Piccolo "labeling"

analog97

Piccolo "labeling"
« on: 5 Jun 2007, 02:27 pm »
I would like to label at least some of the connections/switches on the Piccolo kit.  Does anyone have  suggestions about ways to do this?  I have a standard aluminum case that I will paint black to match the rest of my Hag stuff.   Thanks in advance!!

robertwstephens

Re: Piccolo "labeling"
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2007, 12:28 pm »
http://www.abra-electronics.com/catalog/chemicals/k58b.html or http://www.oselectronics.com/ose_p52.htm. You need white.  Parts Express used to carry them, but has discontinued them.  I have used these with good results.  Peace.  Robert

analog97

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2007, 06:20 pm »
Thanks, Robert....BUT, I don't get it.  I don't understand "rub down" lettering ....I was trying to get something to look as nice as JH's labels on his Cornet/Clarinet chassis.  Maybe I can't.   :(

hagtech

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2007, 06:35 pm »
Not sure if such a thing is sold, but is there a laser-printed transparency or transfer decal?  Heck, I'd like it too for prototyping.  Here's the 1:1 scale PICCOLO silk screen, just in case.

www.hagtech.com/pdf/piccolodecal.pdf

jh

samplesj

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2007, 07:18 pm »
Not sure if such a thing is sold, but is there a laser-printed transparency or transfer decal?  Heck, I'd like it too for prototyping.  Here's the 1:1 scale PICCOLO silk screen, just in case.

www.hagtech.com/pdf/piccolodecal.pdf

jh
Yes, laser print decal sheets are pretty easy to find.  The real problem is printing white.  Normal lasers won't because the paper itself is white so it just doesn't print.  Maybe you could print silver on a color laser instead?

If you can find one in good shape and not too far out of calibration the old alps thermal ribbon printers will print white.  Just be careful where you get it from.  I picked one up off ebay to use for my chassis and was then going to resale it, but it was VERY badly out of calibration and I ripped a ribbon cable trying to diagnose it.