Car washing

nathanm

Car washing
« on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:03 am »
One of my favorite shots.  Well, two of.  It was only until recently that I put them together.  I took the Volkswagen one and the guy in the Volkwagen one shot the other guy, but I did all the manipulation.  Back when the 'ol Epson worked I made prints of these on matte paper and the blacks were damn velvety! :)  These were born out of being so frustrated with low quality digitals that the natural inclination was to deconstruct them and make them into something else.

The big kahuna if anyone's interested:
http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=518506776&size=o

SET Man

Re: Car washing
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:07 am »
Hey!

Dang! When I saw the Topic "Car washing" I was expecting to see girls in skimpy bikini washing cars!  :duh: :jester:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:48 am »
Dang! When I saw the Topic "Car washing" I was expecting to see girls in skimpy bikini washing cars!

Yeah, me too. I have two carwashes on my street with one of them directly across teh street from my store aa. Sorry, not taking any pictures though as my wife reads AC with my from time to time. :nono:

nathanm

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2007, 02:58 am »
Ok - nice pix, I like the grain.  But, who put the vw logo in there?

Artists rock,
KP
It's on the mudflap.

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2007, 11:25 am »
That's really cool  :thumb: Would have never thought such a "mundane" subject would make such an interesting photograph (s).

I'm not normally a fan of composite pictures but this one works really well (for me anyway!).

It's not obvious at first that it's not the same car (and washer) -- needed to count the spokes to be sure.

Levi

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2007, 04:44 pm »
I need some car wash.  It's dirty specially when you are closer.  Damn, I like silver cars.  :lol:

nathanm

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2007, 04:50 pm »
That photo is a good candidate for some retouching.  You could knock out the distracting background and put in a false one (but keep the black gravel, I like that part) and then do the high-contrast\grain look like above.  That hotspot on the rear of the car could use some toning down too.

Now get to work! :)

Levi

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2007, 05:01 pm »
Thanks, it has potential. :scratch:     I only need time to do it...:)