Raw OB2X present and accounted for

Berndt

Raw OB2X present and accounted for
« on: 25 Aug 2007, 01:28 am »
The Raw Acoustics OB2X have arrived at my house on their norcal leg of their introductory tour.
I only have a few weeks with them so perhaps planning a meet is not feasible?
I am ready to host any interested persons either after work or on the weekends.
I have only had a quick listen but the have the requisite raw acoustics ribbon tweeter that defies convention by being detailed without being harsh. The ribbon also gives a wide sweet spot. My previous Raw acoustics experience was with the ht-8's, BTW.
The open baffle design allows these speakers to cast a wider presence than their diminutive size would seem to allow. The tuned midbass box on the lower M-130x makes more bass than expected as well, I would say these speakers plumb the same level of bass depth as my magnepan smga's.
The OB2X's seem very happy with a modest Luxman integrated (100wpc) that is in my garage system, my Magnepans amp, ( a Conrad Johnson MF-200- 200ss wpc) seems to be overkill. I would suspect a medium powered tube amp would be a fine match with these speakers HK citation II and the like...
I didn't intend for this to be a review, just a hey they're here.
Please PM for contact info if you would like to give these speakers a listen.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2007, 02:42 am by Berndt »

RAW

Re: Raw OB2X present and accounted for
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2007, 02:27 am »
Bill
The OB2X use the twin M-130X driver.One for a mid and one for the woofer.
The OB3X uses the M-165X side firing were the OB2X uses the twin forward firing M-130X driivers.This helps to make the OB2X a sleaker design than if we used the M-165X as the woofer forward firing.

Anyway good news you got them and they are now playing.

That pair Danny when he was up on vacation got to listen to them before I crated them up.

Enjoy talk soon.

Berndt

Re: Raw OB2X present and accounted for
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2007, 02:43 am »
initial post corrected