CAD anyone?

jules

CAD anyone?
« on: 3 May 2007, 10:59 pm »
Somehow this got a bit more complex than I'd originally intended ... and I'm only half way there! This inner box will be wood encased on three sides and the top

jules

freo

Re: CAD anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2007, 05:02 am »
Hi Jules
What great work, but what is it? Just about to start my build on a pair of Pi 2 tower speakers, I will post a review when finished, (most probably next year the way I work)
Regards from the west.
Roger

DSK

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2007, 07:15 am »
Isn't it obvious? It's the world's fanciest cheese greater. And, it slices, dices, .....

jules

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2007, 10:57 pm »
hmmm, yes stainless definitely has connotations of food preparation for me  too :)

However it's a case for a GK-1 tube pre-amp. The two large holes in the side furthest away are windows for the tubes. The wavy curved thing is a support bracket for a couple of rotary switches. The channel section at the back is for a couple of transformers [angle mounted where the vents are]. The other bits littered around the place include covers, a couple of pointers for the knobs, some vent covers, a couple of brackets to mount small pcbs on. The black bits are rubber grommets carefully placed for the wiring.

The laser cutting was done by Hunterlasertech in NSW and they are great to deal with particularly if, like me, you aren't experienced in CAD design. It's amazing what can be done in the comfort of your own home though.

Looking forward to seeing your Pi 2's freo ... and other Aus. DIY efforts too!

Obvious isn't it  :scratch:

jules 
« Last Edit: 10 May 2007, 11:49 pm by jules »

DSK

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2007, 12:53 am »
Good work Jules, you've obviously put a lot of thought and time into it. I hope it all comes together nicely for you. If not, you can dice, slice, ...   :lol:

jules

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2007, 02:20 am »
thanks Darren ... a quick test indicates all the bits fit so the cheese and veg. can probably rest easy for a bit. My wood stack might have to ready itself for an assault though.

jules