Poll

What is the easiest to use Audio Review equipment website? (If "other" please list under replies)

Stereophile
5 (10.4%)
Audioholics
1 (2.1%)
Home Theatre Magazine
0 (0%)
Affordable Audio
5 (10.4%)
6 Moons
11 (22.9%)
Tone Audio
9 (18.8%)
StereoMojo
1 (2.1%)
Positive Feedback
7 (14.6%)
The Absolute Sound
1 (2.1%)
Sound and Vision
0 (0%)
The Inner Ear
0 (0%)
The Audio Critic
3 (6.3%)
other
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: 10 Jun 2007, 11:56 pm

Audio Review websites

bushbison

Re: Audio Review websites
« Reply #20 on: 1 Aug 2007, 02:42 pm »
Steve NO disrespect intended at all; I had to draw the line somewhere and i gave people room to add their comments of something was left out.  It was a simple, innocent survey; I wanted to just poll the fine readers of Audiocircle and get their input .... absolutely NO nefarious intent ... uh ....... intended :oops:

The poll had NOTHING to do with John, and in fact he was VERY verbal in advocating for all in Audiocircle re: this poll ... :thumb:

Steve I have MUCH, MUCH respect  :bowdown: for your publication and read it myself.  No offence ever intended.

VERY sincerely

enjoythemusic

« Reply #21 on: 3 Aug 2007, 07:14 pm »
Steve, this is not an official poll. Let's give the conspiracy theories a rest please?  :bowdown: BTW you're free to start your own polls in this circle (Industry Talk).

Thanks Author and apologies if it came of as a comspiracy theory. Just color me surprised that the old timers like SS, ETM and TNT were not represented.

Steve NO disrespect intended at all; I had to draw the line somewhere and i gave people room to add their comments of something was left out.  It was a simple, innocent survey; I wanted to just poll the fine readers of Audiocircle and get their input .... absolutely NO nefarious intent ... uh ....... intended :oops:

No worries and i LOVE AC more than virtually all other discussion board  :thumb: There is one with some serious 'crazies' on it (hint  :scratch: hint) not even worth visiting once a month imo. Passively read along here at AC and, alas, sometimes get so stupid busy it could be weeks before i get back to being here in a passive nature. Wish i could be more active and, frankly, am more active here than anywhere else.

Steve I have MUCH, MUCH respect  :bowdown: for your publication and read it myself.  No offence ever intended.
VERY sincerely

Color me blushing.  :oops:

A most humble thanks and no offence taken. We are all having fun and THAT is what matters most. Just was strange not seeing TNT, SS or ETM. Then again it is good seeing some of the newbies getting votes and hearing what other AC'ers feel about their web design.

Many manufacturers have great sites, yet even after around 14 years of Internet browsing (Mosiac via CompuServe) there are some sites that defy all known logic  :duh:.   Once i kinda sorta figure it out i click, look some more and click, look some more because it is weirdly setup and so many damn banners and little else and finally find womething that sorta looks like what i want and click... and usually at this point just give up and move on. Web design is not rocket science Mr. Webmaster Of You Know Which Manufacturer/Review Site :roll:

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #22 on: 4 Aug 2007, 08:54 pm »
There are a lot of sites, not everyone will think of all of them.
But I to reacted that the mentioned was not on the poll.
ETM was the very first site I ever visited on the audiophile map by the way.
The time does pass quickly! It seems like only yesterday!  :thumb:

I beat you a bit on the internet time there Mr Rochlin, I was first logged on in the 80's...
I believe there was 3 addresses active in Norway at the time. One of my friends had the 3'rd.
Or it was the BBS system actually, you had to call someone on a phone, they would put the phone on a box
and you would spend 15 minutes downloading a sourcecode, which you then had to compile!!!
Those were the days!!!  :D
It's gotta be some 20 years ago this, getting close!

Imperial

enjoythemusic

« Reply #23 on: 6 Aug 2007, 09:21 pm »
There are a lot of sites, not everyone will think of all of them.
But I to reacted that the mentioned was not on the poll.
ETM was the very first site I ever visited on the audiophile map by the way.
The time does pass quickly! It seems like only yesterday!  :thumb:

Many thanks. Remember what the first site looked like and wish i had saved it. TECHNICALLY, Enjoy the Music.com's first web address was something like http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/~enjoy_the_music

WOW, that is one LONG AR$E url!

I beat you a bit on the internet time there Mr Rochlin, I was first logged on in the 80's...
I believe there was 3 addresses active in Norway at the time. One of my friends had the 3'rd.
Or it was the BBS system actually, you had to call someone on a phone, they would put the phone on a box
and you would spend 15 minutes downloading a sourcecode, which you then had to compile!!!

That was BBS...

(Said in good friendly humor and truth) Back in 1980 i was a member of CompuServe with their BBS and personally ran HEATHKIT's BBS in May 1984 to April 1985 on a Zenith ?Z80? with Winchester 10MB HD. We upgraded it to a new super amazing Winchester 20MB HD a few months later. ANother benefit of working for Heathkit, i got to play with the new and one of the first TRIPLE TRACE oscilloscopes! Trust me, you needed it to repair a HERO 1 robot. As for the BBS, you could 'ring me', which would make the computer beep, and we could chat via BBS.

Remember the Osborne 1 <cough>transportable<cough> computer with upgraded amber screen and DUAL floppy drives? When i was not playing with the ?Apple IIc? with stunning (LOL) color monitor... Then came the Atari 800 at home with super amazing DUAL slots (one for BASIC and the other for programs), a tape drive, and eventually an actual floppy drive. Wow, a 1200 baud modem... Remember hooking up the Hayes 2400 baud modem and seeing G-d... blazing speed with SOME BBS systems that supported that super-fast speed!  <LOL>

___                              _...__
        .-'   '--._                       .'_     '-.
      .'     .--._ '-._                 .'.' \       '.
     /      /__   `'.  '.              / /    `\       \
    /      /   '-.    `\ \           /'/'       \      |
    |     |       '.    `\`\        / /     _.-'|      |
    |     |         \     \ \      / /    .'    |      /
     \    /          '.   | |,-~-,/ /   .'      \     /
      '--'           __\               /__       '._.'
                   ."  '.             .'  ".
                   |      '.       .'      |
                    \ ',    '.   .'    .' /
                    /'-.""-._ \ / _.-"".-'\
         _.=='''--,/ '/_.--._\'V'/_.--._\' \,--'''--._
       .'            _'-.__0_;\ /;_0__.-'_ '          '.
      /     ,____..-'\'.      """      -'/'--..____,    \
     /     '          \       .=.       /          `     \
     |             __  '-.   .-=-.   .-'  __             |
      \      _.--''  ''---'. .-=-. .'---''  ''--._      /
       '----'            .-'  ___  '-.            `----'
                         (    '   '    )
                         '.    _    .'
                           '--/ \--'
                              |#|
                              \_/

Those were the days!!!  :D
It's gotta be some 20 years ago this, getting close!

Over 20... but those were indeed good days :)

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #24 on: 7 Aug 2007, 01:52 am »
I thoroughly enjoy reading all the various audio publications.  On average, I read a different site's latest every three days.  There is no way any of us could cover a majority of the offerings out there.  In essence, the whole of all of our offerings is greater than the individual parts.

Each of us publishers could brag about one thing or another, instead I'd rather celebrate the availability of information.  When I reconnected with audio Enjoy The Music was one of the very first sites I visited.  Within a few days I had found well over two dozen sites and forums, all with something positive to offer.

When one thinks about it, there are more publications dedicated to our hobby then the "glory" days of the 1970's.  Then add all the different forums, with their massive amount of information, and it becomes understandable why everything is in place for a resurgence of the audio hobby.  All that is left is the effort of each audiofan to take one teenager under their wing and show them how good audio can really sound.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #25 on: 7 Aug 2007, 09:48 pm »
 :thumb:  Amen to everything Affordable$$Audio said   :thumb:

TONEPUB

« Reply #26 on: 7 Aug 2007, 11:55 pm »
Well put.

I remember when I used to work for The Absolute Sound.  The guy that bought it from Harry Pearson was
a retired Dell computer guy and he was always trying to figure out some kind of scientific formula or
slick marketing campaign to get people involved in audio, with the hope that the industry might grow by
five or ten percent...

I was sitting in a publishers meeting, raised my hand and said "how about if everyone just has a freind
over for a beer?  If by the end of the year, everyone that loves music brings one freind into our world
the industry would grow 100%.

They all kind of sneered at me.  I guess it was the lack of an MBA...

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #27 on: 8 Aug 2007, 12:56 am »
In your next life take the camera away from the front of your face first! :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #28 on: 16 Oct 2007, 05:03 am »
Tuning kinda late, I see.  My very favorite is Hifi+ from the UK.  They devote a good amount of space to music, too.  Of the newer ones coming to my attention . . StereoMojo and Tone Audio.

(later)  Begging your pardon, all, this is about websites and I listed a hardcover magazine.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2007, 12:16 am by jimdgoulding »

fredgarvin

« Reply #29 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:52 pm »
I didn't bother to read the thread so with the risk of being redundant, how could 6 moons be considered the easiest site  :scratch: a great site it is but without question one of the most difficult layouts until you learn it. Which takes a couple of times...