Very nice Purist rev 1.01 review on AA

Curt

« on: 15 Aug 2003, 09:19 am »
For those considering the IRD Purist Preamp here is a nice detailed review; this is Purist revision 1.01 our standard everyday offering:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/amp/messages/24046.html

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2003, 03:07 pm »
I'll repost what I replied on AA for here...

I have had mine in my system for about a week and a half, running nearly full time.  Although I haven't sat down for critical evaluation or A/B'ing, I have started to grasp the strengths (or weaknesses, although none are readily apparent) of this fine piece of gear.

I think you said it better than I, I there isn't any part of this review that isn't precisely how I would describe it.  I am very satisfied with this preamp and I have owned many more expensive preamps. In fact, this is one of the cheaper preamps I have owned but still among the top that I have tried.

Build quality is obscenely good for such an economical component, heck even for a mega thousand $$ preamp it is still kick-@$$.  It seemed heavier than 23lbs when I lifted it out of the box, but that sounds about right.  Quite heavy for its size.

Once I get my system tuned to a new room and some acoustic treatments into place I will start seriously evaluating.  I also have one other great preamp on hand for comparisons, that has been compared favorably to others I have had.  Then will come my review.

Curt

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2003, 04:00 pm »
Josh,

I'm a bit confused, I didn't say anything, the review on AA was from a fellow in Japan.  I just posted the link for the guys here at AC.

I'm glad to hear your Purist is working out for you and I look forward to hearing your review when your ready. Enjoy.

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2003, 04:12 pm »
Sorry, I meant I replied on AA to his review and reposted it here for AC'ers to see.

Curt

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2003, 04:42 pm »
Josh,

I just went to AA and saw your post, now I understand what you did.

Boy, the Inet is slow in tonight, maybe the overseas link is busy or AA has a lot of traffic, it took almost 15 min to get to your post AA.

Thanks for taking the time to post about the Purist, I appreciate it, word of mouth is our only form of advertising at this time.