Selah Audio custom 3-way monitor design _ SOLD!

jholtz

Selah Audio custom 3-way monitor design _ SOLD!
« on: 18 Apr 2007, 07:18 pm »
Rick and I christened this speaker the JH3 Reference due to the exceptionally high quality mid range, high definition bass and extremely open, airy sound. Off axis dispersion is phenomenal. The driver compliment is a Focal 8” Kevlar woofer, Rick’s favorite 2” mid dome the Morel MDM-55 and Hiquphons finest OWIII tweeter. Rick’s extensive experience with this design configuration is immediately apparent the minute you sit down to listen. The JH3 Reference tied for best sound in the unlimited class of a speaker listening event with Salk Sound Veracity QW which is also an exceptional sounding speaker. The results were based on the anonymous voting of over 20 critical listeners. The JH3 Reference  sound quality easily compares to highly regarded speakers costing several thousand dollars.

The sound:
•  The top end is crystal clear with detailed overtones that make instruments and voices come alive.
•  The soundstage is deep and exceptionally wide with instruments and vocals precisely located within a panorama of sound that brings the performers into your listening room.
•  Midrange is extremely detailed and accurate. Voices are rendered with utter realism. The vocal quality is just 2nd to none and is mesmerizing.
•  Fast transient response capabilities result in percussive sounds that are extremely realistic and highly detailed. You can easily hear the tiniest nuances of a stand up bass for example.

The cabinets are very solidly constructed and finished in golden oak with matching dark brown grills for high WAF/SAF. They measure just 20 ½” tall so they are easy to place in your listening room. Rap your knuckles on the cabinet and you’ll hear the benefits of solid bracing and extensive internal sound deadening material which provides the purest sound possible to reach your ears. Pictures are available here: http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1182005106&item

These speakers only have about 10 hours playing time to break them in. Why am I selling them? I have too many speakers and need to use the money for other necessities of life. My main speakers are Selah Audio line arrays so I’m not short of great sound to listen to. I will sell these speakers for $895 plus custom packaging and actual shipping costs to ensure safe arrival.  Local audition and pickup is encouraged. Payment through Paypal only please.

Thanks for looking!

Jim Holtz

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2007, 12:19 pm by jholtz »

jholtz

Re: Selah Audio custom 3-way monitor design
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2007, 12:57 pm »
Bump. Anyone?

jholtz

Re: Selah Audio custom 3-way monitor design _ SOLD!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2007, 12:20 pm »
SOLD!  :D