RAV6X just finished

RAW

RAV6X just finished
« on: 8 Jun 2007, 04:31 am »
These new towers have been in the works from some time and are ready to be released.

A simple tower design using the new XBL^2 M-165 driver matched with our RA104.5 ribbon tweeter in a slot ported tower design.The slot port is positioned so the port loads off the bottom of the cabinet the best thing this slot can be made forward firing as well as rear firing.

Kits $499.99  come with Sonicap capacitors, Sonicap Gen II bypass capacitors, Alpha-Core inductors, Mills resistors as standard with platinum bypass capsas options.
$1599.99 complete with veneer options listed on the site

ryno

Re: RAV6X just finished
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2007, 01:38 pm »
Al
Would these work as a sealed bookshelf?

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2007, 04:53 pm »
They would likely be too large.

Al:  is the photo so small because of something I did transfering it to CD-ROM?

RAW

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:15 pm »
No I would not do these sealed to large of design.If you are looking for a bookshelf look at the RAV1X.

Hank.
Still have not recieved it yet :duh:

Hank

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2007, 05:48 pm »
OH NO!  :duh:   Well, I mailed it at a UPS store and they guy asked me to fill out the proper export form, so it should go through Canada post okay.  Does it normally take this long??

I'm going to InfoComm in Anaheim, CA tomorrow, then NYC next Saturday.  I'll be back home on June 26.  If you haven't received the CD by then, I'll start e-mailing you the photos two or three at a time and meanwhile burn and mail another CD.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2007, 02:44 am »
The M-165x will do about 53hz -3db in a .75cu/ft sealed bookshelf enclosure.  I built a pair that way for my surrounds and they work well, so if that bass is ok for your purpose, then yes they'll work as a bookshelf.

ryno

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2007, 03:07 am »
-3 @ 53hz is perfect for my bedroom system. The speaker location and listening position are fixed, both close to the front and rear walls respectively. This along with a small room, make for a boomy situation. Every small ported bookshelf I've tried was a poor match for this setup. Now I have a 4.5" sealed with a -3 @ ~74 hz, a little lean, but not boomy. I would like to try something deeper, but still sealed.
Thanks Ryan

RAW

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2007, 03:49 am »
I have to ask ifyou are going to a bookshelf why use the RA6 design.Does the RAV1X not fit your needs.

ryno

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2007, 03:36 pm »
It might fit my needs, but all ported monitors I've tried have had too much bass it my situation. I've been looking for a sealed box with a -3 db on the 50-60 hz range which would be a good match for my room. The low end response of the M165-x is perfect if it can be done as a bookshelf. Plus I've always wanted to try a ribbon tweeter. Is 0.75 the correct volume for this driver sealed?
Thanks, Ryan

RAW

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2007, 05:49 pm »
Yes with a F3 of around 57hz you will have a well controled bookshelf with the clean designs of a XBL motor plus the added body of a ribbon tweeter.

Well worth a look.

Hank

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2007, 02:48 am »
Al, are the pics okay?  And, do you want me to make comments/tips to go with some of them?
My pair are broken in and sound great - these will be fine small ensemble (jazz, vocal, etc) speakers :thumb:
I'll get an audiophile friend or two to listen and give me their comments.

RAW

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2007, 02:55 am »
Hank if you can take a few more and send them one at a time email will be fine.WEll less you have a 11mp camer.

By the way yes 1 set left of what you asked for Hank.$200.00 for the pair