Ordered My Timepiece 3.0's !!!!!!!!!!!!

topround

Ordered My Timepiece 3.0's !!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 23 Jul 2007, 12:47 am »
Ordered my Timepiece 3.0's today in delicious cherry

For those who have never heard these speakers, I am living with a borrowed pair of Timepiece 2.0's, several generations older and these speakers make my wife and kids DANCE :banana piano: Check my previous posts.
that decided it, they filled my room with music that just hits on a very basic, instinctual level. audiophile yes, musical yes! Boogie factor way yes!

Thanks Bob!  I can't wait.... but I will. :drool:

mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Ordered My Timepice 3.0's !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2007, 12:52 am »
Congrats Mike.

Did you get any upgrades?

George

topround

Re: Ordered My Timepiece 3.0's !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2007, 12:58 am »
Going to look into some of the better mondorf parts if they are not too crazy with pricing,with the euro dollar thing

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:02 am »
I'm excited for you.  Can't wait to hear your direct comparison to the 2.0 if Chris will let you keep them that long.  A lot of improvements have been made.  Sounds like he's getting a little antsy for the upgrade to 3.0, too.

topround

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:11 am »
Well I am hoping to have another rave at my house in November.

Bob promised ( sort of) to have them ready by then.
 Chris is getting his 2.0's back in august for the next rave. whether they will be upgraded by November  who knows, but hopefully many people will get to hear them here at my place and maybe Chris could bring his for comparison ( or not) .
I feel lucky to know Chris, and happy he gave me the opportunity to hear these speakers.
They work for me. and my kids and even my wife like them(the way they sound that is) she wants all the crap out actually, but that is another story, and she puts up with a lot :lol:

Double Ugly

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:42 am »
Congrats, Mike.  If you have any other questions or just want to talk, feel free to call, PM or e-mail any time. 

As for your wife -

If the 2.0s make her dance, the 3.0s are gonna blow her mind.  I was surprised by the improvements I heard in the 2.1s, and I have to believe you'll get even more with the parts change-out in the 3.0s.  That's doubly true if you opt for upgrades.

Congrats again.  I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of the VTL/Timepiece combo.

Best regards,

-Jim

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:09 am »
Hey Mike....

I told you Bob makes a great speaker....  :wink:

Congrats on your purchase..... :beer:

Now what are we doing about amps..... :scratch:
Maybe Jim can loan you his Butler's to check out....there's a nice big tube in each one....  :drool: :jester:

Double Ugly

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jul 2007, 02:46 pm »
Maybe Jim can loan you his Butler's to check out....there's a nice big tube in each one....  :drool: :jester:

I think he may be fine with what he has, Chris.  I have no complaints with my 100W/ch, and the guy in Cali is satisfied using a 50W Cary integrated.  Assuming the VTL isn't current limited, I think you may be surprised by what 80W can do with the new crossover.

Regardless, no offense to Mike, but ain't no way he's gettin' my Monads... even on loan!!!     

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jul 2007, 02:59 pm »
Regardless, no offense to Mike, but ain't no way he's gettin' my Monads... even on loan!!!
...... :lol:....I figured that Jim....but it was worth a shot....  :jester:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:04 pm »

I think he may be fine with what he has, Chris.  I have no complaints with my 100W/ch, and the guy in Cali is satisfied using a 50W Cary integrated.  Assuming the VTL isn't current limited, I think you may be surprised by what 80W can do with the new crossover.

DU can't loan Mike his amps...if they are going anywhere, it's up to my place!   aa

George

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:07 pm »

DU can't loan Mike his amps...if they are going anywhere, it's up to my place!   aa

George
:nono:....No....your to far north George....Mike is closer...in N.J. ... :lol:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:11 pm »
Congratulations Mike.  I am glad my modest contribution triggered the order.   :thumb:

Bigfish

« Reply #12 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:18 pm »
Mike:

Congratulations!  A transportation company has my pair of "new 2.1s" in route to Raleigh.  I am so looking forward to receiving and hearing these speakers versus my current Monitor Audio Silver 9is.  Expecting to be in Audio Bliss!

Ken

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: 23 Jul 2007, 03:23 pm »
Ken...

A transportation company has my pair of "new 2.1s" in route to Raleigh.

Nice....won't be long. 8)

Expecting to be in Audio Bliss!

Its a good feeling.... :dance:

How big is your room Ken ? Thanks.... :beer:

Chris

PS.....Get some good speaker stands.... :wink:

Double Ugly

« Reply #14 on: 23 Jul 2007, 04:02 pm »

George
:nono:....No....your to far north George....Mike is closer...in N.J. ... :lol:

Chris is right, George; I'd do it, but you're just too doggone far away!  :wink:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #15 on: 23 Jul 2007, 08:56 pm »
Mike:

Congratulations!  A transportation company has my pair of "new 2.1s" in route to Raleigh.  I am so looking forward to receiving and hearing these speakers versus my current Monitor Audio Silver 9is.  Expecting to be in Audio Bliss!

Ken
Time for some first impressions Ken..... :hyper:

Bigfish

« Reply #16 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:17 pm »
Ken...

A transportation company has my pair of "new 2.1s" in route to Raleigh.

Nice....won't be long. 8)

Expecting to be in Audio Bliss!

Its a good feeling.... :dance:

How big is your room Ken ? Thanks.... :beer:

My room is 24' X 8' X 8' and currently the system is against one of the long walls between two door openings. My wife and I are considering rearranging to use one of the short walls.  Problem is there is a side by side double hung window that will be behind the system.  I would just like to have the additional distance from the speakers.

Chris

PS.....Get some good speaker stands.... :wink:

I purchased a pair of solid walnut stands with granite base from Arnold of Core Furniture.  I went with these stands because they match the amp stands and audio racks I purchased earlier from Arnold. 

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2007, 12:50 am »
Mike,

Welcome to the family! :thumb:  You and yours like to dance?  Won't be long and you might be break-dancing!!!  :dance: :lol:

-Bob

lonewolfny42

« Reply #18 on: 1 Aug 2007, 11:05 am »
Well I am hoping to have another rave at my house in November.

Bob promised ( sort of) to have them ready by then.

This will be good Mike - the November Rave....we can have your 3.0's....my 2.0's....and the Mini-TP's.....all to compare.... 8)