Bella Extreme 3205 MKII and Totem Mani-2's....

yo2tup

Bella Extreme 3205 MKII and Totem Mani-2's....
« on: 7 Jun 2007, 04:45 am »
...work surpisingly well!  It won't reach rock concert levels or have gut wrenching bass, but it can play much louder than I listen to without any clipping and I have a subwoofer for bass.  These speakers have an 83db sens and an impedance curve that is all over the map that dips down to ~3ohms.  Totem recommends at least 100watts, and people suggest 200+ watts.  I didn't think the 3205 had the grapes to even power the Mani-2, but they do and it sounds good to boot!  Impressive.

Zero

Re: Bella Extreme 3205 MKII and Totem Mani-2's....
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2007, 05:14 am »
Interesting - thanks for the news/heads up yo2up. Totem typically gets along very well with a good number of tube amplifiers - even though on paper they will appear to lack the cajones to really drive em'.  I found this to be the case on the much less expensive "Sttaf" when matched with the very inexpensive Vista Audio integrated. With that said, I can only imagine the good tunes rollin' out of your audio cave.

One day, I'll get an ear on that Bella!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2007, 11:12 am »
That is impressive.  Most of the Totems are relatively friendly but I've heard the Mani's reject more than a couple amplifiers.  Previously, the best amps I heard that really grabbed hold of them were the Sim Audio and the older Rowland stuff.  Never heard the Odyssey Stratos Monos on them but suspect they would also be a good match.  That says a lot about the Bella to me. 

Bryan

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2007, 01:30 am »
Hi yo2tup,
 Your findings are on par with my past experiences as well. At one time, I had several Totem speakers around from the eas(ier) to drive Staff to the Tabu which is a much more difficult load for an amplifier.
 Surprisingly enough, the Signature 3205 (early version of the Bella EXtreme 3205) did a decent job for a few customers on the Tabu which I believe was 85dB?
 The Totem speakers are much easier to drive than their specs would indicate
 I no longer have an Totems around but I would like to hear how a difficult speaker such as the Mani-2's would react to a more robust setup. Maybe the Bella 100's or EXtreme Hurricanes.

yo2tup

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2007, 05:29 pm »

I no longer have an Totems around but I would like to hear how a difficult speaker such as the Mani-2's would react to a more robust setup. Maybe the Bella 100's or EXtreme Hurricanes.

is that an offer?  :green: :green: :green: