cd transport

junkmail

• www.rkcable.com.au
cd transport
« on: 24 Aug 2007, 03:25 am »
can any one recommend a cd tansport or a cd player that has a good transport in it

jules

Re: cd transport
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2007, 04:38 am »
Hi, um junkmail,

How much do you want to spend and what are you going to match it up with?

jules

navi

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2007, 02:16 am »
Tried to build this: http://us.hifidiy.net/Article.asp?articleid=167
but It's still sitting under the bed not working. Cost me about $500 AUS. inc shipping from Honkers.
I think IF I had got it to work it would have been good.

bluesky

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2007, 12:17 pm »
Hi

I would recommend one of the Pioneer CD players which have the "Stable Platter" transport.

These are excellent transports and I understand they are used by the likes of Wadia.  The CDP's can often be picked up quite cheaply on Ebay, just make sure they have digital and optical outs.

I intend to do just this myself.  I would then do a few basic mods to the power supply, add a bit of dampeing to the chassis, install an IEC socket and away you go.

Bluesky   

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 1 Sep 2007, 01:58 pm »
The old Sony S7700 DVD players were very good.  They were Sony's first/flagship DVD players.  They had the tolerances needed for DVD and separate CD pickup heads.  But they're getting long in the tooth by now.  They retailed for $1200, but you should be able to pick one up for around $150.  Empire Audio still likes them (good site to find more transport ideas).

rabbitz

« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2007, 12:46 pm »
I like the Sony ES series from the early 1990's that used the linear motor tracking. The only problem is the lasers are impossible to get these days.

avta

« Reply #6 on: 3 Sep 2007, 02:20 pm »
Take a look at the Oppo players. They're sold online. Lots of excellent reviews on AC especially in the Nuforce circle.

Guy

junkmail

• www.rkcable.com.au
« Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2007, 04:46 am »
Thank you for all of your replies just to let you know i ended up with a yamaha CDR-HD1500B
CD-R/RW + HDD Digital Audio Recorder great for recording and good cd transport and the biggest surprise was using the hard drive as a transport highly recommended