Major News!!! Announcing our next TAAS event!!!

phowell1

Re: Major News!!! Announcing our next TAAS event!!!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2007, 03:16 am »
Hello,

I would like to summarize my opinions about the last TAAS meeting for those unable to attend, and to get a discussion going about people's opinions about what they heard.

First of all, I'd like to thank Song Kim for graciously bringing his equipment in for us to listen to. It is always a risk to put your company's products in front of a critical audience.

My opinions about what I heard are as follows.

I felt right off the bat that the first system was very resolving. I wasn't completely happy with it's presentation, feeling that there was a slight hardness. I felt (because I had heard Song's amp before through different speakers) that the flaw I heard was probably due to the speakers, and this would be proved to me by my second listening session, through the song audio two ways he hooked up at the very end. To tell the truth, I don't think I am sold on single driver speakers, despite their amazing directness and resolution.

The small single driver speakers he hooked up did sound better to my ears but I was outside the room and so this opinion ought to be taken for what it is worth.

The sound through the two ways was less resolving by that last tenth of a percent(As must be the case when you add a crossover between amp and driver) but for me the trade off was worth it as the sound was very rich and far more relaxed. the hardness I had heard with the big horns was gone.

I suspect though I haven't checked this out with anyone, and maybe those with Fostex driver speakers can chime in here, that the speakers weren't fully broken in. I have read in a review that this type of driver requires a lot of work to break in, and that it needs constant playing to stay broken in-that it can revert to the sound of its unbroken in self if left too long between plays. I don't know this for sure, but I did read that in a review of someone else's fostexes.

I personally really enjoy the sound of Songs amp, finding it both rich and resolving,but I'd like the opportunity to hear it with a wider variety of speakers.

Anybody else care to opine?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2007, 06:50 am »
Did anyone take any photo's ? Thanks..... :thumb:

phowell1

« Reply #22 on: 7 Jun 2007, 04:45 pm »
I saw someone snapping some. I didn't see who. Anyone care to post pictures or opinions about the event?

phowell1

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jun 2007, 09:49 pm »
I am in possession  of two photos from the last meeting. Can anyone tell me how to post them?

songaudio

« Reply #24 on: 1 Jul 2007, 12:28 am »
I am in possession  of two photos from the last meeting. Can anyone tell me how to post them?

Here are (finally :)) a couple photos from the event (posted using the [ img ] picture-url [ /img ] tag).
-- Song

Song Audio Cecelia playing from Audio Analogue Puccini through the Loth-X Aura

songaudio

« Reply #25 on: 22 Aug 2007, 12:33 am »
Dear All,

Following the success of the above meeting, the SA-34SB 'Cecilia' SET integrated amplifier is finally available for public audition at Audio Empire, 1003 Albion Road,
Etobicoke (Tel. 416-745-6866).  For those interested, contact Curtis or Harley.

Best regards,
Song Kim.