ACI Moving to NEW, GREAT facility

Mike Dzurko

ACI Moving to NEW, GREAT facility
« on: 27 Jun 2007, 06:12 pm »
ACI will be closing from Wednesday, Aug 22 to Monday Aug 27 to move to our new facility. Stay posted for new phone #s . . .
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2007, 12:02 pm by Mike Dzurko »

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI Moving Sale & Trip
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2007, 01:16 am »
Just returned from our soon to be new facility in West Salem.  I supervised as the chalk lines were laid down for some of the lower office walls and the listening / test room.  Builder is getting bids on the framing materials tomorrow . . . . walls should be going up early next week. I'll post pictures of this "trip" if there's time :)

Eric

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2007, 02:16 pm »
I can hardly wait to see the pics, Mike

Mudslide

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2007, 03:15 pm »
Just returned from our soon to be new facility in West Salem.  I supervised as the chalk lines were laid down for some of the lower office walls and the listening / test room.  Builder is getting bids on the framing materials tomorrow . . . . walls should be going up early next week. I'll post pictures of this "trip" if there's time :)

Hmmm...moving from a church to some place named "Salem".  Is this going in the right direction?!   :nono:

J/K, Mike.   :lol:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2007, 09:17 pm »

Hmmm...moving from a church to some place named "Salem".  Is this going in the right direction?!   :nono:

J/K, Mike.   :lol:

Good point  :lol:  But, the church was haunted, so maybe we're on the right path . . .

accent

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2007, 06:06 am »
Are ya'll going to go to the Rocky Mountain Audiofest?    I have a friend that is unaware of your speakers and would like him to check them out if your going to be there.

Michael

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jul 2007, 04:55 pm »
Are ya'll going to go to the Rocky Mountain Audiofest?    I have a friend that is unaware of your speakers and would like him to check them out if your going to be there.

Michael

We booked our room months ago . . .  very much looking forward to it!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2007, 06:02 pm »
First picture:

http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/new/WS1.htm

more to come . . .

Mudslide

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2007, 06:56 pm »
YEA!!

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2007, 02:36 pm »
Howdy...  came upon this site in my endless search for a new sub.

Quick initial question...  any insight as to how long the moving sale will be in effect?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:21 pm »
New pics posted:

http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/new/WS1.htm

Framing was done yesterday but we need to make a few minor changes . . .electrical rough in starts this afternoon . . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:38 pm »

Quick initial question...  any insight as to how long the moving sale will be in effect?

Welcome!

No good short answer so I'll give you a bit of detail:

It is extremely rare for ACI to sell below our website, consumer-direct prices. Building and moving is complicated enough, so we decided to try to move as much inventory as possible now, before we have to start loading and hauling to the new location. And, we stopped scheduling delivery of drivers and cabinets until we can have them delivered to the new location. Frankly, the rate we've been selling has really exceeded our expectations! Some finishes in certain models are already gone, example, Maestro XL in Piano Black. And, within hours or days we'll be out of Satin Black Maestro XLs as well.  Then again, we've still got pretty deep stock on some models.  Best advice is to email sales@audioc.com ASAP with what you're specifically interested in.  Right now, looks like the actual move will be sometime in early August . . .

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2007, 04:42 pm »
The new place is starting to come together Mike.  Looks like it'll be nice.

Bryan

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:50 pm »

Welcome!

No good short answer so I'll give you a bit of detail:

It is extremely rare for ACI to sell below our website, consumer-direct prices. Building and moving is complicated enough, so we decided to try to move as much inventory as possible now, before we have to start loading and hauling to the new location. And, we stopped scheduling delivery of drivers and cabinets until we can have them delivered to the new location. Frankly, the rate we've been selling has really exceeded our expectations! Some finishes in certain models are already gone, example, Maestro XL in Piano Black. And, within hours or days we'll be out of Satin Black Maestro XLs as well.  Then again, we've still got pretty deep stock on some models.  Best advice is to email sales@audioc.com ASAP with what you're specifically interested in.  Right now, looks like the actual move will be sometime in early August . . .

Thanks Mike...  BTW your new facility looks great - must be very exciting!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2007, 07:48 pm »
Thanks folks, exciting it is!  Bryan, I need to get the Green Glue on order from you, we'll probably be starting to sheetrock as soon as next week.  PM me for the shipping info etc.

BTW: GIK treatments are going to look and work great in this room :)

Ross @ ACI

« Reply #15 on: 28 Jul 2007, 05:21 pm »

7/2/07: Camera shot looking down on what will become shipping / receiving to the left and office to the right.

Ross @ ACI

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jul 2007, 05:24 pm »

7/4/06: The 16' high, 12' wide overhead door that will greatly improve handling of pallets, containers, etc.

Ross @ ACI

« Reply #17 on: 28 Jul 2007, 05:25 pm »

7/5/06: The framing has begun.  Gary is checking on some specs and Lin is preparing a nail gun.

Ross @ ACI

« Reply #18 on: 28 Jul 2007, 05:25 pm »

7/1106: Side/Top down view of what will become the new #1 ACI listening room. Notice the staggered studs on 2X6 footers and headers and what will be 9' ceiling.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2007, 05:25 pm »
Latest update on this last day of July 07:

All pre-wiring is now completed including 120V, Cat 5, (lots), inwall speaker wires to surround positions in listening room, multiple HVAC units.

HVAC main unit installed, duct work about 1/2 finished, supposed to be done by tomorrow. Insulation and sheetrock to be delivered Friday . . .

AND, the Green Glue has arrived, thanks to Bryan Pape at Sensible Sound Solutions :)