So, what's to do in Toronto for a couple days?

TheChairGuy

So, what's to do in Toronto for a couple days?
« on: 12 Oct 2007, 10:23 am »
I love your city - one of my favorites in the world (and vastly underrated) - lots to do and see.  I don't go there as often as I once did (now living on the West Coast in California) so I only come for business the past 5 years, not pleasure anymore.

So, I'm out at the Congress Centre for a trade show (Hardware Show Canada) October 15-17 next week...what do you suggest I do for the couple nights I have there?  I'm not usually wanting for things to do in Toronto, lots of great food and activities, but I thought I'd ask locals here to possibly program my time (other than kindly concierge at hotel, of course) this time. 

From 9-5PM I'm at the show, however  :(

Thanks - John

zane9

Re: So, what's to do in Toronto for a couple days?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:28 pm »
I love your city - one of my favorites in the world (and vastly underrated) - lots to do and see.  I don't go there as often as I once did (now living on the West Coast in California) so I only come for business the past 5 years, not pleasure anymore.

So, I'm out at the Congress Centre for a trade show (Hardware Show Canada) October 15-17 next week...what do you suggest I do for the couple nights I have there?  I'm not usually wanting for things to do in Toronto, lots of great food and activities, but I thought I'd ask locals here to possibly program my time (other than kindly concierge at hotel, of course) this time. 

From 9-5PM I'm at the show, however  :(

Thanks - John

John, welcome back to our city! We have so much to offer you, post-5pm. Theater, music, dance, great restaurants, shops. For your recorded music pleasure, we have shops with new and gently-used CD and vinyl.

So, what do you wanna do? While you're thinking about that, have a look at some really good listings online. You'll find out what's going on when you're here. Loads 'o choices.

Now Magazine  http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/current/

Toronto Life  http://www.torontolife.com/

Also, pack a jacket. Autumn arrived full-on this week. Temps fell from 32 celsius Monday to 10 celsius today!

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:59 pm »
Also, pack a jacket. Autumn arrived full-on this week. Temps fell from 32 celsius Monday to 10 celsius today!

Cool - thanks for those links zane 9, I'll look thru them later :thumb:

No music shopping...too far to ship back.  I have had great food in Toronto (I had a Lamburger, stuffed with feta and herbs in Toronto the last time that I'm still salivating over  :wine: )

brrr, on the cold.  That kinda' cold cuts thru my think Cali blood like nothing else.  I got lucky in NY and Chicago last week...it was 70-80 F.  My luck, insofar as temps go, stops in Toronto. 

Of course, it was dang near freezing in Ottawa when I visited a couple years back...and I saw Canucks walking around (in short bursts) in short sleeves  :o  So, to you all, it's nuthin'  :wink:

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2007, 07:03 pm »
There are great strip  clubs up in Toronto, Id suggest hitting them all... just a thought.
Mike

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2007, 07:08 pm »
There are great strip  clubs up in Toronto, Id suggest hitting them all... just a thought.
Mike

I have thrown a couple loonies at those, too, over time  :wink:

I'm 44 now, tho healthy, I must have some measure of declining testosterone levels as those places don't
interest me much anymore. Tho Canadian ladies are a rather friendlier variety of  stripper than I'm used to in the states  :D

aerius

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2007, 08:43 pm »
Mike

I was about to suggest the massage spas where the massages have happy endings, as a recent court ruling has deemed them legal.  Link to news article.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2007, 11:12 pm »
Thanks for all your help, guys  :thumb:

Weather held out (60's F daytime), but I had zero time to do anything my first nite, Monday (I did a expedition of Canadian retailers visiting Cdn Tire, Zellers, Home Depot, Business Depot/Staples, Sears, Home Outfitters, and Sam's Club).  I don't often get up here anymore and hadn't checked them out in some time (I sell retail chains so it's not that I am shopping-crazed  :icon_lol:)

Tuesday nite I was beat...took a wee nap after the show and headed downtown.  Very bustling for a Tuesday nite....really great stuff seeing folks walking the street.

Hit a great little cafe on King...http://toronto.foodontario.com/restaurants.php?letter=U& called Ultimate Cafe and walked around a bit more.  After getting lost on a few more streets due to GPS malfunction and tall buildings downtown   :icon_twisted: I made my way back to the Radisson Suites at the airport.

All in all another great trip to your fair city...and I hope some reason brings me back again

John :)