Where do you guys buy & sell used photo gear?

Skipperrik

Where do you guys buy & sell used photo gear?
« on: 12 Oct 2007, 11:42 am »
I've recently had a bad experience at Photogon so I was wondering where you guys do your trading?  I have several lenses and a film camera I'd like to sell as well as purchase a few additional lenses.  Is there another site that's more active (and better run)?

nicksgem10s

Re: Where do you guys buy & sell used photo gear?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2007, 07:18 pm »
I am new to photography in general but spend a fair amount of time learning online and reading.

These are the two that I think are pretty sweet for camera stuff as long as you are familiar with ebay.  There is always a risk when buying/selling used gear be it audio or photography.

www.fredmiranda.com
www.ebay.com

Hope this helps.

Nick

nathanm

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2007, 08:31 pm »
I had good experience with keh.com.  I sold a lens to them by simply filling out a form online about the condition and whatnot and then got a quote and shipped it to them. Later a person called after their techs looked it over and I got more money for it than my original quote.  Nice.  It was very simple and less hassle than eBay with its built-in week delay and potentially flakey buyers.  No PayPal or eBay taking a taste either. 

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2007, 11:55 pm »
Second Nathan's post. KEH is a good place to buy from. Not the cheapest, but they're really honest about stuff. I got a lot of my old film cameras from them. I remember getting a Nikon 8008 from them that was listed as 'good' (a backup for my F4s) There was something wrong with it, so I sent it back and they sent me one that was completely mint in box. I dunno about selling to them.

I wish I could find a site that has used high end digital backs for sale.

Skipperrik

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2007, 11:41 am »
Thanks for the replies guys.  Both fredmiranda.com and KEH look interesting.  Of course, eBay has the most gear by far.  I appreciate your responses.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2007, 11:46 am »
What are you selling?

:green: