would this help with echo

8thnerve

Re: would this help with echo
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jun 2007, 02:45 pm »

That's cool. I mistakenly assume the Response had been discontinued in favor of the Adapts.  I'm glad to see that's not the case.  The Adapts are a superior product but expensive enough that not everyone can afford them.  The Response are a great value and would be a great improvement over bare walls.

That's exactly why I offer the Response products!

Dan_ed

Re: would this help with echo
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jun 2007, 07:42 pm »
Thanks for reminding me that I still need to address the wall/ceiling intersections in my room. I've almost eliminated the slap echo, but not completely.

So far I have built 8 sets of the Risch recipe bass traps that uses the fence wire. Each trap is made of two short one's stacked one on top of the other, so that's 16 of these critters. It is a labor-intensive process and somewhat of a pain in the butt. However the cost is reasonable and they do seem to have added to the room response. I have no idea how well they work compared to some of the commercially available traps. It is really tough to get them to come out perfectly straight and uniform looking. I found that you can dress up the ends by wrapping them with some pieces of those vinyl vertical blind slats.

I have also seen these made using large, round pipe insulation. This method is much less work and they look very nice. I have no idea where to source such insulation.