Picture Of The Day

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #700 on: 11 Nov 2008, 12:39 pm »
Passionate sunset... (just training with my photo chops...)  :D

The sun was just about to set, and all that power seemed to sort of glow out
of the shadows underneath a lone palm tree.

---

There was a Passion at the beach that night, just visible in the failing light... aa
It seemed to "amplify the moment" ,hanging on to it, fighting against the dying of the light, as it slowly faded into darkness...
leaving but the sound of the waves to rest against the shore.
---

Hehe.. well, Yba's slogan is "true emotion" ...

Notice how the "passion" sign on the front of the amp (A YBA passion 1000), contains a small sun...
"Lending a Lit from within quality..."
This was like 10 minutes of work with Paint.Net rev.3.36

This song by Alison Krauss was of course being played at the beach that night... :singing:

Imperial

low.pfile

« Reply #701 on: 12 Nov 2008, 02:10 am »

Went out to the parking lot at work today to find a Mr. Neil Young and his hybrid '59 Lincoln....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/3023144827_0ec68dbf83_o.jpg

A couple more snaps: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edsee/3023972152/

face

« Reply #702 on: 15 Nov 2008, 03:47 pm »
My little spud amp.

PhishPhan

« Reply #703 on: 15 Nov 2008, 04:16 pm »

mjosef

« Reply #704 on: 15 Nov 2008, 06:08 pm »
Wow...Crotons, been a while since I saw those plants, you must live in a tropical zone.
Nice.

PhishPhan

« Reply #705 on: 15 Nov 2008, 11:57 pm »
I snapped that pic when I lived down in Florida over the summer months. I'm back in Columbus, OH now and it's a brisk 36 degrees out right now with rain. You gotta love the Midwest.

richidoo

« Reply #706 on: 16 Nov 2008, 07:10 pm »
Endeavor liftoff:

Great composition, I would like to see the hi rez pic!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #707 on: 18 Nov 2008, 02:37 pm »
NICE!!  aa   :thumb:

+1 on seeing the High Rez pic!!

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #708 on: 25 Nov 2008, 08:21 pm »
I'm not sure the proper term for this plant, but "around these parts", we call it simply Indian Grass.
It's seasonal in that during mid fall it turns brown, seeds, then curls up and hibernates for the winter.
It will grow back next year but looks like crap unless you cut it to the ground before winter.
The plants grow over 6' (2 meters) tall.
Just before I yanked the cord on the saw, I thought I'd snap a couple photos. The sun shining through looks neat.

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #709 on: 26 Nov 2008, 03:45 am »
Not bad, not bad at all............for a wrench turner. :lol:

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #710 on: 30 Nov 2008, 08:44 am »

From a short break to Marbella recently, I took this with my Fuji F31fd, no post, just shrunk the image for the net.

Nick

nathanm

« Reply #711 on: 1 Dec 2008, 11:52 pm »
Well, that's probably the best photo posted here so far.  (second only to Imperial's stuffed leather mouse, of course.)  Not quite sure what you have to be grumpy about, though. :scratch: :P

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #712 on: 2 Dec 2008, 10:21 am »
Thanks Nathan  8) I love your pictures and to get feedback from you is great.

I'm quite pleased with it, especially as she said "yes" a couple of days later, a decent sized print on the wall will make a nice reminder of the short holiday.

The price of the ring is making me quite grumpy though.

Nick

PS: completely agree about the leather mouse.

nathanm

« Reply #713 on: 2 Dec 2008, 04:15 pm »
Well, what can I say; a bad picture of a cute girl is good anyday, but a good picture of a cute girl is even better.  I would check with the site admin to see if you can change your login name to "Lucky_Git"!

nathanm

« Reply #714 on: 4 Dec 2008, 05:44 am »
I just got my first set of color 4x5 negatives back from the lab.  (grand total: $107.32 for 20 photos!  Hmm, might have to rethink this plan)  First two are drphoto's 210mm lens aimed at the 'ol reliable neighborhood stream, trees are the 65mm.   It is such a weird thing to deal with color film again after like 15 years.  A technical and chemical success, if not necessarily always an aesthetic one.  My first batch of Velvia was a total trainwreck (no thanks to you, crappy Quickloads!)  This time, standard holders plus a Grafmatic back = 100% success rate. :mrgreen:

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #715 on: 5 Dec 2008, 10:49 pm »
Well, that's probably the best photo posted here so far.  (second only to Imperial's stuffed leather mouse, of course.)  Not quite sure what you have to be grumpy about, though. :scratch: :P

I also have the Fuji F31FD you meouw!!! Eh know..

:thumb:

Imperial

jonwb

« Reply #716 on: 9 Dec 2008, 07:08 pm »
Here are a couple of pictures my daughter took recently.  I'm embarrassed to say what type of camera she used (one of those thin Sony point & shoots), but I think they turned out pretty well...  She really likes taking photos and I think its a great creative outlet.  ...and think she has a pretty good eye for composition as well

ooheadsoo

« Reply #717 on: 14 Dec 2008, 04:35 am »
Not showing these photos because they are good photos, but to show some of my friend's work.  The car designs are his.  You may need to read his detailed instructions (not provided) to grasp the design concepts behind the cars.  The blue car is obviously an econobox people mover and the white car is an electric, possibly hybrid, I don't remember, intended to be marketed under the Tesla brand.  The other couple are just random displays at the show. 

ooheadsoo

« Reply #718 on: 14 Dec 2008, 04:36 am »
sorry, dbl post.

ipy

« Reply #719 on: 17 Dec 2008, 06:30 pm »
Coffee of the day....