LeAmp II measurements

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #20 on: 19 Aug 2003, 08:03 pm »
Personally I'm not interested in the additonal 3 dB of gain afforded by the LE2

Let me tell you a little secret. This 3 dB gain isn't going to make a night a day difference to anyone. The reason everyone is so excited about the Le Amp 2 is because of the new design. I wonder why Michael and Curt stopped working together... If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Curt who decided he does not need Michael in his way, and that he could manage to sell the Le Amp 1 just as well himself (I guess through dealers).

The problem is, that through regular dealers, Curt's amp is going to cost, for the end customer, a lot more then the Le Amp cost through nOrh, while the Le Amp 2 might be indeed much better, and still cost less than the original Le Amp 1.

I think that Curt should have swallowed his pride, and continued to work with Michael, since for the long run, I believe that he would have been able to make more money this way.

I guess only time will tell though... If the Le Amp 2 is going to suck big time, Curt might have made the greatest move of his life.

jackman

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #21 on: 19 Aug 2003, 08:20 pm »
Jones Rush,

Are we going to see any of your other characters on this site?  I really like SOM and the other guys you played on HD.  You seem more interested in non-audio things...especially those that shine a negative light on nOrh.  

Don't get me wrong, if nOrh makes a bad product, I have no problem with people slamming them.  Natham has a strong case with his Pyramids and other items he has owned, however, he seems to be pretty legitimate and measured in his comments.  Why not wait until the Leamp II is in circulation before slamming it?  Are you that impatient?  Don't worry, I'm sure you will find a way to speak negatively about the new  products...regardless of their performance.

You are a funny little man. :lol:

Jman

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #22 on: 19 Aug 2003, 08:47 pm »
jackman,
As a mattar of fact, there was no action in here for quite some time, and I got tired of waiting for my Le's, so I decided to bring you in here (and what a sucess!). I like to read your posts, your conspiracy theories make my time fly quite nicely.

Also, a little confession, I didn't thought of inviting you in at the beginning, at first I was just thinking out loudly. Then at the last sentence I thought I should add something special, just for you. Look how considerate I am!.

ABEX

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #23 on: 19 Aug 2003, 09:45 pm »
Well you could always had gotten Outlaws if you did not want to wait!

Their are a number of cost effective solutions out there,but I think the nOrh has the most going for it as far as design features. I can only wait to hear like the rest of you.

All things considerd it's should be a great set of amps!

azryan

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #24 on: 19 Aug 2003, 10:29 pm »
I won't waste any time repeating what jackman already wrote.

I'll just 2nd it.

jones I have no doubt you're fooling some people, but certianly not everyone. I have to admit you are quite good at the crap you're pulling -which is all the worse.

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #25 on: 20 Aug 2003, 12:47 am »
"azryan"... Your name sounds familiar. Weren't you a member at AudioReview.com back then too ?.

Anyway, lighten up people !, why are you so serious here ???.

nathanm

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #26 on: 20 Aug 2003, 02:03 am »
I don't really know what to think.  At first I thought for sure it was this SOM\Werner guy, or his son or wife or whatever it was, (can't remember) but then I thought, no it isn't the same guy, this Jones Rush is just a little weird is all.  (with a semi-comical, perverse interest in what Namphung thinks! :lol:) But these posts commenting on Norh's business decisions is something I can't really see a regular customer really giving a damn about.  Like, why the thinly-veiled muckraking insinuation like:

"I wonder why Michael and Curt stopped working together... If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Curt who decided he does not need Michael in his way, and that he could manage to sell the Le Amp 1 just as well himself (I guess through dealers). "

I mean, doesn't that just sound fishy to ya'll?  And the screen names are always odd.  I mean, Jones Rush?  What were some of the others?

I'm sure there's more going on here than meets the eye, but I also have a feeling if we all knew who was making these posts and what all the sordid melodrama behind the scenes truly was, that it would be extraordinarily boring and we'd all roll our eyes and forget about it.

If it's the same guy, or guys then they are definitely taking a subtler approach.  Well, they have to cause if they came out with outright attacks they'd have admins on them in a jiffy.

Hey, I could be completely wrong, and perhaps Jones is a normal guy - like I said I really have no idea.  It just smells really funny.  I cannot fathom that if there were bad business deals between Michael and Werner in the past that he would STILL be upset about it.  I mean come on, how long does a person carry a grudge?

Interesting tidbit:  every single one of Jones 57 posts is in the Norh forum.  Okay, there's nothing wrong with that in itself, but still it adds to the fishy factor.

Just pure speculation - I really don't care one way or another.

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #27 on: 20 Aug 2003, 01:52 pm »
I believe that the best way to figure out Jones_Rush is to simply judge each post of his according to its entire content, without taking out anything out of content, and try to see how it fits in the entire thread, or the posts that came just before it, without having any preconceived opinions about who this guy SHOULD be, or what you think he might secretly tries to represent, since it certainly isn't going to make things easier, just more confusing (as nathan said), in case you're wrong.

