a couple pics to brighten your day.

RooX

a couple pics to brighten your day.
« on: 18 Jun 2007, 02:38 pm »
Took these last weekend.  Been shooting a lot lately, but was on a photo hiatus for a couple years.  Taken /w D200 with 80-200mm f2.8.

I need to do a bunch of post process on the monkeys.  I'll try my best to get that done tonight and repost them

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
Re: a couple pics to brighten your day.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2007, 02:43 pm »
 :thumb:
Love the tiger!

RooX

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2007, 02:44 pm »
one more i found on my work harddrive :)

Tr3vWh0r3

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2007, 02:31 am »
I have to agree, that tiger is amazing.

RooX

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2007, 03:56 am »
well, thanks all :)  didnt have time tonight to fix any up or add more, but i'll do my best to find a few tomorrow.

(on a plus note i did buy a new truck tonight :P )

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2007, 12:22 pm »
Truck?  :scratch: Anyway I agree, the owl is very cool!

RooX

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2007, 01:41 pm »
yup, truck.  as in one of these.

aka a good way to move around audio gear after buying it :)

on a photo related note, my wife had my camera all night last night, took about 100 pictures.. shes still learning but really likes it so far.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2007, 12:37 pm »

Well... two things, Timbaland must have been working out lately! Check out his deltoids...
Justin appears to be aspiring to be the new king of pop... just look at the "shady" way he's grabbing his nuts..

:lol:

By the way Roox, I've used your Tiger shot as my new desktop background. It really is a nice picture!

Imperial
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2007, 06:44 pm by Imperial »

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2007, 08:30 pm »
I would not easily say this but... this is the BEST shot I have ever seen on audiocircle!

It's something about the eyes of the tiger... It is really eye-fidelity!

Dang!  That is a super shot!!! AWESOME!!!  :thumb:

Imperial

nathanm

« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:23 pm »
He's rising up to the challenge of our rival.

EProvenzano

« Reply #10 on: 11 Sep 2007, 11:20 pm »

I need to do a bunch of post process on the monkeys.  I'll try my best to get that done tonight and repost them

What exactly is "post process"  I assume you mean enhancing the image in Photo Shop.  If I'm right, can you tell me are there certain tools you'd use to enhance any image to improve over-all quality?  I have access to Photo Shop but don't know how to use it effectively.  I'd be interested in learning about a few simple tricks to make some of my better pictures print worthy.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the monkeys???

Thanks and very nice shots :thumb:

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 12 Sep 2007, 12:35 am »
A little tiger.

Canon EOS40D w/Canon 10-22mm lens

nathanm

« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2007, 03:02 pm »
Well this one's bright, and at the start of the day.  I'm finding that the long telephoto actually works much better for these sunrise shots.  Plus if you wanna combine shots for a panorama they are easier to do with the tele view.  Really wish my camera could bracket in RAW mode, though.

RooX

« Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2007, 03:32 pm »
In terms of PP, im mostly using lightroom now.  I have shop, but i just hate spending so much time with it.  Lightroom does 95% of everything i like with my pictures.  There are even a great deal of presets that you can downlaod from people that have spent a bunch of time tweaking.

As for the particular monkey shot, i love the framing i managed on it, but because its shot through a tightly woven cage, it is quite blurry (something that doesnt show up quite as well on a tiny net jpeg)  To alliviate that i used a liberal unsharpen mask, if i rememeber correctly i also have adjusted the contrast to the dark side and brougth down the highlights.  Still not a photo i would ever blow up to 8x10 or greater :P

Edit: also rememberd i cloned some of the black and got rid of that fuzz thats floating thorughout the scene

What exactly is "post process"  I assume you mean enhancing the image in Photo Shop.  If I'm right, can you tell me are there certain tools you'd use to enhance any image to improve over-all quality?  I have access to Photo Shop but don't know how to use it effectively.  I'd be interested in learning about a few simple tricks to make some of my better pictures print worthy.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the monkeys???

Thanks and very nice shots :thumb:

RooX

« Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2007, 03:35 pm »
Love the colors in this one.  Did you use any filters?  Or are you just lucky enought to get such amazing sun rises?

Well this one's bright, and at the start of the day.  I'm finding that the long telephoto actually works much better for these sunrise shots.  Plus if you wanna combine shots for a panorama they are easier to do with the tele view.  Really wish my camera could bracket in RAW mode, though.

byteme

« Reply #15 on: 24 Sep 2007, 03:45 pm »
He's rising up to the challenge of our rival.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nathanm

« Reply #16 on: 24 Sep 2007, 06:09 pm »
Come a saturday morning, if I notice there has been sufficient cloud cover from the day before I will either stay up all night or get up early to catch the sunrise.  I just drive around the sticks looking for a good vantage point.  That day I noticed a nice bank of thick clouds clinging right to the horizon.

No camera filters used, but I do a lot of exposure bracketing and I might also combine two exposures with a gradient mask as I did with that last one.  The foreground up to the lake edge is one exposure and the clouds are another.  If the color is good I keep it and just add a little tweaking in Lightroom.  The other 50 or so shots I took that morning were junked.  The land around me is rather flat so it's not easy to find the dramatic shot.  I need some rolling hills!  You also have to shoot very fast because the sun is rising like gangbusters and within seconds the light can crap out on you.  There's like a 10 minute window of magic light as long as the sun stays behind the clouds.  It happens very quickly!
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2007, 06:20 pm by nathanm »