about your order, yet come on here and claim you are a victim and he "blew you off" for months and they are "embarrassing and unprofessional". We can all feel the love. :roll:

Like I said-call the man.
I know Klaus well enough to know he will not get into this debate in public-usually to help others save face.
Good luck.

Well,  he did say he called Klaus several times over a 4-5 month period.  Whether or not that is true,  I don't know.

But if he did in fact call him several times over a 4-5 month period,  that's more than enough effort on his part.  At some point you have look to Klaus for the responsibility and accountability in fulfilling the order or telling him flat-out that it's either not going to happen or that realistically it will take several more months.

Sounds to me like Vr3 was simply looking for an honset and realistic timetable for the delivery of his amps.  Not 6-7 "another two weeks" guesses from Klaus.  If in fact Vr3 is being accurate with his version of this situation.

TjMV3

« Reply #27 on: 27 Oct 2007, 05:49 pm »
I think Marbles point of view was the only way to constructfully look at Vr3's thread here. To say that a few problems don't exist helps no one, especially future Odyssey customers. To have only "good ole' boy" posts building up praise for Odyssey won't help future customers either when these delays eventually do happen. What will happen will be more not so nice threads against Odyssey from these fustrated customers who don't know Klaus, his situation, his company or his exceptional product. It's only us customers who actually know Klaus who are willing to overlook inconvienences because we know the situation, Klaus as a person, and the exceptional per dollar performance of his products.
Therefore I take issue with Lkdog's continuing negativity. I had no problems with his first post, he's intitled to his opinion, 1 that's supported by a lot of happy Odyssey owners but I thought Vr3 did a great job at answering his concerns and Lkdogs continuing negativity serves no purpose other than to fuel the flames. A pissing contest isn't what Klaus needs either. I had no intention of saying anything but because Eduardo feels the need to support Lkdog, I felt the need not to. JMHO.  :)

Robin

I agree,  completely.

Vr3

« Reply #28 on: 27 Oct 2007, 06:02 pm »
If I could supply phone records I would --

I've waited 7 years for Mono blocks...

Trust me, I called frequent and often -- usually around 11pm eastern standard time... depending on what Klaus told me last -- either in 2 week or 1 month intervals..

All the best,
Trey

slow_down

« Reply #29 on: 27 Oct 2007, 06:20 pm »
I think Lkdog's posts were overly hostile, negative, weirdly defensive, and in general a real disservice to the Odyssey circle.  satfrat has it exactly right - this circle shouldn't be reduced to a "good ole boy" circle-jerk of uncritical and mindless praise.  There has to be some room for criticism (when warranted), or else none of the positive stuff has any credibility.

I can say with certainty that but for the wealth of information in the Odyssey circle and elsewhere within AC, I would not have bought from Klaus earlier this year.  I can also say that if I had found only unanimous praise from every member in perfect lockstep, I would have assumed that "the fix is in" and ran away.  The reputation of Klaus and his products is sturdy enough to withstand some criticism every now and then - he's human and gonna make a mistake.  VR3's experience seems like one of his bigger ones.  And based on what I know of Klaus from this board, I fully expect he'll try to make it right with VR3 and people will go to bed happy.

And Klaus, if you're reading this, could you tell or PM me if there are any Lorelei's in Chicago whose owners might let me have a listen?  I'm already thinking about upgrading my Nightingales next year :)

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #30 on: 27 Oct 2007, 06:52 pm »

And Klaus, if you're reading this, could you tell or PM me if there are any Lorelei's in Chicago whose owners might let me have a listen?  I'm already thinking about upgrading my Nightingales next year :)

Mr.Down, :lol: you can give byteme a PM hollar. He's under 2 hours from you in West Bend, WI and he may offer ya an audition. Never hurts to ask.  :thumb:
Here's his system, at least it was when the picture was taken,,,,,  :lol:

Robin

Haoleb

« Reply #31 on: 27 Oct 2007, 06:58 pm »
I think the most important thing in this thread that hopefully those who dont know Klaus or own his products like many of us do will see is the fact that even though some people havent had the absolute most superb service ever devised by man, We are still happy to reccomend Odyssey products, We still admire the ones which we have bought, And we still have great respect for Klaus and the rest of the folks at Odyssey. I will admit that I have had some trouble getting Klaus to respond to PM's on here. I needed instructions on how to rebias my Khartagos because one has gone amiss somehow. Quite a bit too. Its not economical for me to send back 40lbs of amplifier to be rebiased. When the first PM didnt work, A week or so later I called and spoke with Klaus for a bit, said he would send the info that day. Never came. I just shrugged it off and tried to do it without instructions because I was tired of waiting. That went ok. But I really wanted to do it the proper way. sent off another PM couple months later, no response. So finally just PM another forum member for the instructions. Was I a bit dissapointed? Of course.

But like I said in the start of this post, Even though Klaus may not respond to PM's or forget to do something that i felt was pretty important, I would STILL buy from him again, I STILL reccomend his products, and I STILL have great respect for the man. I know that he is trying to run a successful company, Take care of a family and live his own life aside of building amplifiers and responding to emails. So I can understand his situation. 

