Super 3's A Good Option For Me? Need Your Expertise Please

Slapshot

Re: Super 3's A Good Option For Me? Need Your Expertise Please
« Reply #20 on: 25 Nov 2007, 07:09 pm »
I think the 8" driver would have been better suited to a larger space anyway. The 4" driver is VERY good too  aa

Well, that helps put a somewhat positive spin on things after losing out on the Superhemps on Audiogon. That would seem to indicate I would be best off with either the Compact Hemps, or the Super 3 BiPoles. Could anyone explain the differences between these two, or advantages one might have over the other, and if they feel they will work well in the placement that I have described? Thanks, very much, for any help.

John

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 25 Nov 2007, 07:25 pm »
I think bipole speakers need some room to work properly, minimum of 3' from the back wall, more is better. I would go with the regular super 3s or the XRS if you have room for the cabinet, adding a hemp sub would be icing if you can find a place for it. However, I'd give Louis a call, his recommendations are probably what you really want.

Slapshot

« Reply #22 on: 25 Nov 2007, 07:31 pm »
I think bipole speakers need some room to work properly, minimum of 3' from the back wall, more is better. I would go with the regular super 3s or the XRS if you have room for the cabinet, adding a hemp sub would be icing if you can find a place for it. However, I'd give Louis a call, his recommendations are probably what you really want.

Thanks for the input on the bipoles. The XRS are definitely too big for the space I have available and a number of people have PM'ed me, or commented that while the regular Super 3's are very good, I will be disappointed if I don't move up to something up line from there, long term. I'm hoping Louis will comment here on the thread when his schedule permits. I'm hesitant to call him, at the moment, given the fact that he is dealing with family matters.

John

Slapshot

« Reply #23 on: 25 Nov 2007, 07:34 pm »

Thanks for the input on the bipoles. The XRS are definitely too big for the space I have available and a number of people have PM'ed me, or commented that while the regular Super 3's are very good, I will be disappointed if I don't move up to something up line from there, long term. I'm hoping Louis will comment here on the thread when his schedule permits. I'm hesitant to call him, at the moment, given the fact that he is dealing with serious family matters, as well as trying to keep things afloat with the Omega business.

John

Louis O

« Reply #24 on: 16 Dec 2007, 12:27 am »
Hi John,

Great thread and sorry about the long time it took for the reply. I'm back full time now and am concentrating on having the best line up out there for 08.

Great posts on this one and even though I didn't know about the tread, I have come up with a 3 piece system made for this. I originbally built it for my parents house as it needed to be compact. I call it The P Zoe. It is a pair of TS3 type monitors with a Deephemp Cube. The cube is 13 x 13x13. There is one finish and it's factory direct. This is really special at the price. It's all hemp and will be $1495 complete.
I think this will work out great for you. My deephemp subs blend in so well that I can't believe the synergy myself.

I will have pictures soon.

Thanks,
Louis

PS, I had a customer setting up a pro studio stop by and he bought the monitors for nearfield on first listen.

Unity is trying to copy my old stuff. That's OK

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #25 on: 16 Dec 2007, 04:54 am »
Hi John,

Great thread and sorry about the long time it took for the reply. I'm back full time now and am concentrating on having the best line up out there for 08.

Great posts on this one and even though I didn't know about the tread, I have come up with a 3 piece system made for this. I originbally built it for my parents house as it needed to be compact. I call it The P Zoe. It is a pair of TS3 type monitors with a Deephemp Cube. The cube is 13 x 13x13. There is one finish and it's factory direct. This is really special at the price. It's all hemp and will be $1495 complete.
I think this will work out great for you. My deephemp subs blend in so well that I can't believe the synergy myself.

Thanks,
Louis

PS, I had a customer setting up a pro studio stop by and he bought the monitors for nearfield on first listen.

Welcome back Louis. And good luck in 2008. What are TS 3 monitors?

Slapshot

« Reply #26 on: 16 Dec 2007, 05:54 am »
Hi John,

Thanks,
Louis

Louis,

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm very eager to see the pictures and learn more about the P Zoe system.

John

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #27 on: 16 Dec 2007, 10:44 am »
Louis offered TS3's a few years back.  At that time they used modified Fostex FE127E drivers in a small narrow faced cabinet.  It was the cheapest of the three speakers Louis first sold, and the one I told him then that out of those three would be the one to mate best with a sub.  A few folks ordered TS3's with the very nice (but less efficient) Fostex F120A driver.  With the hemp drivers they should really be nice. 

BTW the Super 3 came soon after with its wider baffle to provide a more "filled in" midbass.  There were a couple of smaller speakers after that, then the dipole/bipole and the XRS before Louis went jungle (hemp) on us.   :icon_lol: