I got reviewed!

KCI-JohnP

I got reviewed!
« on: 30 Aug 2007, 12:20 am »
or maybe I should say my cables did. I'm pretty pumped so I hope it's ok that I post this here, if not mods please move to where you see fit.

The guys at Stereomojo decided to do this review differently and I think it's nicely done, what do you guys think?

Here it is:
http://www.stereomojo.com/KCI%20Silkworm%20review/KCISilkwormCablesReview.htm

Best regards,
John

mca

Re: I got reviewed!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2007, 01:32 am »
Nice review!

Sounds like you better kick that website into high gear :D

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2007, 01:46 am »
Yeah no kidding, you're not the first to tell me that! Damn thing just drives me nuts and it's just boring as all hell. I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and just get it done. :duh: I'm no computer whiz so don't expect much of a flashy site or anything special, just info on the cables, a few photos and a nice little shopping cart!! :green:

Did you like how they presented the review as a conversation?

John

mca

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2007, 01:55 am »
It was different, but I did like getting the opinion of three different reviewers.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2007, 02:04 am »
It is different but I like it. My wife said it was the first review she understood! I wish they would have mentioned that two out of three of them bought my cables and the third plans to in the near future....Oops, did I just leak that info out??

I like your boxers. My wife and I love boxers, but are dogless right now. She has been looking though so I anticipate a new arrival at our casa anytime now.

John

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2007, 03:22 am »
Wow, you couldn't have asked for a better review. It sounds like you make a really fine product. Congratulations!

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2007, 11:40 am »
Thank you Danny! I'm pretty excited about the review and especially that I got the Maximum Mojo award! :o 

John

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2007, 08:28 pm »
john, it was a joy having your silkworms in my system and there were more than a few :cry: when i had to return them :)

marvin

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2007, 09:15 pm »
Hi Marvin,
Thank you for the great review and the kind comments!! I appreciate you buying the Mandarinas, did they get there yet? I think your going to like them when you see them, I did em up all special for ya!!

Sounds like you better kick that website into high gear

Damn I hate working with computers, we just don't get along very well. I have been working on my website all day and accidently launched it just a little while ago!! :duh: Most of the products don't even have pictures yet and I still can't figure out my shopping cart.  I ran the spell check and about half way thru it would lock up and I'd have to close all windows and re-log back on. I went thru this nightmare six times!! :evil: Now, I will admit it.....I broke my keyboard in a temporary loss of sanity earlier, but I feel better now. :thumb:

John

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2007, 09:28 pm »
john, they arrived today, i have a new toy to play with this weekend as i bbq :lol:
marvin

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2007, 09:36 pm »
Excellent! I'm glad they made it in time for the weekend. Enjoy them and give em time to open up and spread their wings. Thank you and let me know what you think when you get a chance.

Sincerely,
John

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2007, 09:43 pm »
Hey John,

Great news. Whatcha gonna do now that you've made the press?   8)

Cheers   :thumb:

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2007, 10:06 pm »
Hey Denny,
Make a whole bunch of cables in hopes that I can sell enough to pay for those speakers I'm buying from ya! :lol:

Regards,
John

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2007, 11:04 pm »
Ya, spread the wealth dude!

I sure am.  :lol:

Cheers  :wink:

Freo-1

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2007, 11:23 pm »
Very nice review, John.  :thumb:

I wish for you success. Great Job! 

PS: NOW I understand where your frame of reference was in the Cables thread.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2007, 11:42 pm »
Well you ain't spreadin it enough Denny my man, I have a check right here in my hand and it has YOUR name on it! :wink:

Freo,
Thank you, I'm a proud little Papa I tell ya. As for my "frame of reference" yeah, I'm a believer of fine wire!

Regards,
John

Rx8man

« Reply #16 on: 3 Sep 2007, 11:10 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS JOHN !!

The cable world is a tough arena, with all the hype and choices it seems impossible to find the right one(s)

You came up with a grand solution interconnect.

The Silkworms were not only unanimously agreed upon by three reviewers, but all six of my friends have the same results as I, no downsides.

They are synergistic/compatible with a wide array of completely different systems, rare in the audio field.

I should mention they are extremely flexible and lightweight, which means they will not bend jacks or pull your gear off the shelves.
« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2007, 11:24 pm by Rx8man »

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #17 on: 5 Sep 2007, 01:07 pm »
Hey Pat,
Good to see you back in here! Why don't you hang around more, you've got alot to offer this forum, stay a while fella!

Thanks for the props! Let me know when you're ready for the digital cable and we'll get the ball rollin.

Best,
John

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
« Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2007, 05:05 pm »
Yeah John, when am I going to get MINE?????

I mean, afterall, I'm the publisher and I haven't even heard 'em! LOL

Congrats John, I can tell you if those three guys liked 'em, they ARE something special!

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #19 on: 13 Sep 2007, 06:26 pm »
Hi JDarby,
Whoa....I didn't even know you were here on AC! Bobby at Merlin has your set right now, as soon as I can afford to buy some more gold a set is going out there to you to give a listen to, they're kind of like Sugar Smacks.....you'll dig em! :lol:  Am I showing my age there?? Anyone remember the commercial for the cereal "Sugar Smacks" with the cool frog?

John
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2007, 09:31 pm by KCI-JohnP »