Introducing pandafeet sorbothane audio footers

gary

« on: 8 Sep 2003, 03:18 am »
My website, URL pandathumbaudio.com, is now online and my first product is available for purchase. These are sorbothane footers, guaranteed to be the best sorbothane product out there or your money back. For more information, or to read a white paper describing exactly why this is a superior site, please visit the url above.

For now, the only way to purchase them is through URL my ebay store, I may eventually take online orders directly but it's not very likely as my goal is zero overhead to keep the prices at or below what the equivalent diy cost would be. Any comments, suggests, questions, etc. feel free to email me at nospam_gary@pandathumbaudio.com (obviously, just remove the nospam_ first).

thanks
-gary

MaxCast

« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2003, 11:00 am »
What are the dimensions of these thumbs?

gary

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2003, 11:23 am »
they're 1" in diameter and 0.85" thick. i realize now that there's no way to tell the size from my picture, so i'll probably add another one with a quarter next to it for reference.

with sorbothane, the thicker you get the lower the resonant frequency and the better the damping, so long as compression is still betewen 10 and 20 percent. these are designed to be as thick as possible, while maximizing compression throughout. which means, basically, that this is the optimum design for components in the weight range.

according to the engineers at sorbothane, their material only works if you can see it "bulging" (i.e. it's in the target strain/compression range), and just looking at my footers with a load applied makes it clear that they're far superior to any kind of hemispheric design in that regard. again, this is another thing that i'll have pictures of and a more indepth discussion about on the website soon (including finite element simulations comparing avg. strain in my footers vs. a hemisphere design under a given load).

-gary