I got reviewed!

Dracule1

• Volunteer
Re: I got reviewed!
« Reply #20 on: 14 Sep 2007, 03:44 am »
Hi John, I enjoyed the Stereomojo review of the Silkworms.  That site is one of few honest sites out there.  Could your wires be used to rewire my speakers?  BTW, are you planning to make speaker cables also?

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #21 on: 14 Sep 2007, 05:42 pm »
Hi Dracule1,
I'm glad you enjoyed reading the review, I thought it was pretty cool but it's very possible I could be biased! :wink:

Man, you're not the first to ask about rewiring speakers(and preamps, cdp's etc) with my wire. It could easily be done but it could and most probably would be expensive...but not ungodly so. It does take some skill to solder pure gold though, it will melt with the heat from a normal soldering gun(I'm sure someone will soon quote me the melting point of gold, I know it but believe me, it will melt). I am currently working on speaker cables and the prototypes sound great, I just have been so darn busy with interconnects that they have been put on the side burner several times. Thanks for your interest and any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
John

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 17 Sep 2007, 05:43 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I would be interested in knowing the cost of your wires for DIY type projects  aa.  I think the reason why your gold wire melts below its melting point may be due to the gold mixing with the metals in the solder creating an amalgam - you may be noticing the melting point of the gold amalgam rather than gold itself.  Just my hand waving theory :banana piano:.