Elixer Subwoofers?????

Andrikos

Elixer Subwoofers?????
« Reply #20 on: 12 Sep 2003, 10:26 pm »
Quote from: jgubman
Personally, I'd rather pay a premium to have Brian figure out the exact details of the design and build the speakers for me.

I trust my wood-working skills, but I definately don't trust my soldering skills and I'm not too good at following schematics...

Speaker schematics are supr duper easy and soldering is really not that hard. Woodworking on the other hand, now THAT's hard. You're way more than half way there.

Big B, provide those kick ass kits and they will come... :)

warnerwh

Elixer Subwoofers?????
« Reply #21 on: 14 Sep 2003, 06:38 am »
For the ribbon and tweeter making something out of wood is actually pretty simple.  Building and designing a woofer cabinet isn't so simple.  Soldering is fairly simple in this application.  Little is needed for wood and paying someone to do it for you wouldn't even cost that much for the ribbon/tweeter.  I don't remember what Brian used to damp the back wave with but if anyone else does please post it. Also let's not lighten up on the pressure to get various kit options available and/or a model that is much slimmer.  I'm sure designing new models and having cabinets done is no easy chore but just making various kits available sure would be nice, how about it Brian?  Only a win win situation as far as I can see for all.  A speaker without woofers would be perfect.

Marbles

Elixer subs?
« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2003, 06:21 pm »
Brian,

Have you given any more thought to these subwoofers?

Thanks for any info.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
rmx woofers
« Reply #23 on: 30 Sep 2003, 12:27 am »
Give me another month.

warnerwh

Elixer Subwoofers?????
« Reply #24 on: 30 Sep 2003, 12:29 am »
Does this mean you are going to make some ribbon towers  without woofers too?

Marbles

Elixer Subwoofers?????
« Reply #25 on: 30 Sep 2003, 12:32 am »
No problem on another month, thanks.