We have passed 2000 posts and 195 topics!!

AKSA

« on: 29 Aug 2003, 11:00 pm »
WOW!!!

This is incredible!   :hyper:   We are the most talkative forum on the 'circle!!     :beer:

Thanks guys, let's keep talking!    :thankyou:

Cheers,

Hugh

Rocket

hi
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2003, 12:52 am »
hi hugh,

get ready for another order in the next couple of months.

i'm thinking of building your new aksonic II speakers.  i'm going to have the n.e.w. amp repaired and use it in another system, it should really rock.

regards

rocket

EchiDna

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2003, 05:10 am »
here's a toast to the next 2000  :beer:

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2003, 09:22 am »
We do seem to have gotten into the "DIY" spirit here. A good thing.

AKSA

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2003, 12:30 am »
And ya know,

I never forget John Reekie - the BORG - in all this.  His contribution has been immense, and done quietly, without any fuss or expectation from others.   :angel:

MUCHOS GRACIAS JOHN!!!    :drums:

Cheers,

Hugh

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2003, 09:26 am »
Oh Hugh.
You have just shattered an image. Whenever I see "THE BORG" logo, I tremble. Now you tell me that John Reekie and THE BORG are one and the same.
Now I know how Lois Lane must have felt.

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2003, 10:21 am »
:lol: :lol:

Bugger, my cover's been blown (again). And I never got to feel Lois Lane either :-(

By the way, it's no mere coincidence that my street address is 195. This is simply an early manifestation of a cosmic ballet of unprecedented proportion being carefully orchestrated by me.

Hugh, you're welcome, no wuckers at all  :mrgreen: Thank *you* for being an outstanding manufacturer of the type we're all proud to have hanging out on this site :)  :thumb:

AKSA

« Reply #7 on: 2 Sep 2003, 10:58 am »
Mal,

No wonder you're trembling;  you're feeling Lois Lane!!  And I thought you only loved music!!

John, your comments remind me of the most sophisticated organic experiment of all time performed on mankind by Benjy Mouse and his offsider (forget his name...).  In the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, one of the greatest books of all time.  A lovely quote:

'Prostetnic Vogon Jelz smiled very slowly.  This was done not so much for effect, but to see if he remembered the sequence of muscle movements.  He had just had a particularly therapeutic yell at one of his junior officers and was feeling calm and relaxed, ready for a little callousness'.

This guy was the unprepossessing Captain of the Hypergalactic Demolition Fleet, whose job it was to obliterate planets in the way of a new, important freeway.  For years an Army Officer, this image really appealed to me, having met my share of martinets in the services.  The writing is masterful, from Douglas Adams who died last year of heart failure in his early fifties.  A great pity.

John, thank you for your kind words.   :oops:

Cheers,

Hugh

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2003, 11:15 am »
Ahh Hugh
Douglas Adams died in 2001. You missed by a year.
An adult moment perhaps?
Tis a bit like attributing "I'll have what she's having" to Mae West.
Signed -- The Pedant (sometimes known (AKA) as "The Pendant").

JohnR

« Reply #9 on: 2 Sep 2003, 11:18 am »
One of my favorite Douglas Adams images is the Electric Monk, from the first Dirk Gently book. In a future in which we are so bombarded with things that we are supposed to believe in, what would one expect but that someone would invent an appliance to believe in them for us?

Dare I say it, an Electric Monk to believe in some certain audiophile wizardries on our behalf might allow us to get on with the job of enjoying ourselves with our music and equipment ;-)