Alan Maher's Power Enhancer

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
Re: Alan Maher's Power Enhancer
« Reply #180 on: 8 Jan 2008, 01:04 pm »
"i can imagine a PE III(on the main Butler amp), PE II(on the Sunfire processor), and 3 more PE's(for the rear Butler amp, HTPC, and auxilary power strip) on the back of the BPT. Paints a pretty picture don't it Alan?"

Yes it does.  :thumb:

"Oh yeah, volumes back up and the notes are still a'lingering,,,, simply too cool."

The PE IV is a great design.  The best is yet to come.  aa  Adding more PE IV's over time to shared circuits provide a doubling effect...very cool stuff.
« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2008, 06:40 pm by alanmaher »

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #181 on: 8 Jan 2008, 09:33 pm »
"Heck all the PE's have added a sense of warmth so I'm not sure why I'd want a PE w/gold instead of silver,,, which is really all the PE III is."

The PE III has a little more to it than just gold wire  :D

"Isn't 12 PE's enough anyways Alan?"

Nope....enough is when you find diminished returns....Just to give you an example, I presently have 19 (2 PE IV's, 1 PE III, 1 PE II, 12 PE (internal and external), and 1 super-Y (3 PE's in a Y configuration)) in my system and 10 scattered around the apartment (only 5 circuits available...1 bathroom, 2 per bedroom (total of 6...outlet and light), 3 kitchen).  I still have not found the point of diminished returns.

Another one or two PE IV's in your system would be an excellent choice.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #182 on: 9 Jan 2008, 09:00 am »
The PE III has a couple extras plus upgraded parts quality.

Huck

« Reply #183 on: 9 Jan 2008, 04:40 pm »
Hi: Just wondering if the PE(s) will get rid of a low frequency hum in the kitchen, coming from a new fridge and an older water cooler? Thanks, Huck

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #184 on: 9 Jan 2008, 05:46 pm »
What kind of hum...mechanical or electrical?  If it's electrical a isolation transformer is required.  If it's mechanical...ie. physical/audible noise that you hear when standing in the same room, then yes, the PE will help lower the mechanical noise (noise caused by vibration).

toes

« Reply #185 on: 11 Jan 2008, 08:31 am »
Let me say, right off the bat, the PE design represents the greatest "Bang For The Bucks" in audio history.  But I want to talk about audio nirvana for a minute.  The PE design has taken me half way there by filtering all the junk in my AC line, for which I am eternally grateful to Alan.  But there is something going on outside the domain of AC filtering that's holding back disbelief of a real live event.  I'm talking about Synergistic Research's Tesla Accelerator speaker cables.  Yes.  Yes. Yes.  I'm getting added midrange warmth, more organic harmonic richness and a relax highend extension with these cables, but I don't want to talk about that.  I'm talking about a cable that can suspend disbelief and teleport you to a live event, the likes of which I have never experienced, much less be able to describe in words.  It's also an exhilarating experience that in the end, leaves your body totally relaxed and restful.  The Power Enchancers and Synergistic work their magic hand in hand.  It's a match made in heaven.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #186 on: 11 Jan 2008, 11:55 am »
toes...the PE always sounded great with Synergistic designs.  I used to own A/C Master Couplers when they were the new guys on the block....the filter always made a great match.  The PE IV is also an exceptional match for your Tesla cables.

jmichael

« Reply #187 on: 11 Jan 2008, 08:50 pm »
Hey toes,,, maybe you'd like to take your minute and start your own thread about the Synergistic Research's Tesla Accelerator speaker cables, yes?  :o

Here's the circle for you, http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=99.0  I'm sure there's a lot of folks that would enjoy a review but this thread concerns Alan Maher's Power Enhancers, savvy? :D

Cheers,
Robin

:lol:  I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.  :rotflmao:

I ordered more PE's including 2 PE III's & a PE IV. I will report in about a month or so.

toes

« Reply #188 on: 12 Jan 2008, 06:18 am »
Hi Robin, my only intention here is to let any other Synergistic Tesla owners, who may read this thread, know that they have to get a hold of some of these Power Enhancers.  And also, the sum of the two is greater than each individual item alone.

toes

« Reply #189 on: 12 Jan 2008, 07:55 am »
Robin, I guess you're right.  I should be at the cable circle.  But let me just say one last thing, the Synergistic's Tesla is not like any other speaker cables, which only bring about marginal improvements.  The Synergistic's Tesla are the Power Enhancers equal, not as a competitor but as a partner, while working with different technologies.  Both have a profound equal effect.   

