It has been very quiet around here lately  :scratch:

mjosef

Re: All Quiet on the VMPS Front
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2007, 01:46 am »
wonder what the Big B is hatching up?
 aa

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2007, 12:00 pm »
I think he should whip up a JLA (just large array) for about 1/2 the cost of VLA.  I could use a pair and ditch my Ls.

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2007, 07:35 pm »
It has been very quiet around here lately  :scratch:

Yeah, everyone must be listening to their systems, which is not always a bad thing.

And I'm usually a motor mouth, but have been swamped lately.

Hardly get a spare moment to listen to my new BCSE RM40's which have simply "knocked me out" with how incredible they sound in my rig/room.

Posted on another circle that I had changed out phono preamp, from an "OLD" very well regarded unit, to a now "budget" Parasound ZPHONO unit.

The difference (and some of it might be the new RM40s) was GREAT.

Vinyl is back alive at the Casler Man CAVE. aa

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2007, 07:50 pm »
I think he should whip up a JLA (just large array) for about 1/2 the cost of VLA.  I could use a pair and ditch my Ls.

While the LARGERs are not to be compared to the VLA's, one might find sufficient satisfaction in adding at least an additional pair of LARGERS to "STACK" on top of the current pair, and for less than $2200 additional, have bass that few will know in their lifetime.

Add another stock pair ($1400) to set behind your listening postiion in a push pull, and you will Thank "Your Diety", for John Clayton, Victor Wooten, DeanPeer, and any other Bass player of similar repute, you can think of.

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2007, 07:51 pm »
wonder what the Big B is hatching up?
 aa

He is scratching his chin, with a twinkle in his eye and dreaming of CES's to come.