Need a gas heater (Sydney AU)...

JohnR

Need a gas heater (Sydney AU)...
« on: 6 Jun 2007, 11:39 am »
Odd question, I know... but does anyone here have a particular recommendation on what/where to buy/look for in a gas heater?

I have a wood-burning stove, which I love, but I need something for those days when I get home late and just want a button to press. It has to be something I can buy in Sydney and which has an LPG option, preferably without additional cost. It will be un-flued so it needs to have low emissions. It will be connected to a proper fixed gas line -- I had an additional connector taken off from the line for the range.

Anyway.. any thoughts? Thanks :)

rabbitz

Re: Need a gas heater (Sydney AU)...
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2007, 01:57 pm »
We had a Rinnai for several years and served us well. It got the flick when the reverse cycle air went in.

Have a look at an AGL showroom first for the different options and then let your fingers do the walking.

JohnR

Re: Need a gas heater (Sydney AU)...
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2007, 11:12 am »
AGL is the best. They had LPG models in stock! I did get a Rinnai, one of the new (?) low-NOX models. It works great except for when the cylinder empties, when it refuses to ignite even though there's still enough gas left to make a very bad smell :lol:

Not as nice as my wood stove, but about six hundred times more convenient.