Zu Ibis Vs. Wax

jcoat007

Zu Ibis Vs. Wax
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jan 2003, 05:19 pm »
The Ibis might work in this configuration because the Vandersteen crossover high passes at 80hz. Since the 3A's never see the lower end there might not be the same benefit as there was when I was running them full range.

Yes it is between the pre-amp and the amp.

I picked them up used, so the full price of the Ibis bi-wire would actually cost more than the speakers.  IMO the Vandersteens are a tremendous value and just get better as the components get better.  I can't wait to get my super monos from Klaus to see what happens.

Ron D

Zu Ibis Vs. Wax
« Reply #21 on: 10 Jan 2003, 05:34 pm »
I made the move from Wax bi-wires to Ibis singles with jumpers. I will say one thing - they take freaking forever to break-in!!!  Are they worth the jump - hard to say. I took the leap because I got more for my Wax than I paid and piggybacked it on a Zu 25% sale so my net cost was palatable - especially in my lowly "Canuck bucks". I still haven't decided if silver is better than copper in my system but I can say that the Ibis are a transparent cable and hide nothing. I can see how a tube system would benefit from their introduction but only after a lengthy time in place.

While I haven't been around this new forum and HD as long as most of you people its my impression that most participants are looking for the best value and that might lean more to the side of inexpensive as opposed to products on the pricier side of things. In other words if the Ibis at $1200 "were" the equivalent of another manufacturer's $2500 cable they would be a good value but yet still perceived as expensive to many of the participants here. I think more people here might want to pay about half of that and invest the remainder in upgrading one of their components - but thats just my take and I could be quite far off the mark...

Summarizing, the boys at Zu are great to deal with and offer good value in all of their products - one's own pocket depth will be deciding factor if the Ibis are worth the jump over the Wax...

JoshK

Zu Ibis Vs. Wax
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jan 2003, 05:35 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Doesn't Zu have a trade-in or trade-up policy?

They do, they offer have of the price you paid on trade up.  I just don't know if they would do this if I bought my Wax's used.

ton1313

Zu Ibis Vs. Wax
« Reply #23 on: 10 Jan 2003, 08:46 pm »
I am pretty sure that the trade up is 1/2 of the price published on the website, regardless of where or how much you paid for them.