Alan Maher's Power Enhancer

mdconnelly

Re: Alan Maher's Power Enhancer
« Reply #1180 on: 23 Aug 2009, 01:34 pm »
Jen,  updates are very much welcome!  Thank you.  FWIW, there's a few places where the fonts are not consistent - look at the Quantum Ref Power Center and Quantum Ref Power Cable pages. 

Looking forward to the sale!

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #1181 on: 23 Aug 2009, 01:51 pm »
Thanks for your sharp eyes, Mike.  I couldn't even see a difference (old age setting in, I guess), so I just resized each area with a consistant font and called it a day.  Let me know if there are any other inconsistancies!

silverlight

« Reply #1182 on: 23 Aug 2009, 02:29 pm »
Hi Guys!

Checking in to see what's new in the Circle.  I've been bored out of my mind since the surgery, and have finally nagged Alan into updating his website in preparation for our Annual Labor Day Weekend Extravaganza sale.  (translate this as, I updated the website  :lol: )  Plenty of time to check out my handywork before then, let me know how I did (typical woman, I just love compliments  ;) )
Jen - I really like the updated website, very nice flow and organization!best,Geoff

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #1183 on: 23 Aug 2009, 03:06 pm »
Thanks, Geoff.  My ego needed the boost.  :D  Enjoy browsing through!

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1184 on: 24 Aug 2009, 12:49 pm »
Breaking News: The new Infinity Pulse Gen wire-in filter will be available during the Labor Day/Weekend sale.  The wire-in is very small (2.5" x 1.6" x 0.8") and should easily fit into almost any component.  Highly recommended for all digital, video, and solid state components. 

The filter is fitted with 2 - 6" wire leads that are soldered across the IEC socket hot and neutral or wired into the IEC connector on the power cord.  The circuit absorbs, harmonizes, re-tune, and finally shunts the internally generated electromagnetic frequencies away from the component where it can no longer affect the component performance or signal quality. 

Installed inside a component, the Infinity Pulse Gen wire-in instantly makes the component more resolving, detailed, and revealing. The listener will be engulfed in a realistic soundstage with pure musical timbre - the improvement is absolutely stunning!

Price: $225.00
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2009, 08:42 am by alanmaher »

mdconnelly

« Reply #1185 on: 24 Aug 2009, 04:34 pm »
Thanks for your sharp eyes, Mike.  I couldn't even see a difference (old age setting in, I guess), so I just resized each area with a consistant font and called it a day.  Let me know if there are any other inconsistancies!
Jen, I now see why it was hard to see a difference!  In IE, there does not appear to be any difference.  But with Firefox, there's a clear difference.   Look at this page with Firefox and you'll see what I mean...  http://alanmaherdesigns.com/QRPC.aspx

Overall tho, the added content is great - nice job!

BobM

« Reply #1186 on: 24 Aug 2009, 07:14 pm »
Breaking News: The new Infinity Pulse Gen wire-in filter will be available during the Labor Day/Weekend sale.  The wire-in is very small (2.5" x 1.6" x 0.8") and should easily fit into almost any component.  Highly recommended for all digital, video, and solid state components. 

Price: $125.00

Would this be as effective in a junction box or power conditioner that is feeding multiple system components, or does it need to be located inside the component itself, closer to its power transformer? Is it more appropos for digital components, or amps, or solid state or tubes, etc. or just about everywhere?

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1187 on: 24 Aug 2009, 08:53 pm »
Bob

At the panel box it is nest to use the Infinity CBF.  The CBF should also be used at the AC and IEC connector of all digital, video, and computer.

The Infinity Pulse Gen wire-in is best used inside the component wired across the IEC or power inlet solder pads of the power supply board.  The IPG should be installed as close to the power supply as possible to effectively absorb/neutralize the stray EM field.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1188 on: 25 Aug 2009, 10:51 am »
This month's Artist of the Month is Richie Kotzen.  Richie is an enormous talent who has definitely come into his own the last several years.  If you like Rock/Blues/Funk, please stop by our web site to read his bio and listen to a few YouTube tunes recorded just a couple of weeks ago.  He has a brand new album coming out next month.  CD Japan is a great place to pick it up if you like what you hear.

http://alanmaherdesigns.com/DIY.aspx

Note:
I have a bit of good news and bad news.  The bad news my wife has talked me out of offering the CD/DVD tweaked ROM for all you PC audio guys.  The good news is, she will be putting together a DIY PDF for the project just as soon as I can find the last piece.  I have been scouring the earth for a Quantum Symphony Pro so I could bypass the internal power supply and wire the QS Pro into the 5 volt (one of my favorite tricks).  The project will provide optimal line frequency, RFI/EMI noise suppression, magnetic EMI shielding, and shot noise reduction/isolated power... all goodies for PC audio.  The QS Pro will be the crowning achievement to add a little magnetic parallel filtering in to the equation.  We will post the PDF as soon as possible.

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #1189 on: 26 Aug 2009, 10:12 am »
Hi Guys!

Breaking news!  During the Labor Day Extravaganza, we will be introducing the New! Infinity Shield.  The Infinity Shield ($105.00 list) grounds noise of all spare receptacles, lowers the noise floor by -80db, and offers a frequency bandwidth of dc to 15 GHz.  The Infinity Shield will offer a major performance upgrade within one hour, and no additional set-up time is required.  A grounded receptacle is required. 