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
« Reply #190 on: 12 Jan 2008, 09:29 am »
Had my PE IV in since Monday and it has made an improvement. Subtle, but it's there in more clarity and air and brings me a wee spot closer to the music. I have listened to the same home ripped DVD-A every night and am pleased with the results.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #191 on: 12 Jan 2008, 03:46 pm »
Jim experiment with placement...subtle can become unbelievable pending placement.  The PE IV needs 21 days for a full break in.

mercman

« Reply #192 on: 12 Jan 2008, 04:57 pm »
Alan,

Do you still have PE IVs in stock?  I ordered 3 PEs last week, but am getting the urge to try a PE IV as well.

Steve

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #193 on: 12 Jan 2008, 06:32 pm »
Steve

All you guys cleaned me out last week, I have nothing in stock.  I have part orders on the way and we are currently taking pre-orders toward the next batch.  I highly advise for you to place a pre-order if your really want the filter at this time, we are having a hard time keeping things in stock for any length of time.  I'm basically a one man shop and I do these things in my spare time.  I travel a lot for work and I'm usually gone 3 to 8 weeks at a clip when I go on the road, so I try to get as many of these things made up that I can while I'm off.  Things should run smoothly until the middle of Feb, but I go into rehearsals with Gary Moore the third week of Feb in prep of a European tour in March.  As of now our pre-order policy is first come first serve.  I expect the next batch to start shipping the week of Jan 28 for those who are interested.

Just a note....during pre-order sales we usually sell out 85% to 90% of the filters before the parts arrive.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2008, 06:43 pm by alanmaher »

jmichael

« Reply #194 on: 12 Jan 2008, 07:10 pm »
Everyone should listen to what Alan is suggesting with pre-orders. I found out the hard way by asking several days worth of questioning through email & trying to make a decision about the Power Enhancer products, that I missed out on both stock on hand and delivery date.   :slap: 

If you want something, pre-order it now or be sorry!   :bawl:

These PE's are a must have in every system regardless of components.   :D

mercman

« Reply #195 on: 12 Jan 2008, 07:50 pm »
Order placed!

Thanks Alan

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #196 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:28 am »
Thank-you....

Forget I mentioned the PE III, the results you received outweight the addition of the PE III.  In a dry system the PE III is an excellent addition, but obviously your system in blooming all over the place, so I would forget the PE III.  I highly recommend that you pick up another one or two PE IV's to finish off the system.  Try placing a PE IV at the component end of your power cord....this opens up another can of beans for component tweaking.  It's one thing to place the filter at the wall on both sides of the transformer, but it's another thing to install the filter 1 foot from the power supply....really good stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Ziotek-Power-Liberator-Monitor-Supply/dp/B000BSLRUI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200215682&sr=1-8

« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2008, 09:46 am by alanmaher »

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #197 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:44 am »
Robin,

Out of curiosity, do you notice any improvement in your video sources with the PE IV compared to the PE / PE II combination?  I usually notice more color definition and inner detail...just curious if others also witness an improvement?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #198 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:42 am »
Sat, AM, all-  A few years back, there was a plug in line filter that got some good press available from Audio Prism called Quiet Line.  Anybody remember those?  If memory serves (and that's pretty iffy), I think they were about $25 a piece.  I bought four.  I confess that I couldn't discern an improvement so I retired them except I still have one plugged in to my TV/DVD/cable box power strip.  I'd like to know if anyone has done a direct comparison, why the power enhancer is superior or thought to be, and how this product works.  I would be using them in opposing outlets for self powered speakers.  And, perhaps, with my line stage/transport/DAC strip (also phono pre and TT).  Thank you.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #199 on: 15 Jan 2008, 11:38 am »
If I understand correct, based off the Magnan site, the Quiet Line is a simple .1uf across the load, the standard PE provides more than 30 times the parallel filtering compared to the Audio Prism offering, and we cover four different frequency bands.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think we offer the largest parallel circuit on the market at the $80 price tag.