RMAF 12-14th October Denver CO

AKSA

RMAF 12-14th October Denver CO
« on: 8 Sep 2007, 12:03 pm »
GET READY!!  Upcoming RMAF 12-14 Oct Denver CO
Folks,

This sticky will inform all forum members of the upcoming major AudioFest in Denver mid-October, and let you know what Aspen will be doing alongside Ellis Audio - my amps, with David's speakers.

I will have a 100W/8R Soraya CB105 Power Amplifier there, along with my new Squeezebox Power Supply.  I hope also to have a SBIII and laptop as music server with a suitable selection of audio for all to audition.

There will be brochures, beautiful 1801b speakers to listen to, and David, Hugh and Martin - who is a close friend and hails from Melbourne Australia also.  Martin is a professional MC, originally a Londoner, and loves people, so you will have a variety of accents in suits to chat with!!   :lol:

This will be my first AudioFest stateside and I hope that I can meet lots of my old and new customers,  and make contact with others in the audio profession.  I REALLY look forward to it, and will announce my plans here in coming days until departure in a month's time.

An exciting time for Aspen!   :D

Cheers,

Hugh
« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2007, 09:59 pm by AKSA »

PeteG

Re: RMAF 12-14th October Denver CO
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2007, 12:54 pm »
Hugh,

Great news, will definitely stop by for a listen.

Pete

stvnharr

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2007, 01:35 pm »
Better recheck your dates as I believe the show is Friday October 12 to Sunday October 14.

95bcwh

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2007, 04:54 pm »
Hugh,
  What about your preamp?? :drool:

Rgds
barry

AKSA

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2007, 01:49 am »
Barry,

Not yet sure about the preamp, may not bring it - HEAVY!!

Depends on what David would like to bring, we are mixing 'n matching.

Chris,

Not sure of room number yet, will post here when known.

Accent?   What accent?  Don't you guys have the accents?  I'm confoosed....... :duh:

Hugh
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2007, 11:03 am by AKSA »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2007, 01:56 am »
Hello Hugh....

Do you now know which room you will be in at the show ?

Looking forward to your visit...

and hearing your new Soraya... and your accent....:lol:

Chris

(ps....Hugh, you should also correct the date on the subject line...Oct. 12 - 14) :thumb:

stvnharr

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2007, 04:42 am »

What about your preamp?? :drool:

It would be a real pity if the only current Aspen retail product, the Swift preamplifier, was not available for audition at the Show.

AKSA

« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2007, 08:46 am »
Yes, Steve,

A pity indeed, but such are the logistics.

You are well, returning to Oz in December?

Hugh

Felipe

« Reply #8 on: 9 Sep 2007, 04:39 pm »
Damn i can't spend a few bucks on a US trip for now......but will !
Lucky you that are going !

Hope the AKSA amp rocks !

AKSA

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2007, 12:37 am »
Thanks Felipe,

I'll be unveiling the new power amp at Denver, and am hoping to return to Oz with a few orders - that would be nice......

Your little silver mica cap has been in the post some time now, I hope you receive it this week, and be assured it fixes the issues we discussed very nicely!

Cheers,

Hugh

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #10 on: 3 Oct 2007, 11:53 pm »
Hugh,

Do you know if you will you be able to logon during the show and provide us with some sort of blog on what is happening and who you have met during the show.  I for one would be most interested, particularly the reactions to your wonderful amp.  Davids speakers and anything else you come across and care to comment on would be fascinating as well. :D

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2007, 02:38 am »
Hi Lyn,

Maybe!  A good friend has offered to lend me his Sony Vaio, but the mains power supply is not suitable for 115Vac.  Does anyone here know if it would be easy to buy one in downtown Denver?  If yes, then I will take it along and should have coms with the forum.  We'll see.......

Cheers,

Hugh

fajimr

« Reply #12 on: 5 Oct 2007, 01:46 am »
hugh

are you sure about that- most laptop power supplies do fine with both 110 and 220V- you just need the right plug adapter.  Of course, you'll want to check on the power supply- it should say it.  My dell says 100-240V. 

Wish I were going... its been a hectic summer and I am now just getting to finishing up my GK-1... can't wait.

jim

stvnharr

« Reply #13 on: 5 Oct 2007, 01:59 am »
Hugh,
I second what Jim has said.  Most all laptops are 100-240v compatible.  I just looked one up on the Sony website, and it's 100-240v compatible. The ac power adaptor will have it printed on it, so best look at the one with the computer, to be sure.
You'll need a plug adaptor however.  Didn't Alessandra get one at Radio Shack last year?  Seems that we looked it up for her on the net and gave her the part number.

Steve

Wayne1

« Reply #14 on: 5 Oct 2007, 10:32 am »
Hugh,

Not far from the hotel is a CompUSA. They should have what you need.

If all you need is a 120 VAC to 240 VAC step up transformer, I have one I would be pleased to loan you.

Just get in touch with me when you arrive in Denver.

Cheers,
Wayne

AKSA

« Reply #15 on: 5 Oct 2007, 10:40 am »
Thanks Guys!!

I've just received word from Russ, owner of the Vaio, that the ps is suitable for 100-240Vac, so absolutely no problem!

Wayne,

Thank you for your very kind offer.  I really look forward to meeting you, along with other respected figures in the industry.....  should be quite a hoot!

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #16 on: 5 Oct 2007, 10:41 am »
Steve,

I really look forward to sharing a coffee with you at Denver, I promise not to ask for a 'flat white', and Jim, I'm very sorry you won't be there.  However, I realise it's a long way, and who knows, I might one day do Montreal!

Cheers,

Hugh

andyr

« Reply #17 on: 5 Oct 2007, 12:27 pm »
Steve,

I really look forward to sharing a coffee with you at Denver, I promise not to ask for a 'flat white', and Jim, I'm very sorry you won't be there.  However, I realise it's a long way, and who knows, I might one day do Montreal!

Cheers,

Hugh

Speaking of "flat whites" ... although you may not think this, Hugh, Vicki is a diffident soul and a few years ago at a family dinner at some fancy Crown restaurant, she said to the waiter when he asked her (during pre-dinner drinks) what she'd like ... "a flat white, please".  :-)  (Her sisters were having champagne ... whoops, sorry!  "Sparkling white"!!  :lol: )

So the dumbass disappeared and came back a few minutes later with a cup of white coffee!   :icon_lol:

Regards,

Andy

stvnharr

« Reply #18 on: 6 Oct 2007, 01:47 am »
Steve,

I really look forward to sharing a coffee with you at Denver, I promise not to ask for a flat white
Cheers,

Hugh

Maybe you'd best go visit, or at least look, one of your local Starbucks, just to familiarize yourself with the longish menu, which is what you get at most places here.  That's why I usually just order cappaccino, as it seems to be the same in all languages and menus.
See you Saturday the 13th.

Jens

« Reply #19 on: 6 Oct 2007, 07:44 am »
Hugh, I can vouch for the quality of the Starbucks lattes - I've tried them more or less all around the world, very consistent quality.

And even at Starbucks, a latte is still a latte - you just need to decide about size  :lol: