Alan Maher's Power Enhancer

brj

Re: Alan Maher's Power Enhancer
« Reply #120 on: 5 Dec 2007, 02:02 am »
Careful now, everyone... hands off the emoticons...

toes

« Reply #121 on: 5 Dec 2007, 03:51 am »
Alan/Jen, don't pay any attention to the naysayers.  My audio buddy, Mike, and I agreed, my two Power Enhancers had a much larger effect on the sound quality of my stereo system, for the better than did my Shunyata Hydra 8.
Can you comment on the Power Enhancer IV, is this a real improvement over the $80 Power Enhancer or is it like the Power Enhancer II and III which changes the flavor of the audio system?  How much is the PE IV?

JenMaher

• Alan Maher Designs
    • Alan Maher Designs
« Reply #122 on: 5 Dec 2007, 05:01 am »
The PE IV is the next step up in our plug-in series.  It can be used with or without the PE in the circuit.  We started taking pre-orders Dec 1.  The price is $235.

brj

« Reply #123 on: 5 Dec 2007, 09:33 am »
Quote from: satfrat
Just goes to show Brian that not all Art has class.  8)  Now back to the product review that this thread is suppose to be all about.  :roll:

Since your above comment revives the issue again, I'll add a comment of my own...

I don't think anyone is going to call Pat's posting style warm and fuzzy, but I don't think his point is entirely out of line, and he doesn't criticize the product itself, its ability to perform its stated function, or anyone's subjective opinion.  He commented on the clarity of the engineering theory offered to explain how the unit functions, and frankly, he has far more appropriate credentials to do so than I, at the very least.  In my own view, I don't consider the questioning of such explanations inappropriate, provided that one doesn't resort to personal comments or attacks.  This isn't The Lab, and neither TheChairlessGuy nor I are inclined to police the technical content of reviews or discussions posted here, but if technical content is posted, it is free to be discussed further - respectfully.

Pat, to my knowledge, you don't directly compete with Alan Mahler Designs in that you don't manufacture any power conditioning products, but as an "industry participant", please be a bit cautious.  Thanks!

jmichael

« Reply #124 on: 6 Dec 2007, 12:15 am »
Hello all!

I just joined today after spending the last few days reading about the PE. Currently, I'm using PS Audio power products in my system. I ordered the last two Power Enhancers from Jen yesterday and I'm excited to try them in my system.

Just on Alan's Website and it appears that he has suffered a stroke. I sure hope that he's alright and God speed his recovery!

Jeffrey Michael
Bellevue WA USA

denjo

« Reply #125 on: 6 Dec 2007, 12:42 am »
I am deeply saddened and wish him a speedy recovery! Jen informed me in an earlier email that Alan was covering a road tour with Bruce Springstein!

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
« Reply #126 on: 6 Dec 2007, 06:56 am »
Get well soon, Alan. You have my best wishes and hopes for a swift recovery.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #127 on: 9 Dec 2007, 03:17 am »
Just to update on Alan Maher's condition, the stroke was a mild one (thank God) and he's suffered no damage. Jen says he should be out of the hospital in a few days if his good progress continues. There's a full update from Jen @ alanmaherdesigns.com and even tho there will be delays,, all orders will be filled.

I'm glad Jen took the time to update their site. It's a load off my mind that the best case scenario came to be and it was only a minor stoke w/minimal damage,,,, a warning sign for Alan  to hopefully slow down & listen to the music.  :D

Thanks Jen, I'm happy for the 2 of you.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Link..... http://alanmaherdesigns.com/default.aspx

Good luck to Alan....get well soon. :thumb:

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
« Reply #128 on: 9 Dec 2007, 07:00 am »
Now that's *great* news!  :D

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #129 on: 11 Dec 2007, 12:02 am »
hello, i have a pe on order and already know which outlet in my room that will benefit the most.  has anyone used other noise devices in conjunction with the pe?  i was thinking abut some audioprism quietline filters @$34.99 ea. to go along with the pe.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #130 on: 14 Dec 2007, 01:28 pm »
Hello gents,

I just wanted to say that I was very touched by the amount of emails received and the comments mentioned on AC.  I had a chance this morning to read a good portion of them and I just wanted to express a sincere thank-you. 

I'm going to take the next couple of weeks off to take it easy, I actually planned to take Jen and Keri down to Rome for the holidays, but that got squashed, so I'll be home if anyone needs me.

Without sounding too mushy, it is an audio forum, I just wanted to say thank you, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and see you all in 08'.

Kindest regards,
Alan Maher

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #131 on: 14 Dec 2007, 01:31 pm »
Marvda1

Do not combine the PE with AP filters.  AP uses single value filter caps and it will cause an overlap at certain frequencies.

95bcwh

« Reply #132 on: 14 Dec 2007, 02:56 pm »
Alan,
  It's good to see you back!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
barry

yo2tup

« Reply #133 on: 14 Dec 2007, 05:12 pm »
Yes, its great to see you back!

Marvda1

Do not combine the PE with AP filters.  AP uses single value filter caps and it will cause an overlap at certain frequencies.

What about using AP filters in different circuits as the PE's?

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #134 on: 14 Dec 2007, 07:14 pm »
I would still advise against it if we are talking about the same phase as the PE.

jmichael

« Reply #135 on: 15 Dec 2007, 12:05 am »

As for the 5 PE's in the back of my BPT, my system has definitely been taken to the next level. I no longer experience listening fatigue and have regularly been listening at levels 8-10db higher than I use to.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!   :lol:

Alan,

Nice to hear your alright!

Welcome back!

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #136 on: 15 Dec 2007, 10:39 pm »
Robin

How many do you have installed?  Can I assume you already treated the other circuits on the same phase?  If you have, you might want to consider moving up to our power cord line.  All the cables offer the next level of system tuning via our PRT technology.  The cords fill in the holes where the filters leave off.  The new magnetic filtered power strips that I was working on a couple months back would be another interesting suggestion for your set up.  I use them on the plasma and the HTPC and saw a good 60% improvement in the built in video scaler (increased speed and smooth pans, increased depth, detail, and color saturation). and the HTPC applications (faster load times and increased speeds for web surfing).  The strips aren't ready yet, but the performance looks very promising.

alanmaher

• Alan Maher designs
    • Alan Maher designs
« Reply #137 on: 16 Dec 2007, 03:25 pm »
Our Ref series would be an excellent choice for your conditioner and component selection.

jmichael

« Reply #138 on: 18 Dec 2007, 12:29 am »
I been purchasing the PS Audio Power Punch cords as of late. They're reasonably priced and a good solid 12 guage RFI/EMI rejecting cord. I can't see spending buco bucks on power cords since I don't have too much current draw other than my 42" Plasma. Living in an apartment, I keep the sound to a minimum unless I know my neighbor isn't home.  :D

My system:

(1) 42" Panasonic Plasma Television
(4) Trends Audio TA 10.1 Class T amps for 7.1 surround sound
(1) Sunfire Subwoofer MKII
(12) Orb Audio Speakers and counting
(1) Oppo Digital DV-980H Universal Disc Player
(1) APC H10 Power Conditioner
(1) PS Audio Duet
(1) PS Audio Quintet
(2) Harvesters (soon to be retired)
(12) AudioPrism QuietLine Filters (retired)
Harmonic Technology Interconnects & Anthony Gallo Solid Core Speaker Wire
ERS Paper, Highwire Power Wraps, PS Audio & Transparent Audio Power Cords

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #139 on: 19 Dec 2007, 08:45 am »
Well after 2 weeks in my system I finally noticed a significant improvement in my video both on my Sony 60A3000 and my Sony Pearl Projector.  I have not noticed anything with my audio, of course I added these shortly after I hooked up my new Salk HT3's.  I bought 2 PE's, one in my dedicated outlet along with my BPT which Alan modified and one PE in the BPT.