Timepiece Mini 1st Production Run Status

topround

Re: Timepiece Mini 1st Production Run Status
« Reply #60 on: 31 Oct 2007, 11:48 pm »
Get ready people, it's coming :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :drool: :dance: :banana piano: :drums:

Get ready to dance, and be moved and excited, that is what these speakers do to you, at least to me!

mcullinan

« Reply #61 on: 31 Oct 2007, 11:50 pm »
Get ready people, it's coming :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :drool: :dance: :banana piano: :drums:

Get ready to dance, and be moved and excited, that is what these speakers do to you, at least to me!

Are your pants down too? Sorry that sounds a bit twisted.
mike

topround

« Reply #62 on: 31 Oct 2007, 11:56 pm »
no i take them down for another website

:lol:

kenk

« Reply #63 on: 1 Nov 2007, 12:41 am »
no i take them down for another website

:lol:

please provide link :lol: aa

Double Ugly

« Reply #64 on: 1 Nov 2007, 01:30 am »
Welcome, Brian!  :thumb:

I totally agree with Double Ugly. Once you hear these speakers there is no turning back.

Cool... that makes you and (occasionally) my wife who agree with me!  :lol:

Seriously though, I felt the same way the first time I heard SP Techs driven with proper supporting electronics.

I heard the Continuum's at an audio show in Denmark in 2005. I entered the room and immediately I heard that this was special. The sound was just so right, exactly what I have tried to obtain all these years.
This experience to hear the sound that until now only had existed in my mind blew me away.

Yep, that sounds familiar.  :D

He was so kind to play on his fantastic sounding system including SP Revelation.
This was even better. Some weeks later I went back and listened for five hours and that was it. I had to own speakers like that. Now I am waiting for a pair of Revelations with top Mundorf external x-overs.

Well, he wasn't that kind.  He did get a sale out of the 5-hour listening session after all.  :lol:

Just kidding Karsten!  :wink:

I'm also awaiting a pair of Revelations with the works, Brian.  I wish I had a better room for them (mine is small and cramped; the family room), but they're too good for me to ignore any longer.  I love my Timepieces, but once you've heard the Revs, it's awfully tough to settle for less!

What amp(s) do you plan to use with them?

From here on consider me as one more SP Tech ambassador.

And a final welcome (and congratulations) on your acceptance into the SP Technology Ambassador Club (SP Tech ownership usually required :wink: ).  You'll find our numbers are still relatively small, but we're still hoping for world domination.  :D

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts, Brian.  I hope you'll stick around and continue to contribute when able.

-Jim

groovybassist

« Reply #65 on: 1 Nov 2007, 04:34 am »
Bob:  You're killing me here - I think one of those sets is mine!  :drool:

-Mike

phoenix_rising

« Reply #66 on: 1 Nov 2007, 09:38 am »
Hi Double,

I have not heard the Rev's yet but the next time I am in the US I am going to try and stop by to have a listen. Was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago but had to go back to Australia urgently then New Zealand again, I do not travel well so I try not to do it too much.

I love both music and movies, trying to get a speaker to do both well is very very difficult. When I saw the waveguides on the TimePieces I was very interested as I had been following Dr Geddes work on WaveGuides. I read the reviews of everyone that had a pair and came to the conclusion it must be a very good waveguide. Since I have just come off being defrauded and lost everything I was not exactly flush so when I saw the special on the TimePieces I just could not resist buying five of them for a small theater. When I get enough money together I will buy the biggest, baddest speaker Bob has with the best Waveguide. I like my music dynamic with true bass, that is why I could not resist the waveguides, they are both seamless and dynamic at the same time.

I am a trusting soul and I am buying mine having never heard one. I have heard transmission line bass though and it is much better than ported bass which is very loose, it is not as tight as sealed though or IB, though Bob has said his transmission line is superior to most others so I will be very interested to hear the hybrid version.

If you are interested in IB take a look at the Cult of the Infinitely Baffled.
http://ibsubwoofers.proboards51.com/

If you have a home and your room has a ceiling, it is by far the best bang for buck bass you will ever get. That coupled with your timepieces should be mind blowing.

I hope Bob makes a set of 5 minis and an infrawave sub available permanently to reviewers which want to review them, that is something that should be very high on his list until he gets at least 2-3 reviews in decent magazines. I will email a couple of them asking if they will review them.

cheers
Phoenix

BRIAN DK

« Reply #67 on: 1 Nov 2007, 11:03 am »
Hi Double Ugly,

Thanks for the kind words, ownership is only a mater of time.  :wink:

Regarding poweramps for now I am using Acoustic Reality Ear 1001 Icepower monos. In time I plan to switch to NuForce Ref 9.02 SE or maybe Spectron Musician III. I like too compare both in an AB test first if possible. Plenty of clean power is a must for me, dynamics must not be compressed and I like to feel the music as well. 

