Timepiece Mini 1st Production Run Status

mcullinan

Re: Timepiece Mini 1st Production Run Status
« Reply #80 on: 16 Nov 2007, 06:32 pm »
Just curious did anyone receive their minis yet? I am curious as to what they sound like.
Mike

bbchem

« Reply #81 on: 16 Nov 2007, 08:36 pm »
 :roll:  Bob did say he was shipping a pair on the 8th, which was more than a week ago?? I thought the others would follow this week? I would assume the first person has recieved them?? :o

kenk

« Reply #82 on: 16 Nov 2007, 09:01 pm »
:roll:  Bob did say he was shipping a pair on the 8th, which was more than a week ago?? I thought the others would follow this week? I would assume the first person has recieved them?? :o

I guess I won't be getting a pair before Turkey day  :cry:  I was hoping to show this off to my friends and family members during dinner. :( :( :(

groovybassist

« Reply #83 on: 17 Nov 2007, 02:36 am »
I'm bummed too.  When I ordered, Bob indicated I was second in line for a cherry pair, but a recent e-mail from him indicated they'd contact me before they ship.  I haven't been contacted about shipping yet, so as of now, it looks like I won't have any toys to play with during the holiday either. :cry:

I'm wondering if any have shipped yet or if we've run into another glitch.  I'm trying to be patient, but with everything you read about how great his products are, it's getting increasingly difficult to wait!

-Mike

Double Ugly

« Reply #84 on: 17 Nov 2007, 02:52 am »
I know it's tough waiting, guys, and though I haven't heard the Minis, I'm confident you'll find they're worth the wait.

In fact, if the history groovybassist alluded to is any indicator, it's a given.

It's no solace, I know, but at least you aren't waiting for Revelations... like me.  :o

werner52

« Reply #85 on: 26 Nov 2007, 02:32 am »
Do I hear a sleigh bell ringing Bob?  How are the odds for before Christmas delivery? 

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #86 on: 26 Nov 2007, 03:23 am »

If any of you folks waiting for the mini's decide to sell for whatever reason, let me know, as I know someone who would be interested in them.  Perhaps you are on the list but something else has come up financially and would like an easy out, well let me know. :wink:

Rocket_Ronny

Nick B

« Reply #87 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:31 am »
If the minis are anything like my 2.1's, you guys will love 'em! It took a long time to get mine, but it was worth it. Hope some guys will be very happy for Christmas  :thumb:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #88 on: 26 Nov 2007, 03:56 pm »
Friends,

Well...we had a couple of other little "snags" last week that slowed things down, but we managed to get another pair out.  We also managed to get a bunch of "prep" work done too.  Got some boxes/shipping materials made, wires made (you know they're not "ordinary" internal wires - right?) and crossovers ready to "drop in."  Now it's "plug and chug."  I can say this much, many of you will definitely be getting them before Christmas - all of the "early" guys anyway.

Oh...just so you know - I didn't mean to mislead anybody on those first cherry units.  They went to the first 2 guys that ordered and neither of them are AC members or even get on the Internet.  The first guy had been waiting since June and was the one that "inspired" me to build the Minis in the first place, and the other is an older gentleman that is a "friend of a friend" and lives in our area.  I only made mention of them to show that "hey...we are starting to actually build them."  That may not have been a lot of consolation to you AC members, but I figured it was better than saying "nope - still haven't started shipping yet."  At least you knew we were finally entering that phase.  Sorry...looking back maybe it wasn't such a good idea. :duh:

Anyway, the only future bottleneck I see on the horizon is getting more crossover parts from Mundorf.  We made so little money on the first batch that it didn't leave us anything to order more parts with when we should have.  I have enough in stock to do a number of orders but I'm going to run out.  Hopefully the "slow boat from Germany" doesn't hold up our new order too long.  I don't think it will though as now we have a "relationship" established with Mundorf and know what parts they can and can't deliver quickly.  Specifically, their "top end" silver-gold caps and wire is stuff they don't keep much stock of and often have to build to order.  Sorry...no silver-gold in the Minis at this price, but at least we don't have to wait either.

In retrospect, I think the low profit margin/low introductory price backfired on us.  The idea was to use it as a form of advertising.  Time will tell if that was a good move or not.  I think it will have been in the long run but it has been a serious source of the delays.  We didn't have enough $$$ to order any more parts from our enclosure part vendor than we absolutely needed.  I think they viewed our order as "small potatoes" and sort of worked on it at their "convenience." 

That's the kind of crap us small manufacturers have to put up with.  Unless you order a "gazillion" parts from a lot of these vendors, they act like they're "doing you a favor" just to take your order.  In fact, a lot of them won't if you don't have pretty big numbers for them.  Then the ones that do often treat you like a "red headed step-child." :cuss:  I think if we would have been able to order more parts they would have been a little more "attentive" to our needs. 

Oh well... what's done is done.  For those of you that have been able to "hang in there with us" we sincerely thank you for your patience.  We're pretty sure you're going to agree that the wait was well worth it.  Had I thought they were going to turn out this good I wouldn't have sold them so cheap.  If there are any of you that are tired of waiting and want to "throw in the towel" - believe me, I understand.  You don't even want to know what it's been like on my end.  The only positive thing is that I don't have as many gray hairs left... I've pulled most of them out! :banghead:

So that's the scoop.  We're moving as fast as 2.5 guys can.  They're going out now as I speak.

Take care,
-Bob

Christof

« Reply #89 on: 30 Nov 2007, 09:34 pm »
I was at Bob's shop yesterday for a brief visit and spotted a proud array of the elusive TP Mini's wearing Black Walnut baffles  :o   You folks waiting on Mini's are in for a treat!!!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #90 on: 1 Dec 2007, 05:19 am »
I was at Bob's shop yesterday for a brief visit and spotted a proud array of the elusive TP Mini's wearing Black Walnut baffles  :o   You folks waiting on Mini's are in for a treat!!!

Great.....thanks Christof... :hyper:
I have an order in for a walnut pair.... 8)

RodMCV

« Reply #91 on: 1 Dec 2007, 05:12 pm »
:wink:Thanks Chris,

Many are dreaming and waiting, and I know Bob is up to here with
 feverish work to get these out without any more hangups. 

I appreciate your help too.
Good luck with your future plans
!
Rod

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #92 on: 3 Dec 2007, 11:40 pm »
Timepiece Mini's are in the house. :hyper: :dance: :banana piano: :drums:

Lin :green:

phoenix_rising

« Reply #93 on: 4 Dec 2007, 10:26 am »
Timepiece Mini's are in the house. :hyper: :dance: :banana piano: :drums:

Lin :green:

Cool, does that mean we will see a review soon ?

Please  :drool:

IronLion

« Reply #94 on: 8 Dec 2007, 02:52 am »
Any updates on those Mini's opnly bafld?  How do they sound?

mcullinan

« Reply #95 on: 8 Dec 2007, 04:20 am »
Dont hog the love! Let us know.
Mike