A$$A June Issue is out

Affordable$$Audio

A$$A June Issue is out
« on: 2 Jun 2007, 02:18 pm »
Loyal Readers, the Affordable$$Audio's June is available for free download (and it's back under 10 megs!) at:
http://www.affordableaudio.org

Thanks for your support

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: A$$A June Issue is out
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2007, 04:00 pm »
Another great issue.

Too bad the affordable system writer and the Fostex speaker writer didn't collaborate.

ridecycling

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2007, 04:57 pm »
I like reading this monthly zine, my only complaint is the format in PDF, it's hard to read the magazine style set up online with the left right columns - wish it was just one column.  I too wish more of the pictures had reference to them, some shots don't give detail and it's hard to figure out if the shot goes with the article or something else.  These are minor complaints however, I still fumble through and read them.  Thanks for the update!   aa

Affordable$$Audio

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2007, 11:56 pm »
PDF isn't perfect, I recognize that, but it's the best format for the way I want A$$A to be setup.  I think it's important that it not be a website design.  In a monthly issue format, readers have a better opportunity to read the all the articles.

In some ways the single column is nice, but it also has it's problems as well.  It's six of one, a half dozen of the other.  If this was my livelyhood, I would do my best to aspire to reach the level that Jeff Dorgay achieves with TONEAudio.  But, A$$A is a hobby, and although I strive to improve the quality each month, there is only so much time I can offer.  The fun is in the journey.

ridecycling

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2007, 12:02 am »
No worries, but isn't the entire industry of Audiophile a "hobby"?

Zero

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2007, 01:31 am »
Thanks Mark for delivering yet another solid issue!

Most people are unaware that Mark is smack dab in the middle of moving into a new home. Between shuffling through a full-time job, and getting things taken care of on the home-front - its a wonder he got this thing put together this weekend!