Opening Sale

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
Opening Sale
« on: 12 Aug 2003, 01:21 am »
Hello,

From August 15th to September 15th, we will be having a limited sale to promote the opening of our new private listening room!  The following featured manufacturers will have promotional pricing:

(in no particular order)
VMPS Audio
deHavilland audio
Spectron
Balanced Power Technologies
Eighth Nerve
Empirical Audio
Triad In-Wall series
Sim2 Seleco
NAD Electronics

Given the strong AudioCircle presence of most of the above manufacturers, this promotional sale is limited to AudioCircle members only.  

For the promotional offer, please email inquiry@roopaudiolabs.com for the component(s) you are interested in, and please include your AudioCircle ID.  We will Private Message you with the requested information.  

Full manufacturer's warranties will apply, and we are authorized representation for the above manufacturers - this offer is only valid if you do not have local representation for the component(s) you are interested in.

As always, please ask if you have any questions.

Kind Regards

Rup

MaxCast

Opening Sale
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2003, 11:37 am »
I know I'm propably too far away, but where is this secret shrine?

JoshK

Opening Sale
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2003, 01:24 pm »
MaxCast,

Rup is in NYC.

MaxCast

Opening Sale
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2003, 02:43 pm »
:( , thanks Josh.

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
Opening Sale
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2003, 06:41 pm »
Max,

Yes, we're out in NYC.  We'll have to check with the respective manufacturer for the components you're interested in as to shipping to MI? , but feel free to email your inquiries or component matching questions.

Regards,

Rup

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Opening Sale
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2003, 06:51 am »
Quote from: JoshK
MaxCast,

Rup is in NYC.
Hey , There's 8 million  people in the Naked City - an address of the store would be nice.Some hours too ! Maybe you'll have a big long line on opening day,which I guess is Aug. 15 th.  :D

cjr888

Opening Sale
« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2003, 11:08 am »
Webpage states the following:

150 Spring St | Suite 4 | New York, New York 10012

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
Opening Sale
« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2003, 04:39 pm »
cjr, thanks for posting the address - I can only fit so much into the signature :).

Unfortunately, there won't be any big, long lines - the showroom is by appointment only, given the nature of auditioning a system.  It doesn't make sense to have multiple persons attempting to audition a system - every person is interested in different components, has a different taste of music, and needs privacy and some time to familiarize themselves with the way familiar music sounds on a new system.  We feel the ideal way to do this is to schedule 2 hour appointment blocks, so there is plenty of time to either listen to your favorite album from start to finish, demo a sampling of music, or just discuss equipment and audio ;).

Regardless, we do have a respectable number of appointments already; hopefully all looks to work out well (knock on wood).

Kind Regards,

Rup

Marbles

Opening Sale
« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2003, 04:53 pm »
Roop, How do the Spectron amps compare to the EAR amp?

wshuff

Opening Sale
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2003, 05:32 pm »
And have you ever gotten the Spectron to belch fire?   :lol:

Seriously, I'm with Marbles, I'd like to hear how the eAR compares to the Spectron.  Thanks.

JoshK

Opening Sale
« Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2003, 05:50 pm »
double....something went funny with the server....

Horsehead

Opening Sale
« Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2003, 05:52 pm »
double post :oops:

Horsehead

Opening Sale
« Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2003, 05:54 pm »
Hi Rup,

Best of luck with your new business.  I like the appointment idea, but for the opening day, wouldn't be nice to kind of have an "open house" where you could introduce yourself, your employess, your showroom, the equipment, etc. while at the same time gathering some NYC area audiophiles to "see and hear" it all?  Maybe have some small snacks/refeshments in a relaxed atmosphere to get acquainted with you and your showroom.  As a VMPS owner already with some decent equipment driving them, I would not want a 2 hour "appointment", but I sure would like to come by and meet you and check out your showroom etc.  Maybe I would even get to meet a couple of fellow "audiocirclers?" there.  How about a 2 hour appointment block for Audiocircle members on opening day?  Again, best of luck, you are carrying some fine equipment.

JoshK

Opening Sale
« Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2003, 06:02 pm »
Rup,

Congrads on your soon to be opening location.  That is a seriously impressive lineup and going to give the big guys a hard run for their prices sort of speak.  I am jealous of your location, SoHo is my favorite, but I wouldn't want to pay the atrocious lease!  

Good Luck!

Josh

JoshK

Opening Sale
« Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2003, 06:05 pm »
Horsehead,

I like the way you think.  Maybe not opening day but some of us should get an appointment for the circlers.   I own RM40's and a Spectron amp, so we could have pretty close to my system right there.  I would like to see how the BPT gear and the eight nerve products up the notch.

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
Opening Sale
« Reply #15 on: 13 Aug 2003, 09:14 pm »
Horsehead and Josh,

Thank you for the kind suggestions.  Your idea of an open house is a great one; I considered the very same idea for a while.  The showroom is a walk-up, and actually a residental loft that has been zoned for limited commercial use.  This prevents having open walk-in hours, and also greatly reduces my commercial liability insurance premiums.  This concept is the only way I could feasibly work out having a showroom in Manhattan while still representing manufacturers that I love and respect as an audiophile that do not have the rediculous "typical hi-end audio" mark-ups.  A retail space in Manhattan is extrordinarily expensive.

While I don't think I'll ever truly have an open house, I really look forward to group gatherings.   I'm hoping to host monthly afternoon gatherings, small audiophile meetings, and the like.  Of course, I'd love to have a local AC meeting sometime soon.

We're still clearing the dust and finishing decorations, treatments, furnishings, etc... but after that I'll work towards scheduling an afternoon of music, food, and drinking.  I think it's only fitting the AC party be my first - but certainly not my last :)

Kind Regards

Rup

shokunin

Opening Sale
« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2003, 02:35 pm »
I hope the power outage hasn't dampened your enthusiasm for the grand opening.

wshuff

Opening Sale
« Reply #17 on: 15 Aug 2003, 04:46 pm »
Are we sure he didn't cause the power outage burning in his equipment?