For example, let's take my last post which created this debate. If you try to apply all the rules I've written above, then you can see that it simply talks about an issue which is derived from the post above it. The original poster raised a good point that the 3 dB change isn't going to make such a notable difference, SPL wise, and if you add this argument, to the argument that Michael claimed before, that he thinks that the main sonic differences between the Le Amp 1 and Le Amp 2, mainly derives from the higher wattage rating of the latter (which means, probably not such a big difference) it might make some wonder, then why is the Le Amp 1 being discontinued from nOrh's line in the first place. I then portrayed several of the rumors I've heard, and plotted the way the future could unfold in both the case that the Le Amp 2 succeeds and in the case that it flops (always trying to remain balanced).

Curt

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #28 on: 20 Aug 2003, 03:04 pm »
Quote from: jones rush
Let me tell you a little secret. This 3 dB gain isn't going to make a night a day difference to anyone. The reason everyone is so excited about the Le Amp 2 is because of the new design. I wonder why Michael and Curt stopped working together... If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Curt who decided he does not need Michael in his way, and that he could manage to sell the Le Amp 1 just as well himself (I guess through dealers).

The problem is, that through regular dealers, Curt's amp is going to cost, for t ...

jones, you think way too much, you should take a break and listen to some good music.

1. Michael and I have just gone in different directions, he wants to sell different types of products in high volume and I'm just a stone cold audiophile looking for the grail. I don't care about volume.

2. I still sell MB-100s and our other products direct, as always, at the same low prices, with free delivery to your door in the US and partial shipping credit for International orders to keep things fair.

3. I also have a real job also and make very good money, so money is not issue, IRD audio is my hobby.

4. I've never seen/ heard a LA2 so I have nothing to say about it.

jones, warm up your gear, put on some tunes, and chill.

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #29 on: 20 Aug 2003, 04:47 pm »
1. Michael and I have just gone in different directions, he wants to sell different types of products in high volume and I'm just a stone cold audiophile looking for the grail. I don't care about volume.

Just applying common sense here, but when someone say he wants to sell his products at high volumes, and for this reason he can no longer work with someone who is looking for the grail, well, it doesn't sound too promising (for nOrh's customers, at least), if you catch my drift. In the music industry they have a name for it, a "sell out". But to be honest, I'm not sure it applies in this situation. Furthermore, I've seen many professionals in the music industry claim that there is no such thing as "selling out", since a "man's got to do what a man's got to do", in order to put bread on his table, at the end of the day. I can't say I disagree.

Curt

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #30 on: 20 Aug 2003, 05:40 pm »
Exactly correct, we all just want to do what we like best and be happy.

Michael is really enjoying his computer adventure, and he's doing well.

*added- Oopps, I forgot, I'm in the wrong forum, sorry guys. I was originally just commenting to the poster where my name was mentioned. This will be my last reply, have fun.

azryan

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #31 on: 20 Aug 2003, 06:05 pm »
"azryan"... Your name sounds familiar. Weren't you a member at AudioReview.com back then too ?

No.

"Anyway, lighten up people !, why are you so serious here ???."

You're trying to warp the view of posters about nOrh in a clearly negative slant, and ramble endlessly about an amp that's not in poster's hand's yet, and picking apart off-handed comments like troll.

Lighten up? Get the hell outta here dude. Get a new hobby till you get this amp and have something even close to useful to report, not that any would take you seriously after all your goofy posts here.

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #32 on: 20 Aug 2003, 06:20 pm »
I love you too, azryan.

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #33 on: 21 Aug 2003, 01:49 am »
Curt thanks for your post here - its nice to have some honesty and goodwill around here!

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #34 on: 21 Aug 2003, 03:38 am »
Quote from: jqp
Curt thanks for your post here - its nice to have some honesty and goodwill around here!

I'll second that.

Andrikos

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #35 on: 21 Aug 2003, 04:34 am »
Hey Azryan,

Are you the GR Alpha LS guy in the AVS forum?
I'm seriuosly thinking of building the alphas myself.
Is it possible to build just half the line source and still be a line source?
This way the drivers would only cost $1k for the pair rather than $2k :)

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #36 on: 21 Aug 2003, 04:47 am »
Are you the GR Alpha LS guy in the AVS forum?

AVS!, right. I knew I seen his name before.

Phat Phreddy

• http://www.PhatPhreddy.net
LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #37 on: 21 Aug 2003, 04:43 pm »
Without wanting to dig up old ground I can confidently state Jones Rush is not SOM / Werner / etc as I know which country and IP Jones posts from (its not Thailand)...

Just to put any conspiracy theories to bed...

azryan

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #38 on: 21 Aug 2003, 05:22 pm »
Andrikos,

I PM'ed you. I don't want to talk Alphas here since nOrh sells speakers too.

jones,
will you please stop your pointless posting!? It's pathetic.

"AVS!, right. I knew I seen his name before."

'saw' not 'seen' dork. Make a 'point' next time! (but I think many woulds prefer you just stop posting).

jones rush

LeAmp II measurements
« Reply #39 on: 21 Aug 2003, 08:03 pm »
'saw' not 'seen' dork. Make a 'point' next time!

Yawn... :roll:
Aren't you tired of being so negative all the time ?. If someone should stop posting it should be you. You have no manners.

Btw, I ment to write "I knew I've seen his name before" (just forgot the 've, and was too lazy to correct it afterwards, since I thought I was clear enough as it is). Present Perfect Simple fits the second part of the sentence better than Past Simple. But, if grammar errors disturb you so much, maybe you should just take a week off to correct all your own. I'll try not to miss you.