The New Timepiece Mini - Studio Walnut Finish

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Re: The New Timepiece Mini - Studio Walnut Finish
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jul 2007, 02:51 am »
Chris,

Will do...as soon as I get the terminal plate graphics back.  Otherwise, a blank plate with binding posts ain't much to look at. :oops:

Uh...Got "Da Man" working on it as we speak.  Our website has been crap since day-1...for one reason or another.  Wait 'til you see the new one.  You'd think we were professionals or something...if you didn't know better. :lol:

Take care my friend!
-Bob

PS.  Thanks for lending Mike your 2.0's...says he gonna be a customer now.  Remind me to buy you a  :beer: one of these days.  OK...I'll make it a case!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jul 2007, 02:59 am »
Bob.....

PS.  Thanks for lending Mike your 2.0's...says he gonna be a customer now.  Remind me to buy you a  Beer Toast one of these days.  OK...I'll make it a case!
Thanks...... :beer:

You know.....I've had less time with my TP's than anyone else...they have been "loaned out" for more time than I've had the time to listen.....but I'm not complaining....their a very good speaker....and I hope more people get to hear them. I do need to upgrade mine....so put those parts aside, so I can get that done.....thanks Bob.... :thumb:

Chris

lonewolfny42

« Reply #22 on: 28 Jul 2007, 05:07 pm »
Didn't see this here in your ad on AC....but on Agon....in that ad....

"To help in the decision, we are also offering a 30-day return policy if not completely satisfied."   

lonewolfny42

« Reply #23 on: 30 Jul 2007, 12:15 am »
Bob....

Got two questions for you...(and don't worry...I never call anyone :lol:)

1.....From the time one orders the speakers....about how long till their ready to ship ? (month...6 weeks...2 months...roughly)

2.....How are they shipped ? Both in the same box....or separately ?

Thanks..... :thumb:

Chris

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 30 Jul 2007, 05:47 pm »
Chris,

1- Now that we have several orders for the Mini plus much else from previous to this point, if one were to place an order today we're looking at about 8 weeks.  Dig this...and that's considering the fact that I just hired 2 new guys! :green:

2- They ship singly, each speaker in its own box.  I thought about shipping them as one box, but that puts the weight over the 70 lb. UPS limit.  I use TransGroup for the Timepieces (and the other models) as they weigh 90 lbs. each in their boxes.  That's too big for UPS as well so we ship them together on a skid and go freight.

Since our packing for the Mini is the same as the Timepieces, UPS/FedEx don't scare me.  We have never had a single incidence of damage since we started lining those boxes with hardboard. :wink:

Take care,
-Bob

lonewolfny42

« Reply #25 on: 1 Aug 2007, 03:46 am »
Tick....tick....tick.... :o

Time is running out......

I've been sitting on the fence.....

I did consider getting getting the Rev's that Freejazz/Scott has for sale....its a great speaker....I've heard them....and I really wanted them.

But....I have to be realistic....in my small 12 x 12 room...just is not going to work....and plus ....with all the stuff in here...there's no way. So.....time to jump on a bargain deal.....

Bob....put me down for a pair of the Mini TP's in Walnut..... 8)

Sending you a PM now.....wow....its 11:50PM.......

Chris

Double Ugly

« Reply #26 on: 1 Aug 2007, 05:55 am »
Bob....put me down for a pair of the Mini TP's in Walnut..... 8)

Sending you a PM now.....wow....its 11:50PM.......

Congrats, my friend!  You pushed it to within 10 minutes of the deadline, but you just paid a pittance for what I'm sure will be a smokin' pair of speakers!  :thumb:

Still... I think you should've gone for the Revs.  They're already in the city, and you and I both know they're worth making room for. 

I know, I know... God forbid you should have to sell anything (:wink:), but come on!  These are Revelations we're talkin' about!  And for less than 5Gs!  Are you kiddin' me?!?  :o

And they'll work in your room.  I don't know if it's something to do with the T-line (that's the rumor) or something else, but they don't seem to excite rooms like 'regular' speakers.  And with they way they vent, you can put 'em awfully darn close to the wall. 

You should've heard them in that itty-bitty hotel room in '04.  Man, oh man... were they ever sweet!  They sure rocked my world!   8)

But Bob's intro pricing on the Minis was just too good; you couldn't pass on a deal like that. 

But then Scott's asking price for the Revs is beyond too good to be true.  Shoot, it's an even better deal than the Minis! 

What to do... what to do...

I know!!!

GET BOTH!!!!   aa :drums: :guitar: :violin: :beer: :bounce: :hyper: :dance:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #27 on: 1 Aug 2007, 05:56 am »
Congratulations, Chris!! :thumb:

In 8 weeks you'll be :dance: :banana piano:

(unless you send those out on permanent loan, too!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #28 on: 1 Aug 2007, 06:09 am »
 :lol:.....They are both good deals Jim....and believe me I thought long and hard about the Rev's....but since my room is like a warehouse...as my wife says....it would be too tight and small....and yes, I've heard Steve's speakers in CO....during the RMAF show....along with George and Sean....they are great speakers...there is no doubt.

At Scott's price...his Rev's are a bargain....like someone offering you a REAL Rolex for ten bucks....and the guy saying..."ah, I never heard of Rolex....any good ?"

I hope someone grabs them....it could of been me....but in my future...it will be....at a later date.

So...thanks Jim and Russell for your comments....I know what to expect....and now I'll own two pairs of SP Tech's 8)....but I'll only loan out one. :lol:

Chris

Nick B

« Reply #29 on: 1 Aug 2007, 07:25 am »

Chris
Congrats...great purchase.  :thumb:  BTW, what's all this SP Tech speaker hysteria?  :scratch:  Oh, I forgot.....Bob told me today that my 2.1's are just about ready to ship.   :dance:

PS  Great pics. Had me laughing
Nick

lonewolfny42

« Reply #30 on: 1 Aug 2007, 07:35 am »
Thank you Nick.... :thumb:

BTW, what's all this SP Tech speaker hysteria?

I'd say people are finally listening to the speakers....its hard to explain them when very few have heard them....so the more ears, the better. :wink:

....my 2.1's are just about ready to ship.

Nice....I'll watch for your comments....tell it like you hear it.... :hyper:

Chris