Alan Maher's Power Enhancer

Big Red Machine

Re: Alan Maher's Power Enhancer
« Reply #140 on: 19 Dec 2007, 12:47 pm »
Is it recommended that a PE be on each component coming out of a power conditioner, for example, or can one be used on the input side of the multiple outlet conditoner and be effective?

Any benefit to using one on my projector in the HT?

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #141 on: 19 Dec 2007, 02:31 pm »
I have everything including my projector plugged into my BPT.  I have one PE plugged into the BPT and one on the dedicated outlet that the BPT is plugged into.  Alan recommended to me to plug a PE into every circuit that is on the same side of my breaker box as my dedicated circuit is.  I think I would need 8 more to accomplish this.

or

You can go hog wild like satfrat and plug them in everywhere possible :icon_lol:

jmichael

« Reply #142 on: 19 Dec 2007, 06:21 pm »
All I want to do is protect my audio/video gear. I don't plan on using all the outlets around the home so I'll just concentrate on the outlets around the audio/video. I have on order and are waiting for 2 PE's, then 1 PE II coming later. I plan on plugging one PE into a wall outlet and the other PE and PE II into the power centers. Right now, my audio gear is plugged into a PS Audio Quintet and the plasma television and cable box are plugged into an APC H10. The Quintet and APC are plugged into a PS Audio Duet which is then plugged into the wall outlet. I will post my findings/thoughts towards the middle of January 2008 once the devices settle in. From what I'm hearing on this Forum about these wonderful devices, I'm very excited.

PS> I just got done typing this and my mail carrier walked in with my first 2 PE's. What timing!!  :D

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #143 on: 19 Dec 2007, 06:32 pm »
All I want to do is protect my audio/video gear. I don't plan on using all the outlets around the home so I'll just concentrate on the outlets around the audio/video. I have on order and are waiting for 2 PE's, then 1 PE II coming later. I plan on plugging one PE into a wall outlet and the other PE and PE II into the power centers. Right now, my audio gear is plugged into a PS Audio Quintet and the plasma television and cable box are plugged into an APC H10. The Quintet and APC are plugged into a PS Audio Duet which is then plugged into the wall outlet. I will post my findings/thoughts towards the middle of January 2008 once the devices settle in. From what I'm hearing on this Forum about these wonderful devices, I'm very excited.

PS> I just got done typing this and my mail carrier walked in with my first 2 PE's. What timing!!  :D

Unless you know something I don't, the PE's will do nothing to protect your equipment.

jmichael

« Reply #144 on: 19 Dec 2007, 06:37 pm »
Unless you know something I don't, the PE's will do nothing to protect your equipment.

Alright, smarty pants!   :lol:

A good surge protector should (we know there's not too many true surge protectors out there) but I'm speaking with regard to what the Power Enhancer will do.

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #145 on: 19 Dec 2007, 09:09 pm »
Bill,

I suggest you try unplugging the PE's and replugging them in a few days so you can understand the full benefit for the audio.  I'm sure Alan informed you to plug the PE into the first outlet on the rear of the BPT.  You should have heard an immediate change in the sound quality within 10 to 15 minutes.  At first plug in the PE becomes very bright and emphases the high's and tightens the bass.  If you did not plug the PE into the right outlet then you might not hear the full benefit.  Play with the position to you find the best mix of sound.

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #146 on: 19 Dec 2007, 09:14 pm »
Big Red Machine,

It is not necessary to have a PE per outlet.  The PE provides duplex isolation if used per component duplex, but it's not necessary to hear the benefit of the filter.  Placing the PE before the system will allow the user to experience 70% of the benefit.  Isolating each component provides the other 30% of the benefit.

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #147 on: 20 Dec 2007, 07:59 am »
Bill,

I suggest you try unplugging the PE's and replugging them in a few days so you can understand the full benefit for the audio.  I'm sure Alan informed you to plug the PE into the first outlet on the rear of the BPT.  You should have heard an immediate change in the sound quality within 10 to 15 minutes.  At first plug in the PE becomes very bright and emphases the high's and tightens the bass.  If you did not plug the PE into the right outlet then you might not hear the full benefit.  Play with the position to you find the best mix of sound.

Jen,

OK which is the first outlet?  The power coming into the BPT is in the middle of of the unit I plugged the PE into the bottom of the first duplex to the right of where the power comes in.

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #148 on: 20 Dec 2007, 08:38 am »
Bill,

Without a picture I have no idea how the power conditioner is wired.  He did that so long ago that it's hard to tell.  I suggest you plug the PE into each outlet until you hear a bright sound.  It is possible that Alan stuck with the original BPT design and wired the outlets reversed.  BPT liked to wire one hot to outlet 1 and the other to outlet 5 and bridge the connections, if that is the case you will never hear a brighter balance, but you will still receive the benefit of the filter.  If the filter is properly placed you will see a huge bump up in video quality.  The picture will be brighter, sharper, and more dimensional with added inner detail.

carusoracer

« Reply #149 on: 20 Dec 2007, 12:44 pm »
That is one tricked out BPT :o

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
Merry Christmas
« Reply #150 on: 25 Dec 2007, 07:07 am »
Hopefully St. Nick brought some wonderful audiophile toys to one and all. Both Jen and I would like to wish everyone and their families a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday season.

Best Wishes,
Alan & Jen Maher

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #151 on: 25 Dec 2007, 04:38 pm »
It's good see everything is getting back to normal for you Alan.  Happy Holidays!

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #152 on: 25 Dec 2007, 08:35 pm »
Bill,

Thank-you.  I plan on mailing off your order on Friday...just to let you know.

jmichael

« Reply #153 on: 28 Dec 2007, 11:18 pm »
Hi Alan & Jen!

Please keep us updated on the availability status for the PE Series.

I for one, would like to order more soon.

These are the most incredible power upgrade that I have tried.   :D

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #154 on: 29 Dec 2007, 01:25 pm »
The PE is stocked and ready to go.  I will start taking 08' orders on Jan 3.

Update: The PE II is no longer offered. 

IronLion

« Reply #155 on: 29 Dec 2007, 03:20 pm »
What the deal with the PE III, and the soon-to-come PE IV?  Are they "better" than the standard PE in any way? 

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #156 on: 29 Dec 2007, 07:46 pm »
The deal is....the PE III is designed to be used with the PE in the circuit.  The PE, PE II, and PE III were designed to be used together.  The PE IV is the next step up in PE technology and can be used as a stand alone parallel power conditioner.  The PE can be used on the same circuit to enhance the performance of the PE IV, but it's not necessary.  Use the PE to filter/damp non-audio/video circuits.  The PE IV offers almost 3x the filtering of the standard PE and covers 4 additional frequency bands.

IronLion

« Reply #157 on: 29 Dec 2007, 07:53 pm »
Thanks Alan; when will the IV be available, and do you have a price for it yet? 

yo2tup

« Reply #158 on: 29 Dec 2007, 08:50 pm »
Why is the PEII no longer available?

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #159 on: 29 Dec 2007, 10:32 pm »
The PE II is and it isn't.  Lack of sales is the main reason why we are dropping the PE II.  The PE II is a fine filter and offers a very nice upgrade in performance, but it just did not take off the way we hoped to warrant us to continue investing in the parts.  It can still be special ordered at the same price, but it will be eliminated from our web site in the near future.  We have some very exciting new products coming out in the next few weeks so please stay tuned.