Expensive cables, lines powerlines, and interconnects are just Audio Jewelry

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
No worries man, we're just bench racing, y'know?

I only see the room adding undesirables. I don't see the benefit at all. The best room, is no room.

Cheers

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com
I only see the room adding undesirables. I don't see the benefit at all. The best room, is no room.

Full agreement there.  You know what you've done now DGO, is you've spurred me on to attempting a test :)

I have to so some more room analysis on my home studio anyways, might as well throw this test into the mix.

/A

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
You know what you've done now DGO, is you've spurred me on to attempting a test :)

My bad.  :oops:

Cheers  :wink:

HiFiSoundGuy

:nono:  Some think that all cables sound the same but not me. I'm now using outdoor power supply 600v power cord from Home Depot for speaker cables...I was using VERY GOOD Anti-Cables before but the Home Depot cord was a NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!  ACROSS THE BOARD IMPROVEMENT!! They make a great power cable too.......
« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2007, 03:13 am by HiFiSoundGuy »

miklorsmith

Just on time!  Your input is always welcome HFSG, ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheChairGuy

:lol: :lol:

Pertinent, thank you, HFSG !!  :wink:

jneutron

I'd love to see the graphs you have.
Cheers

Here's four.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1192

IID is interaural intensity difference.  ITD is interaural time difference.

These two parameters are used by humans to localize a sound source in two D space.

I kinda explained what each is in the comment fields, but ask questions if you wish.

Cheers, John

AdamM

• Robotbreeder.com

TONEPUB

wow, I can't believe this one is still going on!!

Summer

My last post (I promise), since it's all cleared up.

With today's Absolute Sound hitting the mailbox, I have to go buy some MIT Music Interface Technologies cables (damn surround sound is going to kill me, but these babies are what we need.

Robert Harley, states, these cables are just insanely great, putting the new Oracle MA into his system just rendered a jaw dropping increase in "bottom end weight", "spatial resolution", "sheer naturlaness".  "It must be heard to be believed".  The bottom end tighened up, with greater warmth, pitch articulation and dynamics.  Finer gradiations of depth, and this is where I was really sold, and hold on to something stable, with this next sentance,  "a feeling of realism that bordered on the spooky".  This is a full 8ft pair, not for just an individual line, so don't get all jumpy about the $24,900.  How can you anyone accept anything less?  I can not, I will not, I must have these cables!  Then note, that Robert is going to help those who just can't spend that, cause he says that MIT's $7995.00 Magnum MA, which uses a less elaborate implementation of the same technology delivers many of the same sonic qualities for considerably less money (now how did he figure it was less money?  They do that for $16, 205 less per pair? (page 13, November 2007 The Absolute Sound). 

But then, I reached for my bookshelf, and Robert's book, (had to blow some dust off, this was the 1994 edition), but I recalled that bullet point on his back cover of The Complete Guide to High End Audio, "High End sound at low prices; how to do it cheap and still do it right".  I turned to page 311, "Remember, a cable or interconnect can't actually effect an absolute improvement in the sound; the good ones merely do less harm"  Then on page 312, spending 15% is a maximum figure on Interconnect.  "Again, I must stress, that high cost doesn't gauranettee that the cable is good or it will work well in your system. Your efforts will often be rewarded with exactly the right cable for your system at a reasonable price"  End of quote, page 312, Chapter 11.  Again, please note, this book (guide) was published in 1994, so we do have some adjustments with inflation, rising cost of labor, gross domestic product and various other economic indicators.

So a max of 15% on interconnects, but Robert is running with $24,900 cables in his ref system, so what is the price of Robert's ref system?
Little hard to figure, too many variables left out,  but I would am going to bet depending on whether he is running the cassette, around a half a million? 

That wraps it up for me, you guys and Robert sold me.

OUT

Summer (it's now fall, so summer is gone)