What speakers did you replace?

birbygdad

Re: What speakers did you replace?
« Reply #140 on: 7 Jan 2018, 02:04 pm »
Well, thanks to Jim and his crew my walnut Song 3 Speakers will be here Tuesday! Yahoo! I will report on them ASAP but I know they will be awesome. In the long ago I started in this music listening hobby with AR 5s, then AR 3as, along with Dynaco A 25s. I had a brief dalliance with Bose 901s in those days. Along the way I had for a long time some Maggie’s (MG 1), then some kit built small speakers which I still have. I also have some refurbed Ohm 2.2000s in the tv room. There have also been some Paradigms along the way (7se and minimonitors). I’ve spread these out over the family. My plan is for the Song3 to be my last Speakers! I’m 70! Ha!

ErichGS

« Reply #141 on: 28 Jan 2018, 09:03 am »
Have Salk HTS MTMs right now.  Those will move to the rear and have a set of SS8s and an SS7c on order.

DFpritchard

« Reply #142 on: 31 Jan 2018, 07:24 pm »
I am new to Audiocircle.  Just ordered a pair of Salk Song3, largely base on impressions shared on this forum.  The Song3s replace Bluenote Ducale monitors I bought used but found WAY too bright, almost glass-like in the higher frequencies.  The Ducales use a ceramic tweeter from Accuton, so the RAAL in the Song3s should improve that listening experience.  Prior to the Bluenotes, I had Harbeth monitors driven by McIntosh integrated.  Great British boxes, but not quite as symphonic (depth of soundstage, placement of instruments) in presentation as I like.  Before the Harbeths, I had Sonus Faber Amatis, which were as rewarding to listen to as they were to see.  The SF Amatis are power hungry but performed well driven by Levinson 432.  Looking forward to the Song3 which will be driven by a Parasound Halo integrated.  Still listening to the same music, and expecting great things from the Song3 especially with voice (Eva Cassidy a real favorite).   

birbygdad

« Reply #143 on: 6 Feb 2018, 07:02 pm »
As I posted elsewhere on this circle, I have received my Song3 speakers. As others have said they look terrific and music sounds just right through them. They are very well worth the wait. There is a synergy at play with the cabinet, the drivers and the crossover that allows one to enjoy old recordings all over again. And yes, Eva Cassidy was indeed a magnificent talent.