Purist Preamp US In Home Audition Tour

randog

« Reply #140 on: 17 Feb 2004, 06:44 pm »
Got it. It'll go either today or tomorrow, OK?

Curt

« Reply #141 on: 17 Feb 2004, 06:49 pm »
Up to you, if your done let it go, if you need another day OK.

You decide I just wanted to touch base and give notice.

Carlman

« Reply #142 on: 17 Feb 2004, 06:51 pm »
Quote from: Ray Bronk
Quote from: Carlman
Awesome, thank you Curt!

Looks like I'll be comparing it to 2 tube pre's when I get it.  (Dodd and Eastern Minimax)

-Carl

That will be an interesting read. That Minimax sure looks like a winner.

It doesn't look like this is going to happen.. I've got about 5 more people in front of me for the IRD.

Bill's going to want his Minimax back or sent to someone else... or for me to buy it very soon... I've had it for a long time.

Oh well.. I'll compare it to whatever I'm using when I get it, though.

-C

Curt

« Reply #143 on: 17 Feb 2004, 06:56 pm »
The Purist Tour schedule is now CLOSED. No new names will be added.

We still have several weeks to finish the scheduled auditions, the audition schedule can be seen on page 4 of this thread.

If anyone needs to talk about this please do it via PM here at AC.

The tour worked out nicely, we will be open to future tours when more products are released. My thanks to everyone who has been involved.

randog

« Reply #144 on: 17 Feb 2004, 07:29 pm »
Quote from: Curt
Up to you, if your done let it go, if you need another day OK.

You decide I just wanted to touch base and give notice.

It's more of an issue of getting to fedex. I'm in the sticks, man... an hour from the nearest drop-off.  :o

Thanks for the opportunity. Except for the synergy issue with the rest of my setup, the audition went pretty flawless. I like the Purest a lot.  :D

randog

« Reply #145 on: 19 Feb 2004, 02:37 am »
Beat, if you're out there, it's on it's way. PM me for the tracking number.

Randog

beat

« Reply #146 on: 22 Feb 2004, 05:01 pm »
I got it!!
Just like everyone has said, build quality is awesome. I love the simplicity and solidness of the chassis. I've listened to it for a couple hours last night and it really sounds good. I'll expand upon that later...
thanks, beat

Curt

« Reply #147 on: 22 Feb 2004, 06:43 pm »
Quote from: beat
I got it!!
Just like everyone has said, build quality is awesome. I love the simplicity and solidness of the chassis. I've listened to it for a couple hours last night and it really sounds good. I'll expand upon that later...
thanks, beat

Good news, if you have any questions you know where to email them...

Curt

« Reply #148 on: 25 Feb 2004, 08:18 pm »
Juan > LA, it's your turn :D  You have email.

Curt

« Reply #149 on: 26 Feb 2004, 09:56 am »
All set, Beat you have email, time for the Purist to move on.

Hope you enjoyed your audition.

beat

« Reply #150 on: 26 Feb 2004, 07:03 pm »
NNNOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!
OK, fine. I'll send it off tomorrow. I'll PM the tracking number to Juan ASAP. Thanks for the oportunity to check it out Curt. I love it.
beat

Curt

« Reply #151 on: 26 Feb 2004, 08:22 pm »
Quote from: beat
NNNOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!
OK, fine. I'll send it off tomorrow. I'll PM the tracking number to Juan ASAP. Thanks for the oportunity to check it out Curt. I love it.
beat

Please email me the tracking number when you ship, for my records.

Yes, the audition does go by pretty fast. I'm glad you enjoyed youy time with the Purist and of course we have stock in Charlotte if your interested 8)

Curt

« Reply #152 on: 6 Mar 2004, 03:02 pm »
Juan,

You received the Purist on the 3rd and I have not heard from you, is everything OK? Did the Purist arrive in good condition?

We're interested how things are going :D

Juan R

« Reply #153 on: 6 Mar 2004, 06:02 pm »
I am sorry, my office was kind of crazy this week , but the unit arrived fine, I just had some time last night and just back from round at the Hospital. This unit is heavy and beatiful (black). Remind me the plinius, in sound there was some noise at around 85db, but as soon I add myP/3 to the system, that is gone. I liked the bass and mid range , clear and good separation,( I miss the remote). I will like to listen today and tomorrow, may ready to ship tuesday or wednesday.

Curt

« Reply #154 on: 7 Mar 2004, 05:05 pm »
Quote from: Juan R
I am sorry, my office was kind of crazy this week , but the unit arrived fine, I just had some time last night and just back from round at the Hospital. This unit is heavy and beatiful (black). Remind me the plinius, in sound there was some noise at around 85db, but as soon I add myP/3 to the system, that is gone. I liked the bass and mid range , clear and good separation,( I miss the remote). I will like to listen today and tomorrow, may ready to ship tuesday or wednesday.

Hi Juan, relax it's just audio, you sound pretty busy, no rush at all. Take all the time you need to learn what the Purist offers and when your done evaluating it we can talk about sending it on to the next audition.

If you don't enjoy your audition or have enough time to listen and form your opinion the audition will be a failure. We can't have that.

So, no pressure, enjoy when you can, and email me when you feel you had enough time  :D I think we all understand hectic schedules.

I'll wait for your email  :D  Enjoy.

Juan R

« Reply #155 on: 9 Mar 2004, 10:50 pm »
I had the pleasure to audition the purist. first impression , this unit is well build and heavy, the black face plate match very well with my Marantz 8260, beautiful and simple machine. My pre is a Kora Eclipse with telefunken tubes. First I did listen without my p/3 dac. Very close to a plinius tha I listen before. no change in bass but a very agressive mid, no harsh, just right, very clear , and I will like to say that is kind of tube like.I then add the dac and the sound was even beter in the mid. I think this unit is a winner in any price range, the only difference is if you like more options like : remote control,balance volume, XLR output, but otherwise is an excellent machine. If I am going to buy one NO, but  Yes I will wait  for the one with RC for a system that I put in together in my office.I already have a pair of le amp,cables and cd payer. I just looking for a set of monitor speakers, they have to be small. I planning to listen to low vol.

Curt

« Reply #156 on: 10 Mar 2004, 07:17 pm »
Hi Juan, sounds like Sabai (IR remote control) will work well for you.

Thank you for letting us know how the Purist sounded in your system and for taking part in our Purist tour.

You have email with the next address, were bringing the Purist back for repackaging then on to a few auditions in NC.

Curt

« Reply #157 on: 30 Mar 2004, 06:32 pm »
I have been working in the lab and managed to fall behind...

I just updated the Tour schedule (look here):
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=4402.msg40563#40563

Tom in NC has almost completed his audition and Carlman in NC is next.

The tour is almost over, it has been running for about seven months!!!

For those interested we have Purist preamps and MB-100 monoblock amplifiers in stock at Charlotte NC  :D

The MB-100s are hard to beat when you need some mid-range power. They match perfectly with the Purist preamplifier, great synergy.

Curt

Tour Almost Over !
« Reply #158 on: 15 Apr 2004, 02:08 pm »
As you can see the Purist in home audition tour is almost over:

-----> Completed audition: 1) scottpretti > PA
-----> Completed audition: 2) lonewolfny42 > NY
-----> Completed audition: 3) Den > MD
-----> Completed audition: 4) Ernest > PA (added 24 Sep)
-----> Canceled: 5)
-----> Canceled: 6)
-----> Completed audition: 7) jlupine > IL
-----> Completed audition: 8 ) MaxCast > MI
-----> Completed audition: 9) nathanm > WI
-----> Completed audition: 10) Brian > WI (added 30 Sep)
-----> Completed audition: 19) jqp > NC (was moved up)
-----> Completed audition: 13) dogberry > CA
11) ptn > OR (traveling may reschedule)
-----> Completed audition: 14) JeromeS > CA
-----> Completed audition: 15) skchow > CA
-----> Completed audition: 16) Mad DOg > CA
-----> Completed audition: 12) randog > CA
-----> Completed audition: 17) beat > NM
-----> Completed audition: 18 ) Juan > LA
-----> Completed audition: 20) Tom > NC
-----> Completed audition: 21) carlman > NC

22) Jason > PA (got address, Jason is next)

-----> Current audition: 23) Clint > IL

24) FOODMAN300 > WI
25) Ron > TX

This is the tour schedule coppied from page 4 of this thread.

Jason >PA : Please email me your shipping information, somehow it has been misplaced. You will be next stop on the tour.

KJ

« Reply #159 on: 15 Apr 2004, 06:59 pm »
I'm a little late in reading up on this post.  I'd like to be added in if possible.

KJ, Mequon, WI.

It appears as if the next stop is FOODMAN300 in WI.  FOODMAN300, where abouts as you located?  Perhaps we could hook up?

-KJ