Emerald Physics CS2 loudspeakers at RMAF...WOW!!!

GregC

Re: Emerald Physics CS2 loudspeakers at RMAF...WOW!!!
« Reply #120 on: 31 Jan 2008, 12:53 am »
The first program of the presets is setup for a distance of 3 to 6 feet from the rear wall, so I assume the speakers need a minimum of 3 feet.  My speakers are setup just over 4 feet from the wall and sound incredible.

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #121 on: 1 Feb 2008, 04:08 pm »
For you Behringer DCX2496 folks who like to be explorers and journey beyond the mother ship, you may want to look into this before you travel down the mod path -

Have a look at this: http://freerider.dyndns.org/anlage/LeCleach.htm

A friend has a pair of Hawthorne OB Duets moded with a Radian Compression driver and IMHO from the description of the CS2 speakers are a close cousin to them.  He has downloaded the LeCleach information and this past weekend we tried it.  It made a very noticeable difference in soundstage between the standard settings verses the LeCleah settings.  I likened it to being in about the forth row of the auditorium [normal setting of the DCX] to being on stage with the band [using the LeCleach settings] and having a real 3D feeling like I have never experienced before.  I keep looking around to see where all the musicians were positioned.  LOL

Like the CS2 speakers, the 15" Augie bass drivers provide a very fast, clean, dynamic and realistic bass sound.  This same friend owns a pair of Altec 19s and states the bass is very similar between the two speakers.  In a month or so I hope to get an opportunity to listen to both speakers side-by-side, and in the future to get an opportunity to audition the CS2s at one of the NY Raves. 

L

dweekie

« Reply #122 on: 17 Feb 2008, 11:30 am »
Guys.. I Heard the CS-2's recently at my local dealer here in Atlanta and having heard them..I ordered a pair from Clayton. I should be up in about 1-2 weeks time :roll: As a Quad owner and lover :drool:...I took the plunge to go with the CS-2 after hearing them do all the Quads did and much more..Already spoke to Ric Shultz about his upgrade of the DCX..but for now will use the stock 2496 DCX...

George, any new impressions at this point to share? Hows it coming along..Tom..jump in too with your impressions.

Where in Atlanta?  Is there a dealer list somewhere? 

TomS

« Reply #123 on: 17 Feb 2008, 11:40 am »
Underwood HiFi may be the one:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1207449953

I don't know anything about them or if they are a B&M though.

Tom

Big Red Machine

« Reply #124 on: 17 Feb 2008, 12:37 pm »
Underwood HiFi may be the one:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1207449953

I don't know anything about them or if they are a B&M though.

Tom

NO, he is not.  And Walter is in Hawaii for the winter now but will answer the phone number PDQ as if he is in Hotlanta.

kehut

« Reply #125 on: 17 Feb 2008, 03:43 pm »
Guys.. I Heard the CS-2's recently at my local dealer here in Atlanta and having heard them..I ordered a pair from Clayton. I should be up in about 1-2 weeks time :roll: As a Quad owner and lover :drool:...I took the plunge to go with the CS-2 after hearing them do all the Quads did and much more..Already spoke to Ric Shultz about his upgrade of the DCX..but for now will use the stock 2496 DCX...

George, any new impressions at this point to share? Hows it coming along..Tom..jump in too with your impressions.

Yes, Underwood HiFi here in Roswell, GA.  Walt is indeed in Hawaii, but should be back in a few weeks time. His business phone will forward to him there and he's very prompt to return calls. Walt's very knowledgable and a great guy to work with.

dweekie

« Reply #126 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:19 pm »

Yes, Underwood HiFi here in Roswell, GA.  Walt is indeed in Hawaii, but should be back in a few weeks time. His business phone will forward to him there and he's very prompt to return calls. Walt's very knowledgable and a great guy to work with.

Thanks for the prompt reply.