My room is not that big either, but nothing less than Revelation can do it for me. Full frequency response and open dynamic sound with impact, is the ticket to foot tapping music experiences.  aa

Best Regards,
Brian

bbchem

« Reply #68 on: 1 Nov 2007, 12:36 pm »
 :o  Bob , since were all waiting with pins and needles, chomping at the bit, baited breadth etc; etc;, can you give us a list of the order and appprox time for delivery of the Minis??    :roll:

Thanks, Bill

Double Ugly

« Reply #69 on: 1 Nov 2007, 03:08 pm »
Hi Phoenix,

I have not heard the Rev's yet but the next time I am in the US I am going to try and stop by to have a listen. Was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago but had to go back to Australia urgently then New Zealand again, I do not travel well so I try not to do it too much.

I understand better than I'd like.  Due to a myriad of health issues, traveling is something I do only when forced, or when I want to do something too badly to refrain (ref. the RMAF).

It's really too bad you couldn't attend the RMAF, or at a minimum the listening session at Steve's.  As I'm sure you've read by now, an amazing time was had by all, and the Revelations strutted their stuff like never before.  The new crossovers - even the 'standard' version - is a surprisingly large step up from the former iteration.

I love both music and movies, trying to get a speaker to do both well is very very difficult. When I saw the waveguides on the TimePieces I was very interested as I had been following Dr Geddes work on WaveGuides. I read the reviews of everyone that had a pair and came to the conclusion it must be a very good waveguide. Since I have just come off being defrauded and lost everything I was not exactly flush so when I saw the special on the TimePieces I just could not resist buying five of them for a small theater. When I get enough money together I will buy the biggest, baddest speaker Bob has with the best Waveguide. I like my music dynamic with true bass, that is why I could not resist the waveguides, they are both seamless and dynamic at the same time.

I'm sorry to learn of the financial issues with which you've had to deal.  I've never been defrauded to that degree, but I have been the victim of identity theft twice, a fiscal and legal maze I hope to never be forced to to stumble and bumble through again.  :(

On a brighter note, given you haven't heard a pair of Bob's speakers, you must be almost as anxious for ted_b to receive his 5.1 SP Technology system as he!  :lol:

Based on his reaction in Denver, I think he's gonna be a happy man.  :wink:

As for the biggest and baddest, it definitely sounds as though the 10" woofer version will fit the bill.  Being intimately familiar with the bass a single 8-inch woofer per side is capable of producing in one of Bob's designs, I can't imagine the output of a pair of Revelations with two 10-inchers per side... wow.  :o

I am a trusting soul and I am buying mine having never heard one. I have heard transmission line bass though and it is much better than ported bass which is very loose, it is not as tight as sealed though or IB, though Bob has said his transmission line is superior to most others so I will be very interested to hear the hybrid version.

If you are interested in IB take a look at the Cult of the Infinitely Baffled.
http://ibsubwoofers.proboards51.com/

If you have a home and your room has a ceiling, it is by far the best bang for buck bass you will ever get. That coupled with your timepieces should be mind blowing.

I've read about IBs, and though they look interesting and I'm sure sound fabulous, I don't care to have more than I know is available from the Revelations, especially if an Infra-Wave sub or two is added to the equation.  YMMV, but if after hearing them you believe the bass is in any way loose, you'd be the first to my knowledge.

The full orchestral pieces, some of the electronica and (of course) the pipe organ music we played in Denver was chock-full of deep bass notes, and the gentle 12dB/octave roll-off of the T-line left little to the imagination IMHO.  Adding an Infra-Wave or two to share the load would've been just sick IMHO, and I mean that in the best possible way!  :thumb:

I hope Bob makes a set of 5 minis and an infrawave sub available permanently to reviewers which want to review them, that is something that should be very high on his list until he gets at least 2-3 reviews in decent magazines. I will email a couple of them asking if they will review them.

That's a brilliant idea.  I don't know if or when he'll find the time to do so, but it'd definitely be in his best interest.
« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2007, 03:20 pm by Double Ugly »

Double Ugly

« Reply #70 on: 1 Nov 2007, 03:17 pm »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the kind words, ownership is only a mater of time.  :wink:

You're welcome!  :thumb:

Regarding poweramps for now I am using Acoustic Reality Ear 1001 Icepower monos. In time I plan to switch to NuForce Ref 9.02 SE or maybe Spectron Musician III. I like too compare both in an AB test first if possible. Plenty of clean power is a must for me, dynamics must not be compressed and I like to feel the music as well. 