An old favorite, the New! PE v3.  PE v3 ($135.00 list) has been upgraded using copper foil caps, 6N copper bus wiring, and lead-free silver solder.  Sound quality has been significantly improved.

Last but not least, we are proud to introduce the New! PE VI.  PE VI ($550.00 list) is the largest filter that we manufacture.  With six individualized filter banks, PE VI has the largest filter bandwidth of anything we offer in the PE line.  PE VI offers true-to-life reproduction.

Three New! products offer a performance upgrade unlike anything else we've ever offered.  All three products, when properly installed, create a walk-through three-dimensional sound field with exacting pin-point imaging and stage layering.

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #1190 on: 3 Sep 2009, 11:17 pm »
Our annual Labor Day/Weekend Extravaganza Sale begins at midnight eastern standard time.  Almost everything on the site will be marked down 20%.  All orders over $500.00 will receive a FREE Infinity CBF.

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #1191 on: 4 Sep 2009, 11:02 am »
Labor Day/Weekend Extravaganza Sale!

We have several new products available.  Almost everything is marked down 20% from list.  All orders over $500.00 will receive a FREE Infinity CBF.

Please email your order request and include shipping address.  We will price the order to include Shipping/Handling and PayPal fee.  If you would like to pay by check or money order please note payment option in your email.  We ship worldwide.

Email: alanpmaher@alanmaherdesigns.com   

Alan Maher designs 
Better Sound Through Science

« Last Edit: 5 Sep 2009, 10:46 am by JenMaher »

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #1192 on: 5 Sep 2009, 10:45 am »
For today only!  (5 September 2009)

We have a limited number of Reference III ground filters available (release date Nov 2009)
only $225.00

Note:  The Reference III is a substantial improvement in noise filtering,
and nothing on the market offers this level of active ground filtering.

Be prepared to be blown away...

cfmsp

« Reply #1193 on: 5 Sep 2009, 09:14 pm »

Hi,

I see some familiar names here, perhaps I can get some advice on where to start were I to purchase any of Alan's products here.  It seems that many of the products I'm looking at come in different prices with the difference being how far down the line the product will impact the current.

I'm using NOTHING today that would qualify as power line conditioning, etc.

I live in an apartment building in NYC, and therefore can't change any of the existing power provisions.

I listen primarily to computer audio with a system comprised of a Metric Halo ULN-2 portable DAC , a Nelson Pass class A power amp (currently Aleph 30, but a First Watt F5 is being assembled by Nelson right now), and a DeHavilland Ultraverve  6SN7 tube-based preamp.

My computer is presently a Macbook Pro, but a Mac Mini is on it's way from China.

I use Firewire from Mac to ULN-2 (if that matters), I also have in the near vicinity (i.e. on same power circuits) an Airport Extreme, Apple TV, Western Digital 1TB external hard drive, a Sony Bravia LCD panel TV and a cable box (Scientific Atlanta). 

Power cords on the amp and preamp are Analysis Plus.  The DAC runs off DC, and is powered by a custom linear power supply from Gordon Rankin.

so, I'm wondering where to start, and would obviously prefer some advice while the sale is on.

I don't 'get' the differences between the Power Enhancer VI, Quantum V2, Quantum Studio.

Currently, I have the power amp on one outlet (along with the Western Digital hard drive), and everything else is on a power strip on another outlet pair.

Presumably I should get the Quantum reference power center as a starting point, and presumably it offers the benefits of the Quantum Studio along with the receptacles?

If that were the 'centerpiece' of a solution, what would be recommended I do to separate some of the devices to separate outlets, and what other pieces would serve as a good base starting point?

Thanks in advance for any help, esp, if coming from Silverlight, jtwrace, or any of the gang from Computer Audiophile.

Cheers,
Clay

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1194 on: 6 Sep 2009, 09:32 am »
Hi Clay-

Just a brief note for clarification.  The Quantum Reference Power Cable, Quantum Reference Power Center, Quantum Studio, Quantum v2, and Quantum IEC all have different types of filtering and are designed to be used in conjunction with one another.  For your New York apartment, I would recommend one Infinity CBF 3M mounting taped over the spare receptacle of the AV duplex.  Second, a Quantum Reference Power Center.  Third, a PE VI.  And last, a combination of Reference and Quantum Reference Power Cables. 

cfmsp

« Reply #1195 on: 6 Sep 2009, 12:49 pm »
Thanks Alan,

On the PE VI, is this used in line with the amp, or plugged into the second receptacle on the outlet into which the power amp is plugged? or something else?

thanks for your response,
clay

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1196 on: 6 Sep 2009, 01:31 pm »
Clay

The VI is plugged in at the wall with the amp ac male plug.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1197 on: 7 Sep 2009, 09:42 am »
n/a
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2009, 04:13 pm by alanmaher »

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #1198 on: 7 Sep 2009, 04:13 pm »
N/A
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2009, 08:11 pm by alanmaher »

cfmsp

« Reply #1199 on: 8 Sep 2009, 12:10 am »
Clay

The VI is plugged in at the wall with the amp ac male plug.

Thanks Alan,

I presume that your recommendation of PE for amp to start off (and not for the other devices) means that the effects of an individual PE are more pronounced on a (Class A) power amp, than on either a portable/5 VDC DAC or (tube) preamp?

I assume that I could test the PE with either of the other pieces of gear to see which might be impacted more siginficantly?  Or is it not worth the trouble?

I'll place an order before the bewitching hour.

Thanks in advance,
Clay