RMAF thoughts

John Casler

Re: RMAF thoughts
« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2007, 05:47 pm »
Wayne,

I thought you mentioned that your provided a "special" wiring for these.

It that the "SUPERMAX" Bolder silver wiring option, or was it something new?

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2007, 05:58 pm »
Would just like to say Thank you to all who came out to the show and visited our room.

A special thanks to George(Zybar) who lended his ear to try and produce the best sound and for all his help in setting up, to Brian(brj) for all is help in the tear down as it is a major undertaking lugging those crates around.
I wish we could have run the system a couple days before as the music on Saturday was so much better then on Friday and by Sunday the system was really singing.
 When you put together a room like this, the variables are so many but by the end the sound was wonderful.
 Sunday was a very special day personally as the guys from the Audiophile Voice stopped by and played some very demanding piano works and said that our system played these pieces as well as a couple of 100K systems they had heard.
 The icing on the cake was when the quartet sponsored by Kimber  walked into our room to have their music played on our system recorded by Ray using their ISO miking method, I believe from the smile on their faces that they loved what they heard.This was a very special honor for us and I couldn't have been more proud while trying to be humble at the same time. When the cellist shook my hand her handshake was one of strength that I had never felt from a woman.All that practice has given her a vise grip force.

Last but surely not least, to Wayne for putting it all together, your a gentleman and now friend. Thank you.

Bill

Wayne1

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:11 pm »
John,

These RM-60 were made with Sonicaps in the crossover and the speakers were wired with the BOLDER Silver wire. Speaker cables used the same wire as in the crossover.

The Bybee Golden Goddess Super Effect Speaker Bullets were used on the input terminals of the RM60s.

We also used the Bybee Golden Goddess Super Effect power cables on the amps.

All other power cables were from BOLDER and use the same wire as in the speaker cable.

Interconnects were a combination of Nitro and Summit from BOLDER  :wink:

Wayne1

« Reply #23 on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:12 pm »
Thanks for you comments, Bill.

Here are a couple of scary photos

nature boy

« Reply #24 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:08 pm »
Do my eyes deceive me or are those Eastern Electric monoblock amps?  Something new Bill?

NB

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #25 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:31 pm »
Yes NB,
 Eastern Electric M156 Tube Monoblocks, 160 watts of tube power in each monoblock incorporating the new Chinese octal base EL156 tubes along with Chris VH -V caps with permalloy core input transformers.
 and now you know why I don't like to have my picture taken :oops:
My wife is definetly my better half. :lol:

Bill

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #26 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:07 pm »
Would just like to say Thank you to all who came out to the show and visited our room.

A special thanks to George(Zybar) who lended his ear to try and produce the best sound and for all his help in setting up, to Brian(brj) for all is help in the tear down as it is a major undertaking lugging those crates around.
I wish we could have run the system a couple days before as the music on Saturday was so much better then on Friday and by Sunday the system was really singing.
 When you put together a room like this, the variables are so many but by the end the sound was wonderful.
 Sunday was a very special day personally as the guys from the Audiophile Voice stopped by and played some very demanding piano works and said that our system played these pieces as well as a couple of 100K systems they had heard.
 The icing on the cake was when the quartet sponsored by Kimber  walked into our room to have their music played on our system recorded by Ray using their ISO miking method, I believe from the smile on their faces that they loved what they heard.This was a very special honor for us and I couldn't have been more proud while trying to be humble at the same time. When the cellist shook my hand her handshake was one of strength that I had never felt from a woman.All that practice has given her a vise grip force.

Last but surely not least, to Wayne for putting it all together, your a gentleman and now friend. Thank you.

Bill

Thanks guys.

It is always a pleasure to lend people such as yourselves a helping hand.    :D

Glad that the show turned out well.

George