I haven't heard the V2 SE, but the Spectron Musician III Signature Edition is currently on my most wanted list.  IMHO, it was masterful with the Revelations in Denver, and I'm keen to find out how it'll drive the Timepieces I already own.

It isn't cheap, but it's worth the price of admission to these ears.  Even so, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to Karsten's NuForce amps.

My room is not that big either, but nothing less than Revelation can do it for me. Full frequency response and open dynamic sound with impact, is the ticket to foot tapping music experiences.  aa

Yeah, like I said, I've waited long enough.  My plan was to move, or at least build another home with a room more suited to my audio and video endeavors, but I'm tired of waiting.  The Denver get-together pushed me over the edge, and as soon as I'm able to pick the wood I want, Bob will finish the cabinets he's had built for months.  :lol:

Take care,

-Jim

mcullinan

« Reply #71 on: 1 Nov 2007, 03:23 pm »
The Nuforce Rock... but do need a tube pre...

Also Bob... Please post more pics, I like seeing the process.
Mike

groovybassist

« Reply #72 on: 6 Nov 2007, 08:49 pm »
Bob:  Have any of the Mini's shipped yet?  The anticipation is killing me!  Thanks.

-Mike

kenk

« Reply #73 on: 8 Nov 2007, 05:43 am »
Bob:  Have any of the Mini's shipped yet?  The anticipation is killing me!  Thanks.

-Mike
Any updates from anyone will be greatly appreciated, just can't wait any longer :wink:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #74 on: 8 Nov 2007, 05:48 am »

-Mike
Any updates from anyone will be greatly appreciated, just can't wait any longer :wink:

Patience is a virtue....but from the photo's....looks like soon. :thumb:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #75 on: 8 Nov 2007, 07:57 pm »
Guys,

We're shipping the first Cherry pairs as I write.  We had a bit of a delay due to my guy Steve taking off work a couple of days for personal business.  He's the guy I've delegated Mini completion/final assembly/shipping to. 

The enclosures are being built at the far end of the shop, but will then pile up on the final assembly end if there's no one to do that job.  We're so close now that if one little thing goes wrong or someone misses work (Steve), then that puts a big dent in the schedule. 

Hang tight...we're talking days now - not weeks.  As a matter of fact, our parts vendor will be delivering all of the remaining parts for the last batch by tomorrow.  We're going to be swamped with parts and finished enclosures waiting to be stuffed with drivers and crossovers and then packed.  The previous pictures I posted were all of parts that we made here in-house ourselves and are being assembled as I write.

The upshot is that we're going to have this big "pile" of enclosures waiting for final assembly and packing.  Fortunately that doesn't take that long per unit, so once Steve gets "on the ball" (I'm still training him on certain aspects), they'll be flying out the door - one pair after the other.  In a sense, you've all been waiting together up until now, then soon you'll be getting them almost as a "group" together...if that makes any sense.

On a certain level, that's not really all that good for SP Tech either.  Once you get them you'll all be sharing your comments on line pretty much at the same time.  That means there will be a big "flurry" of activity all at once and then it will all die out pretty much at the same time too.  It would be better for us if the comments were spaced out over a longer stretch of time so that something new about SP Tech was on the forum all the time.  But...that's the way it goes.  We have to get them shipped as fast as we can and move on to other work that's waiting.  The main thing is that we don't make anybody wait any longer than they absolutely have to.

So...for what it's worth...that's the scoop.

-Bob

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #76 on: 9 Nov 2007, 03:30 pm »
Bob....

On a certain level, that's not really all that good for SP Tech either.  Once you get them you'll all be sharing your comments on line pretty much at the same time.  That means there will be a big "flurry" of activity all at once and then it will all die out pretty much at the same time too.  It would be better for us if the comments were spaced out over a longer stretch of time so that something new about SP Tech was on the forum all the time.  But...that's the way it goes.

I know how you can double and triple the comments..... :wink:

Once the new owner has had them awhile...he can "loan" them to a friend for a listen...and the friend can posts his comments as well. :beer:

Thanks for the update Bob...... :thumb:

Chris

RodMCV

« Reply #77 on: 9 Nov 2007, 10:59 pm »
Thats a great Idea Lonewolfy

or is it happy turkey?

Rod

mjosef

« Reply #78 on: 9 Nov 2007, 11:30 pm »
Once the new owner has had them awhile...he can "loan" them to a friend for a listen

Excellent idea...now when can I borrow yours?  :lol:
And can I keep them for about 2years...

bbchem

« Reply #79 on: 10 Nov 2007, 02:13 am »
 :lol: I would be happy to give multiple reviews over a spread out time period hopefully bestowing the Virtues and continuous improvement of the Minis so the thread stays alive for a long time!!!  :icon_lol:

:thumb: