External Crossover Speakers ?

kostiska

External Crossover Speakers ?
« on: 3 Aug 2007, 11:33 am »
Hi,
 I am looking for sometime for external crossover speakers suitable for use with Behringer DCX and DEQ and SRC (without me moding it).
Any suggestions ??
Thanks

kostis

Housteau

Re: External Crossover Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2007, 02:11 am »
If I understand you correctly, you are looking for speakers without a crossover, so you can use your own external one.  Sometimes they are referred to as direct drive speakers.  Several smaller manufacturers can make these for you as one of their options.  VMPS, here on Audio Circle routinely does this.

gooberdude

« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2007, 02:58 am »
It seems like a lot of the DIY Open Baffle crowd use these electronic x-overs.   The Hawthorne Silver Iris speakers come to mind...

brj

« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2007, 04:43 am »
Most custom speakers can be ordered with digital crossovers.  Salk and Selah, both of whom are represented on this forum, have both shipped active systems using the DEQ/X.

kostiska

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2007, 05:57 pm »
Thanks to all for your replies . My plans are to use deqx processing with a sutiable pair (maybe plus a sub) to overcome inherent room asymmetries  . Until now I got your replies (Howthorne, Salk, Selah, VMPS ) . In europe wlm do have some direct drive models.
Thanks to you all , this is my first post to this forum.
Thanks
Kostis

Double Ugly

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2007, 06:11 pm »
SP Technology is another small manufacturer with a circle here, and they offer external crossovers as well.

The good news would be that you could forget about the possibility of needing a separate sub with all but the Timepiece Mini.  :wink:

EProvenzano

« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2007, 06:49 pm »
I believe you can add Nomad Audio Ronins to that list. 

The RMD here:
http://www.nomad-audio.com/RMD.htm

or the RPD here:
http://www.nomad-audio.com/RPD.htm