It took me almost 5 months, but I finally got a WII!!!!

mcrespo71

I am stoked.  A friend from work knew I was looking for one and he was at Costco the other day and they had a shipment of Wii's, so he bought 6 and saved one for me!  I'll post what it's like next week when I finally will hook it up :).

Woodsea

Re: It took me almost 5 months, but I finally got a WII!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2007, 09:53 pm »
Congratulations!  Can't wait to get your impressions.  Do you have rugrats?  Would like to get their impression as well.

mcrespo71

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2007, 09:59 pm »
The Costco version comes with Wii sports, an extra Wii mote, and Zelda, which is a franchise I love, so good pack in game for me.  I plan to buy SSX Blur immediately and then just see what it's like.  I'm using it on a regular tube TV, so I won't be able to evaluate it's modest 480P graphics until I get a new TV.  When I get the new TV, then I get an Xbox Elite (more probable) or a PS3.  I haven't really been paying attention to many of the games for the Wii since I was just so dead set on finding one and having so much trouble.  I don't even know if I need to buy more accessories for this thing?  I don't know anyone that has one to ask questions about it.  However, everyone seems to be looking for the damn thing.  Here's hoping I don't break my TV screen with the Wiimote! :nono:

I don't have any kids, but my co-worker who bought it does (2 boys- like 4 and 6 years old), so I'll find out what they think of it on Monday when he brings mine in.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2007, 10:20 pm by mcrespo71 »

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:07 pm »
People like your friend are why my friends have been looking for 5 months and still haven't found one  :cuss:  I wish I could find a stack and buy all of them, too  :bomb:

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:22 pm »
People like your friend are why my friends have been looking for 5 months and still haven't found one  :cuss:  I wish I could find a stack and buy all of them, too  :bomb:

Yeah, I'm sure my friend will clear some extra $$$ with the 4 extra he bought at Costco.  It has to be this way at any store they offer them at.  Honestly, I think stores should limit purchases to 1 or 2 per customer.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:23 pm »
Well they sell for $350+"handling" on ebay, so there's no maybe about that.