I didnt really want to mention my little touble I had, But I think that its important in a thread like this for people to see that even though Odyssey isint perfect we are still happy customers. And would still come back again.  :thumb:

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #32 on: 27 Oct 2007, 07:02 pm »
No one, not me at least is saying there is no delay/long period waiting problem SOMETIMES, we all know that, suffered that and got frustrated also, but one also have to calm down and in perspective, a few months of an EXTRAORDINARY dalay to get an extraordinary product costing a fraction of big name brands, for me is quite manageable.

Hopefully Klaus will find a way soon, to reduce delivery time to 4 or two weeks.

So VR3's and other cases have been only extraordinary situations not the average, consider this first.

I will always remember when I first approached Klaus as customer, not dealer, and ordered a Stratos and Tempest, but he told me it was not possible to get a Tempest around that time, Tempest always has been the most difficult product to get, I said ok then I get a couple of Monos, and he reacted as no one does, he warned me : "Sure ? Why don't you better listen to the stereo model, and later if you like it upgrade to Monos"  :o Incredible that someone tells you this, not willing to take a grand out of your wallet. From that day I knew Klaus was the right person to do business with, yes there have been delays, service issues, but still I love the product and this is something I feel very sure is shared with all mexican customers.

But yes, Klaus,please try to reduce the time to deliver the products and update your website.  :thumb: So you will be near the edge of business perfection.

« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2007, 07:31 pm by Eduardo AAVM »

Lkdog

« Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2007, 07:15 pm »

Robin

Not too concerned about what you think, but since the OP had the need to come on here and make public his version of the story it is fair game to comment upon. He has to be willing to weather different points of view if he is going to make such an accusatory and one sided post. Feigning concern for Klaus is really fooling no one.

If you have the opinion that someone who tries to solve his problem with a manufacturer by ripping that manufacturer on the manufacturer's message board for all to see-but had not even talked to the manufacturer in two months by his own admission that is certainly your right.

I have the opinion it is a poor way to address a problem and that is my right. I have no idea if Klaus screwed up the order or the OP is full of it. Could be both. Take it offline.

I have no doubt that there are some issues with some orders at Odyssey like there are with any small vendor. I have been in this hobby for years and dealt with a ton of vendors. Klaus is one of the better ones by far, easy to deal with, world class products, fair prices, good service, and honest.

My advice to anyone with a problem is the same.
1) Call Klaus to resolve it directly; or
2) Get your money back and spend it somewhere else. Plenty of other amps out there.

bunky

« Reply #34 on: 27 Oct 2007, 07:32 pm »
Vr3 is a Odyssey fan for sure. He chose to post his mind on the Odyssey circle and Vr3 said what he thought he had to say. lets try to play nice before things get too ugly  :thumb:.thanks....WCW III

martinr

« Reply #35 on: 27 Oct 2007, 07:32 pm »
When I purchased my system last year it took about 7 weeks to receive.  As we all know Odyssey is a one man show with one or two employees.  I realized as I spoke with Klaus about delivery times ect., (and yes there were issues that delayed shipment), that I was dealing with one guy juggling at least 10 different orders at the time.  So I used the "squeeky wheel gets the grease" approach and began calling him more often.  My impression at the time was Klaus was very busy and he was trying to satisfy everyone.  As I see it long wait periods ( although not as long as VR3's) is part of the price you pay for getting so much value for money from Odyssey.  I think VR3 has a legitimate complaint and it sucks to wait so long in frustration but if I were him I would have called more often than every two weeks.  I guess you could say the fact that he bought Odyssey used after being so frustrated is a testament to the product. 

Sorry this happened VR3 (Hope in time your system enjoyment helps you overcome your frustration  aa)

- Martin

TomW16

« Reply #36 on: 27 Oct 2007, 08:14 pm »
I don't have any stake in this thread but I'll offer some advice that has served me well.  If someone takes the time to offer criticism, take the feedback with as much gratitude as possible as it is a gift.  Most unsatisfied people will simply go elsewhere and only tell their friends about the poor product or service without ever telling the vendor that can actually do something to address the situation.

Cheers,
Tom

slow_down

« Reply #37 on: 27 Oct 2007, 08:20 pm »
I don't really have anything more to add on this topic but feel the need to say one more thing:

I love the way my Nightingales look slim and graceful from the front but beefier and more agressive from the side  :thumb:

TjMV3

« Reply #38 on: 27 Oct 2007, 09:30 pm »
I love my Nightingales!

Would love to find another pair in the same finish,  as you have slow_down.

Well,  if you ever decide to sell them,  let me know :D

Vr3

« Reply #39 on: 27 Oct 2007, 09:54 pm »
Ive always wanted to hear the nighting gales --

They look awesome, but I thought they were small - then I saw some actual pics and was amazed at their size.

Mammoth speakers with a deadly appearance...

Awesome stuff, The Lor's are defintiely something I was considering around the time of purchase of my Taylos...