Caught up

Wayne1

Caught up
« on: 24 Jun 2007, 03:10 pm »
At least for now :wink:

Mods for the Squeeze Box and ELPAC power supplies should be able to be completed within a week of receiving them.

I know some of you have a problem being parted form your SB for ANY length of time, but now is the time to send it in. I do run 2-4 weeks in fall and winter months.

Work is proceeding on the Statement mods for the SB3. I am going to try some different coupling caps this coming week.

The BOLDER Built Burson Buffer has finally been placed in a prototype chassis. This is not the final production chassis, but it does give me a better idea of layout and it should be able to come close to the sound of the finished product.

I will try to post a couple of pictures.

We did do a comparison of a "stock" Buffer to a modded one in a very ugly chassis and cheap connectors. The modded one was preferred.

The latest prototype has all WBT SILVER NextGen connectors, Cryo treated SILVER plated IEC and fuse holder. SILVER plated ceramic fuse. All internal wiring is 99.9995 % pure, solid core SILVER. Do you sense a theme?  :lol:

The BOLDER/Bent Audio/Burson Buffer control center should be arriving in Colorado shortly. John Chapman has assembled and tested a prototype. When it arrives, we will have some listening sessions in various systems along the front range. If you would be interested in taking a listen to it, or hosting a listening session, please get in touch with me through E-mail or PM. A modded SB and power supply will be available to use as a source or for comparison.

Wayne1

Re: Caught up
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2007, 09:39 pm »
Here are a couple of quick pics of the prototype BOLDER Built Burson Buffer

This Buffer is housed in a case sourced from DIY Enclosures.

The production case will be quite a bit different, but this should give all of you a rough idea of the layout that will be used.

I am having some custom R core transformers built for this project.

The cost is mounting up. $300.00 worth of WBT Silver connectors do not help pricing, but they DO sound really nice.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2007, 10:51 pm »
Wayne,

Where is the gain selector switch?   aa

George

mca

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2007, 06:00 pm »
What's the ETA on the BBBB? Any idea of cost yet?

I really want to try a Burson unit between my Bolder SB3 and amp, but would like to wait for your modded unit.

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2007, 02:25 pm »
Hello mca,

The finalized production version of the modded Burson Buffer should be available by Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

The case for the unit is in the final stages of design and prototype production should be made very soon.

This is a very long process. The people who are designing and building the case are very busy with other work that actually pays the bills.

I have ordered some custom R-Core power transformers constructed for the modded Buffer. They take at least 9 weeks to have built. Whenever they are ready, I will try them out in the prototype. If they make an improvement over the off the shelf transformers in the current prototype, I will order more built and have the cases made to fit the new transformer.

The final pricing will depend on production costs for the transformer and case. I will say that I will try to keep it at around $1,000.00.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2007, 05:42 pm »
What's the ETA on the BBBB? Any idea of cost yet?

I really want to try a Burson unit between my Bolder SB3 and amp, but would like to wait for your modded unit.

MCA,

Hang in there, the wait will be worth it.

I have Wayne's modified Burson right now and it substantially improves the performance of a Squeeze Box connected directly to an amp(s).

I'll have a write-up later this week compared to a stock Burson.

George

mca

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2007, 06:27 pm »
Thanks George, looking forward to reading your comparison!